Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 08:19

All times are UTC+01:00

us 
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2013, 00:56 
Crap at posting (45)
Back in the old days Member and Veteran were OP becauce of kits. Lets have kits but not OP kits Mabye we could have one kit or a few. If we had one kit it could be something like /kit weekly and you would get...
Full Iron
Iron Tools (excluding hoe)
20 Chicken
1 Regular Golden apple
3 Sugar Cane
10 seeds
...and mabye more but thats all I got

Idea #2
We could have this kit be 1 time only, what is your feedback?

us 
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2013, 04:53 
Geek (733)
If there is to be a kit it would probably just be a starter kit to get everyone off the ground. I would say something like food and leather armor along with perhaps wooden or stone tools would be the extent of it. The tools would definitely need to include a hoe and seeds of some sort to get people starting a farm. Giving every single Registered+ on the server iron tools as soon as they log on for the first time would give them a huge advantage over all of the guests on the server and such. In the past, things have been greatly devalued due to kits and the abundance of materials in them, so it would need to be barebones.

fi 
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2013, 11:54 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
SecretSniperuins wrote:
Back in the old days Member and Veteran were OP because they knew how to play the game. Let's have kits but not OP kits. Maybe we could have one kit, no more. If we had one kit it could be a one-timer:
No armour.
Maybe a log for a quick workbench. Then again, no.
A carrot or two.
...and nothing more, but that's all I've got. Then again, that'd defeat the idea of having a kit, so no. No kits.
Fix'd.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

au 
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2013, 12:55 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
For the new map, which I promise is coming... (We are just running a little behind; The quests, shops and other technical elements are taking a little more time than expected as they are rather tedious to do). Players will spawn in with some basic gear (Stone tools and food). From here they can either get some better gear from the shop, doing quests, or going out and making it all the usual way. The kit is up for tweaking if needed but we can look at that once the server is live;

The kits are a ONE TIME ONLY thing, and you get them when you first join.

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2014, 15:50 
Crap at posting (59)
Yeah, that sounds about right. Quite honestly I had about 4 doublechests full of assorted diamond stuff from the kits - I didn't need a kit more than once every few days, and even then it was mostly a convenience thing.

I would like to gather support for some kind of emergency kit, though - maybe something in the line of some torches and enough food to sate your hunger to full once or twice.

Not more than once every 24 hours, or even longer, and just useful for when you really, really screwed up and found yourself far from torches or food in a cave or approaching night - especially if we plan to have only limited /home capabilities.

us 
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2014, 19:28 
Crap at posting (45)
I think andragon has a good point but so does mbl
We should have a 24 hour kit with....
16 torches
10 chicken
And a set of wood tools

us 
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2014, 21:59 
Geek (733)
SecretSniperuins wrote:
I think andragon has a good point but so does mbl
We should have a 24 hour kit with....
16 torches
10 chicken
And a set of wood tools
Eh no. The starter kit is good to get new players going without giving a huge head start. Wooden tools every 24 hours is completely pointless as everyone should be at iron tools by a day or two of playing. That leaves chicken and torches which would be nice, but at some point you can't just be relying on a kit for food or torches, so that takes away a bit of the challenge that we want to be there.