Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:37

All times are UTC+02:00

se 
 Post subject: Ranking system.
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2008, 18:00 
Doesn't get out much (335)
I have´nt seen a topic on the rankingsystem on the forums and I figure there should be one. So I took me the liberty to start one.

Well I guess anything goes here as long as it concerns the rankingsystems. Whats good about it, whats bad, whats there to change and whats to keep. Anything really.

nl 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking system.
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2008, 18:03 
Community slut (13473)
Hiya,

We had a huge internal discussion on the ranking system, this was the result; http://forum.specialattack.net/viewtopi ... =19&t=2308

Cheers :)

se 
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2008, 18:09 
Hey sweet. I guess this saves me the trouble then.

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2008, 18:15 
Community slut (13473)
Any additional suggestions are still welcome thought 8)

se 
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 00:29 
Dunno whats possible and whats not. I guess a "points per houer" or something would be a much more fair way of ranking those who has an aggressive gamestyle or really just enjoy playing scouts or pyros.

dk 
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 14:05 
So long and thanks for all the fish! (1771)
PipBoy 2000 wrote:
Dunno whats possible and whats not. I guess a "points per houer" or something would be a much more fair way of ranking those who has an aggressive gamestyle or really just enjoy playing scouts or pyros.
The idea of the ranking system is not to recognise who plays the most, but rather a tool to give a good idea about a persons skills!

JuncoPartner: I could barely hold it up for long.

at 
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 15:37 
Has no REAL life! (1831)
yeah spike, exactly that was what he was trying to say!
he means that the points sombebody has, should be divided by the ammount of time he plays.

pipboy: sadly, this is not possible with hlstatsx.
imho hlstatsx sucks, but it is still the system that fits our needs the best.

at 
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 16:12 
Likes to type... (283)
i just talked to demm about the new ranking system - and in my oppinion it sucks!

i think the skill isn't reflected as much as the time played! so we should really think about making it a little bit "harder" again to gain points.

:ugly:

nl 
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 16:12 
Community slut (13473)
MRuler wrote:
i just talked to demm about the new ranking system - and in my oppinion it sucks!

i think the skill isn't reflected as much as the time played! so we should really think about making it a little bit "harder" again to gain points.

:ugly:

That would basicly come down to the origional settings :4

P.S. this proves i was right all along, when everyone complaint about dropping in rank, ADMIT IT, YOU JUST SUCK! Mwuahha :18

se 
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 17:00 
I got to say, the new points loss and gains are much better attuned now then before. Guess the only way to get a bit more fair rankin to new players would be to reset now and then. But i guess the highrankers wouldnt wanna see their rank reseted once a week.

The rankin system as it is gives a pritty fair picture of your skill imo. The top ranked really are pritty awesome players. Also I dont know if faster progress is that important, ive had this account for about a week and im starting to get closer to rank 50 (And i´ve fooled around alot along the way up). Guess the rankingsystem only concerns the regulars of this servers anyway. So who cares if progress is slow, we´ll all get their in time :20

The major problem as I see it is that it favor certain classes. Maybe raising the points gained for captures for starters would help out good scouts alot. And maybe headshots should be lowered so that snipers dont have it too easy. These are mere suggestions and thoughts, hard to tell how they would turn out.

:4

no 
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 17:52 
Doesn't get out much (348)
If I keep a 1:1 kpd ratio, I get negative points, which I think is fine.
I have to keep at least 2-3 kpd to gain points (from what I've seen at least). With the old system I could have a 5 kpd, and still be in negative hundreds,
which didn't really make any sense, so I like the new system.

However, I gained 900ish points today with a 2.85 kpd (about 340 kills all in all), which I think is a tad much?