Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:53

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
 Post subject: The Tough Break update
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2015, 21:54 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
http://www.teamfortress.com/toughbreak/

I could talk all day about the balance changes but they mostly seem to be good/clever - even the little things like a 20% refund for using Jarate to extinguish a teammate are really nice touches. Gonna predict that the masses will freak out about the degreaser change but imo it won't be that bad. The Jag is probably RIP.

Don't know anything about these new maps, screenshots look good though. I can't remember if we've ever had as much as four in one update so I'm excited to see that.

Couldn't care less about the cosmetic stuff :ugly:

edit: holy shit, it's live already!

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2015, 01:20 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
First impressions!

- I've only played pl_snowycoast for about 30 mins but so far I ADORE it! Best new payload map in absolutely ages, if it stays as good as my first impressions indicate it'll be one of my favourite maps ever :26
- cp_vanguard is pretty good for a 5cp map, it reminds me of foundry in that it's on the large side without feeling *too* large
- I looooove the faster weapon switch time on everything. When you're playing at your best, it's like taking everything that you do anyway but making it feel just that little bit faster. I got an incredibly satisfying kill on a demo tonight just because I was able to switch out to my pistol as fast as my brain was able to make that decision - a few hours ago I'm pretty sure I would have lost that fight. Also: playing demoman with your stickies out but knowing that you can switch to pipes that little bit quicker to kill an oncoming scout just makes you feel so much more confident, so it definitely goes both ways. Raises the skill ceiling and gives you more room to push yourself :4
- Degreaser switch time is fine imo. Axtinguisher takes truly forever to come out but A) if you set a couple of people on fire you might get lucky and get a couple of kills while the axtinguisher is already out and B) I don't care lol, got some front-on axtinguisher crits for the first time in literally years and it was just glorious :mrgreen:

So far? Looks like a tremendous update! Well done valve :4 :4

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2015, 03:14 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
+20 hp on pyro extinguish sounds fantastic. The 20% less cooldown on jarate/milk on extinguish is cool too. There's some really clever tweaks in this update, not perfect but it's deffinetly a solid patch.

No more fire proof demoknights! :17

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2015, 13:13 
Community slut (13473)
They completely broke my playstyle on the demo. Fuck that. Stupid ass update and their stupid ass "we need to change stuff as much as possible for the dumb players in this world".

TF2 is starting to feel like a rubber tile playground.

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2015, 13:15 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
They completely broke my playstyle on the demo. Fuck that. Stupid ass update and their stupid ass "we need to change stuff as much as possible for the dumb players in this world".

TF2 is starting to feel like a rubber tile playground.
Image :7