Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:07

All times are UTC+01:00

nl 
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2013, 19:37 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
Hello minecrafters and others,

I'd like to do a proposal for you, since it has been brought up earlier as well, for a CMP server on Specialattack.
Now; it is possible to have a CMP server but only if there is interest!
What would there be and what wouldn't there be?

- There will not be World edit for players like you had on Freebuild since this plugin is way too dangerous and it can cause damage to the server itself if it is abusively used and we cannot risk this.
- You can make an application to join the server, just like the FTB server, to avoid people going in and grief everything.
- Anyone can apply for a place on the server, if there will be a server, you will see what that application has to contain.
- CMP is most likely to be used for creativity builds and themed builds that you wouldn't be able to build in Survival.

Please note: this is just a proposal! It does not mean there already is a server, if you people can show enough interest for a CMP server then we will be able to make one with eventually plugins that are necessary for certain things, like protections etcetera.
If you could comment on the answer you have given on the poll, then that'd be great so we know why you want or do not want a CMP server.

us 
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2013, 21:24 
Geek (883)
I thought CMP wasn't stable enough?

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

nl 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2013, 21:44 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
I am in for this because my beautiful building skills are limited in survival.

But yea, it could be a good way to prepare for a big build in SMP.

Sent from my GT-I9300G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

+[[color=#0040BF]FrankyDoodle[/color]]) ah french most fucky and irritating language ever
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]opo89[/color]) french is good
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]DarkknightM45[/color]) all the french are good at is surrendering

[color=#0000FF]Freebuild[/color] [color=#FF0000]Operator[/color]
[color=#0000FF]SMP[/color] [color=#008000]Member[/color]

nl 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2013, 03:09 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
tscuzimbrown wrote:
I thought CMP wasn't stable enough?
It is possible with the new hardware.

us 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2013, 03:23 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
CMP is just creative mode with protections to stop the wild from going all out. It is very much stable and possible with the right boundaries set in place.

I like the idea, btw.

ca 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2013, 17:17 
Doesn't get out much (374)
Good idea, but do we have the players for it? I feel we seem to have a hard enough time with smp..

Saintk: Bet those people are americans
Howard: Course they are american; one big religious nuthouse

no 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2013, 17:19 
Geek (883)
[SpA]Halexboom88 wrote:
Good idea, but do we have the players for it? I feel we seem to have a hard enough time with smp..
This is probably our only problem. But the idea sounds good.

"What you believe to be true is false
What you thought right, wrong"
-Dimmu Borgir

nl 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2013, 19:50 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
This proposal is mainly to see if anyone is interested, else it's a no-no.

ca 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2013, 00:12 
Geek (776)
Would this be a public server, or a private(ish) one for our playerbase? Maybe try and launch a public one where everyone can join, but you need to get building permissions by applying on the forums. If it's kept as a vanilla CMP server, it could help increase the overall playerbase, as we wouldn't be waiting for plugins to update.

us 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2013, 00:21 
Doesn't get out much (341)
I'm interested in cmp! Not a good builder but probably can help moderate like how i used to in fb.

[15:38] <@{Patogy}> No, I had it in myanus
[15:38] <@{Patogy}> Which is uranus for you
[15:38] <@{Patogy}> ;)

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2013, 00:37 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
canadacanucks01 wrote:
Would this be a public server, or a private(ish) one for our playerbase? Maybe try and launch a public one where everyone can join, but you need to get building permissions by applying on the forums. If it's kept as a vanilla CMP server, it could help increase the overall playerbase, as we wouldn't be waiting for plugins to update.
Good point but you'll need plugins for that.. ;) Also, I think it'd be better to just have a few plugins like a protection/region plugin and permissions (?) to make this possible.

ca 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2013, 01:44 
Geek (776)
[SpA]Patogy wrote:
canadacanucks01 wrote:
Good point but you'll need plugins for that.. ;) Also, I think it'd be better to just have a few plugins like a protection/region plugin and permissions (?) to make this possible.
Lol, contradicting myself once again. :ugly:

be 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 18:54 
Crap at posting (46)
A cmp server would be amazing. In my case i would be able to build stuff without being alone in a single player world. In Survival mode it takes pretty long to gather the recourses to build something decent and therefor i kinda want a cmp server to build stuff on a bigger scale along with some other people.

[20:55] <+FBV> roqqan: pat
[20:55] <+FBV> Patogy: yes?
[20:56] <+FBV> roqqan: pat your fat :D

us 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2013, 19:53 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
I'd love to play on e CMP server that's actually open world I stead of only having a small square plot to build in. It's much better that way. I have a ton of things that I could try out in singleplayer but it gets boring without someone to talk to. So a community based server sounds excellent. If we do it right I think it will do just fine.

us 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 05:49 
Crap at posting (45)
[SpA]Halexboom88 wrote:
it is a great idea but I do believe that Halex makes a good point on this quote

au 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 11:42 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Proposed CMP server model

Plugins + Systems
  • Residence for self-serve area protection. There would be no cost involved and limits would be based on rank All actions are logged. No need for this
  • Prism for tracking. This will log all events on the server, inc worldedits
  • Worldedit for players that are trusted. Limits will be enforced via the config so that you can only edit a certain amount of blocks and block types.
  • Players can switch gamemodes, spawn items and use god mode.
  • Any player can join and explore the world. As all actions are logged griefers can be tracked, rolled back and banned.
  • Players can set warps and then decide if they want them to be private or public or invite only.
Ranks
  • Can join and build in the world.
  • Can protect 2 128x128 full height areas
Inherits permissions from default
  • Teleport
  • Can set warps.
  • Can switch gamemodes and spawn items
Op
Inherits permissions from member
Selected from players who seem fit to be admin
  • Kick
  • Ban
  • Report + Review + See Issues
  • WorldEdit, MAX 500 blocks.
  • Warp management
  • Prism Lookup + Rollback
Masons
Application + Behavior based. Must be at least Member
  • Kick
  • Report Issues
  • WorldEdit, MAX 1000 blocks.
Architect
Application + Behavior based. Must be at least Mason
  • WorldEdit, MAX 5000 blocks.
Please note: this is just a proposal! It does not mean there already is a server. I will be editing this list over the next little while with things I feel need updating/adding
Let me know what you think

fi 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 11:51 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Finally a viable idea for a Freebuild in Premium Image Will SMP ranks be copied over on at least Ops' part? :P Also, #SpA.CMP?
      I've familiarised myself with Prism quite well already, so I should be able to pop up at any time to rollback griefers or accidental, otherwise irreversible mishaps.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

au 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 12:15 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Yep, Admin on SMP will make you admin here. However this will not apply to any new SMP admins from the server launch onwards

us 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 12:21 
Geek (883)
How about freebuild admin get to admin cmp...huh huh :lol:

au 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 12:27 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Nope :p

well, seriously Maybe people that were Supop+ possibly and a few chosen ops

us 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 12:35 
Geek (883)
:roll:
I see.

fi 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 12:35 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Uuh, another question! Would bans transfer over? I'd hate to see known griefers who got themselves banned from SMP griefing CMP to bits, even though it can easily be undone. Or do we enforce the "second chance" praxis?

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

au 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 12:37 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Up to you guys

us 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 14:44 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Quite technically, shouldn't we use SMP as a hub to get to SMP. That would stop the banned in their tracks :)

au 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 15:19 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
SMP as a... Eh...

Well yeah, there is that thought. But I wanna setup cmp.specialattack.net and have it route right to the CMP server. Reports can run off a central database and we could work something out with bans.

us 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 16:46 
Geek (839)
Back to the ranks, and what tscuz said: Obviously not everyone will be Op, or Member even, however will a "Rank-Up" process still be available? Players will still be able to move from Guest -> Member, likewise with Op, Mason, and Arch. Yes?

au 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 16:57 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Guest to member will be part of standard progression. Similar to freebuild where if you make something nice, and you've been there for a few days then you can get member. Mason and Arch will be by application only. Op will then be chosen from the players if we need them, and if they seem fit to be an op. Unlike freebuild there will be some interesting things with ranks. As this is a CMP we want people who want to build and will be on there as the administrative staff.

This means that you can be Mason/Arch AND Op. However Members will just go straight to the op tags and could apply for mason/arch if they want.

Ofc, ranks that will exist, but I didn't include are Owner and Trustee. Where owner has everything and trustee has pretty much everything.

I am also thinking about a veteran rank. This would have a 100 block limit of WE and kicking (like SMP). Maybe a few other features idk yet.

There would be a forum section for CMP too, as we need a place for applications and appeals and what not.

us 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 17:32 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
I like the idea and nominate all previous FB SupOp+ who are still active to become admins of it :ugly:

be 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 17:58 
Crap at posting (46)
I also like the idea and i love the fact that mason and arch are back.

[20:55] <+FBV> roqqan: pat
[20:55] <+FBV> Patogy: yes?
[20:56] <+FBV> roqqan: pat your fat :D

us 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 18:34 
Crap at posting (45)
[SpA]mbl111 wrote:
Proposed CMP server model

Plugins + Systems
  • Residence for self-serve area protection. There would be no cost involved and limits would be based on rank All actions are logged. No need for this
  • Prism for tracking. This will log all events on the server, inc worldedits
  • Worldedit for players that are trusted. Limits will be enforced via the config so that you can only edit a certain amount of blocks and block types.
  • Players can switch gamemodes, spawn items and use god mode.
  • Any player can join and explore the world. As all actions are logged griefers can be tracked, rolled back and banned.
  • Players can set warps and then decide if they want them to be private or public or invite only.
Ranks
  • Can join and build in the world.
  • Can protect 2 128x128 full height areas
Inherits permissions from default
  • Teleport
  • Can set warps.
  • Can switch gamemodes and spawn items
Op
Inherits permissions from member
Selected from players who seem fit to be admin
  • Kick
  • Ban
  • Report + Review + See Issues
  • WorldEdit, MAX 500 blocks.
  • Warp management
  • Prism Lookup + Rollback
Masons
Application + Behavior based. Must be at least Member
  • Kick
  • Report Issues
  • WorldEdit, MAX 1000 blocks.
Architect
Application + Behavior based. Must be at least Mason
  • WorldEdit, MAX 5000 blocks.
Please note: this is just a proposal! It does not mean there already is a server. I will be editing this list over the next little while with things I feel need updating/adding
Let me know what you think
Ok about greifing. You have a Whitelisted FTB Server if I remember correctly. Why not have the CMP server Whitelisted as well? Mbl's idea is a really good one