Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 06:25

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
 Post subject: Funmaps selection;
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 21:36 
Community slut (13473)
For the Special Attack birthday weekend celebrations we need a couple of good funmaps which will run on server 3.

Please provide the map with as much info possible (screenshots, download links, etc).

Cheers,

sk 
 Post subject: Re: Funmaps selection;
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 21:47 
Geek (757)
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/46860
Quote:
Knock the ball onto the other teams ground to get a point. (Like real volleyball)
The first team to five points wins the round.
Upon winning the round the glass underneath the net breaks, allowing you to go and kill the opposing team.

It's melee only, so don't bother trying to use weapons.
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/48604
Quote:
Hit an enemy with the ball to send them to the spectator room. When all of a team are jailed or dead, the other team wins. Inspired by ka_dodgeball, skybox by T-R-O-N.

It's melee only, so don't bother trying to use a gun.
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/45870
Quote:
Soccer map for tf2. I decided to make it after seeing how popular ka_soccer was.
Hit the ball into the opposing team's goal to win.
I am aware of the horribly placed texture on the soccer ball. It's applied in a way I couldn't figure out to save my life.
It's melee only, so don't waste time trying to use your gun.

fi 
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 22:45 
Has no REAL life! (1156)
Pigeon Conspiracy

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/40341
Quote:
Pigeon conspiracy is a fun map where RED must capture the point in trying to stay alive under sniper fire's. The team switch at the end of round. The map is playable for a maximum of 46 players for a big party ! ^^

de 
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 23:03 
Geek (640)
time to show u ZE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!:

the 3 balls_... maps that lacop showed are rly great and funny, too :D.
those 3 should be enough, as ball maps.

DM:

cyberpunk
Ah dm map that should make u go mad, after playing it longer then 10 mins xD.
It is such a great map and the look is rly unique and very well done!
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/50116

mario kart

Every mario lover should love this map :) its great to make partEY!! and it has moving cars ;)
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/43957

melee ringkings

You love sd? here is THE map! it's a small map where all meet in a ring and "last man alive, lock the door", is all I can say.
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/38943

CP

bestinclass_v2

It's not about fighting in the first place.
There are 8 "rooms". There is 1 room for each class(except medic) and only the class, for which the map is build can beat the map:
soldier->rocket jumps
demo->sticky-jumps
scout->run n' jump mania
heavy->pure shooting :)
sniper->aiming
spy->backstabbing
pyro->"labyrinth"
engi->climbing with teles and dispensers to the top
______
other then those rooms, there is the "medic haus", which is a party room, where u can set music and make it disco-like, by clicking on several buttons. there is a pool as well and some other hidden rooms, like the half life room.
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/47484

thats it for now, with my nominations. I'm quite busy atm so I'll nominate some more, later(maybe).

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 23:42 
Geek (695)
How dare you take the maps I was going to post teddy!

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 23:45 
Has learned to write! (219)
I havent played it but the one where it's soldiers and you have to dunk the intelligence looks cool.

lots of mid air rocket shots and jumping around...

YOu have the intel and you have to rocket jump onto the basketball net to secure it

:mrgreen:

I'm currently unemployed, so if anyone needs an animator!

I've won two awards :D

hr 
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2008, 17:11 
Pretty useless (62)
Melee ring is super fun :)

I hate that volleyball and soccer maps - volleyball is so boring and the soccer one is nothing but a big DM map (a big square field where everybody mostly ignores the ball and just kills each other). They might be fun with the right team but make sure the time limits are short.

And I really can't understand how there can be 24/7 mario kart servers - you guessed it, I hate it as well :)

de 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2008, 13:21 
Geek (640)
here is bball, the map jay likes so much(I guess):

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/44223

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2008, 16:44 
Geek (695)
Namelessone, you cannot resist riding around in a little car as a heavy on mario_kart, admit it! :)

de 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2008, 16:51 
Geek (640)
they funniest thing is either heavy on akiras bike or heavy in the tank. :D

dk 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2008, 00:41 
So long and thanks for all the fish! (1771)
dangerwillrobinson is a very fun map.

It's a map with two towers far rom eachother. In the towers, there are to rooms to snipe from, aswell as a slope leading down to the map.Its a steep, one-way slope. One third of the way down. It's a 5-cp map, and the two first points are 1/3rd of the way down from each tower. Next two CP's are 2/3rds of the way down. The last CP is at the bottom. There are two ways down. Either you can just let yourself drop down the slopes, or you can use scoutjump/rocketjump/pipejump to boost yourself to one of the sides, and drop down next to the center cp.

At the center CP, there will be two teleporters with instant recharge, which leads to the top of each tower (almost.... you will spawn on the slope). Once you have the center CP, you have to take the teleporter, then attack their poinrs from behind.

I cant find the map for dl anywhere,but I have it in my games folder, fi you want it!

JuncoPartner: I could barely hold it up for long.

nl 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2008, 15:23 
Has no REAL life! (1359)
[SpA]Spikespiegel wrote:

It's a map with two towers far rom eachother. In the towers, there are to rooms to snipe from, aswell as a slope leading down to the map.Its a steep, one-way slope. One third of the way down. It's a 5-cp map, and the two first points are 1/3rd of the way down from each tower. Next two CP's are 2/3rds of the way down. The last CP is at the bottom. There are two ways down. Either you can just let yourself drop down the slopes, or you can use scoutjump/rocketjump/pipejump to boost yourself to one of the sides, and drop down next to the center cp.

At the center CP, there will be two teleporters with instant recharge, which leads to the top of each tower (almost.... you will spawn on the slope). Once you have the center CP, you have to take the teleporter, then attack their poinrs from behind.

I cant find the map for dl anywhere,but I have it in my games folder, fi you want it!
somehow this sounds really fun, xD and the all sniper one(on 1 team) must be awesome.

nl 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2008, 16:04 
SpA Fookah (4459)
I say we set up a server where we can put all the funmaps on we'd like :mrgreen:
C'mon over new server :lol:

dk 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2008, 23:01 
So long and thanks for all the fish! (1771)
UndeadDruid wrote:
[SpA]Spikespiegel wrote:

somehow this sounds really fun, xD and the all sniper one(on 1 team) must be awesome.
It is :P Its very hardto hitthe other sniper though, because its so damn far away :P

JuncoPartner: I could barely hold it up for long.

de 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2008, 01:04 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
[SpA]Bucky wrote:
I say we set up a server where we can put all the funmaps on we'd like :mrgreen:
C'mon over new server :lol:
#4 with Dustbowl-only is most of the time pretty unused. :D