Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:46

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 20 May 2008, 14:00 
Geek (975)
Spy hmm

Don't play it much, only when its beneficial to the team. I like to play Engie quite often so as my arch enemy I'm getting pretty good at spotting you and dealing with the you. So here's my tips, they may be obvious to some but anyone starting might benefit.

1. Once you have built all 4 buildings the weakest link is your teleport entrance. A good spy will sap your entrance and wait until you go back to build it again then zip in and sap your SG, Dispenser and TP Exit.

Answer - Don't get tempted to go running back straight away, this is exactly what he wants you to do. Make sure you remember the name of the spy that sapped your entrance and wait for him to be dealt with. If he isn't quickly despatched make sure you spy check all people coming from behind you.

2. Block entrances - particularly with the Dispenser (if possible have your sentry gun in range of it, but not right next to it), this works good on the highest level of your base on Well overlooking the second cap. As a spy can’t walk through your dispenser he has 3 choices

1. Sap it – this then warns you and you can deal with him before he gets to your SG.
2. Stays disguised and jump on top of it – this automatically means he’s a spy as your team mates can walk through your buildings.
3. Goes invisible and jumps over it. Hmm you thought you had us sussed, not true! When a disguised invisible spy passes close to your dispenser you will see a faint healing trail coming from your dispenser – this is your warning. It is easy to miss.

3. Don’t stand next to and behind your sentry gun. Its possible for a spy to backstab you and then quickly sap your SG before its had time to turn around and nail him. Stand away from it and if possible in front of it, that way if he back stabs you then your SG will take him down.

nl 
PostPosted: 20 May 2008, 17:41 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Some nice tips, but....

afaik, the dispenser doesn't heal when the spy is in cloak. I could be wrong though. (I thought it got changed in one of the recent patches)

Doesn't matter much, the engi usually has his back to the dispenser. Decloak behind him, knife him, switch to sapper, sap sentry gun and then all his other stuff. Laugh when you run off. Of course you need a brain to play spy, and most people don't have enough experience or brainpower to make him work.

The only time I worry about engies as a spy is if there are 2 or more of them near eachother. Engies get a VERY lenient 10 seconds to destroy the sapper of their sentryguns. It doesn't sound as much, but it is considering you remove it within 1.5 second.

Sometimes if the engi is not exactly near his sentrygun, I sap and start shooting it with my revolver. Hopefully speeding it up fast enough to kill the sentry.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 May 2008, 12:45 
Doesn't get out much (366)
Some useful stuff for new starters.

Another thing to remember is that the spy always shows the default weapon of their disguised class, which can make them a little easier to spot.

If it's a little quite around you it's always nice to kill a spy and then see how far you can move his corpse using your shotgun :twisted:

Die spy die

nl 
PostPosted: 21 May 2008, 14:01 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
[SpA]CherryRed wrote:
Some useful stuff for new starters.

Another thing to remember is that the spy always shows the default weapon of their disguised class, which can make them a little easier to spot.

If it's a little quite around you it's always nice to kill a spy and then see how far you can move his corpse using your shotgun :twisted:

Die spy die
/shrugs

I murdered your toys as well

*runs off*

nl 
PostPosted: 21 May 2008, 14:02 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
oh and wouldn't you need your wrench for beating spies?

The amounts of times I've been critted and thus instakilled by a wrench... blegh lame luck. Wish the knife would crit more often and instakill you no matter the direction (when it crits)