Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:10

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2014, 19:17 
Crap at posting (32)
A while ago this forum discussion was started.

http://forum.specialattack.net/viewtopi ... t=Rollplay

Recently Crovax has said to me that he would be willing to DM a game of this since Orange went missing (studying).

Would any of the previous posters in the above linked topic still be interested in this? He says that another 3 players would be ideal but we could stretch to making it 5 players and the DM (he thinks 4 players and a DM would be best though).

Crovax has some mats to run a game and some basic Star wars lore knowledge (5 books of stuff for reference). It will most likely not include any Jedi/Sith playable characters.

Express interest here and I will try to get relevant ppl together for a chat some time. Crovax is ready to start this ASAP if we can get enough ppl and get organised.

nl 
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2014, 20:50 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (17)
So we have 2 possible players right now, characters ready and all. 2 more spots left!

Star Wars Edge of the empire is a so called tabletop RPG (Like D&D), except it takes place in the Star Wars Universe. Does this mean you need to know a shitload about star wars? No!

Tabletop RPG's have a Gamemaster in place who knows most of the rules and will describe situations for you. All you have to do is tell the GM what your character wants to say/do and the GM will modify the situation based on what you wanted to do. Of course there might be some dice involved, because hacking that imperial terminal might not go so succesful or unnoticed after all!

Basically the easiest job in a Tabletop RPG is that of a player, because you can just say what you would like to do and the GM will tell you what skills might be involved in that. You don't need to know anything about star wars to enjoy a game of Edge of the Empire, although I reckon most people will have basic knowledge of the star wars universe. In Edge of the Empire, you will end up playing as a fringer who lives in the dangerous Outer Rim territories. The grasp of the empire is not so strong out here, and many criminals and other no-gooders make their home in these territories.

Edge of the Empire doesn't really focus on the struggle between the Empire and the Rebellion, its focus is more on the people who are trying to get rich or die trying on the edge of civilization. Its focus is on the grey areas and black market that has arisen since the new Empire has clamped down on a lot of things. You can expect to be on the run from bounty hunters, hunting smugglers, retrieving lost artifacts, stealing precious gems, smuggling spice etc. Obviously contact with the Empire and the Rebellion will be inevitable, but you are your own man and don't owe these entities any loyalty (yet...)

So if you want to try your hand at a roleplaying game, you are free to join in! You don't need to know anything about the Star Wars Universe, I didn't know much either untill I picked up this game.

I already have an adventure ready to go, so as soon as everyone has their character we can play a game.

de 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2014, 00:56 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Im the second player!

nl 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2014, 23:06 
2 more guys/gals.. Come on, I promise I won't bite ;)

Again, u don't need to have any experience with roleplaying or star wars!

se 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2014, 23:23 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
DnD is great fun and I might be up for some star wars variant kind of thing, but not sure how much time I will have available in the coming weeks. So take it as a maybe depending on the time needed for this. :)

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2014, 09:59 
Hey Mr. Green. I understand that time is at a premium for people, so don't expect this to be played like 20 times a month ;). In general I would aim at 2 times per month, with a session lasting about 3-4 hours. Maximum would be 1 time per week.

I still have you on my friend list, so I'll contact you soon!

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2014, 14:06 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (117)
hey i would be up for a game!

although timing would be an issue for me as i am away for a couple of weeks then gonna be randomly busy on other work projects

:D

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2014, 15:25 
Crap at posting (32)
Well now that we have 4 we need to get characters set up for everyone (send crovax a message for this). We will also need to arange a get together to discuss details and then hopefully start. When would peeps be free for a quick meeting to answer any questions/ get info?

de 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2014, 16:21 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Today! :4

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2014, 23:47 
Grand adventure will start tomorrow (12-08) at around 7.30 PM GMT+1