Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 12:16

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
 Post subject: Application - Malthusian
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 00:47 
Illiterate (9)
Hey all. I've been playing on the servers for a while, and decided to make an application at last. I generally hover around the top end of the leaderboard when I play. Magisk, Needless, Fucktastic and Gahrain might remember me.

Stats are here: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... /stats/TF2. My best classes are Engi, Soldier, Heavy, Spy, Pyro and Medic - yep, that's two thirds of them, but I do pretty well with all of them :-)

See you on the servers - pack your asbestos pants because I plan on getting some of those new achievements this weekend :D

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 02:11 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (136)
Certainly do - good luck with the app - I certainly remember being BBQ'd or backstabbed many a time by you.

Fortunately I sometimes returned the favour in lead - remember Badlands :lol:

For application suggest adding a bit about yourself too.

G.
Asbestos pants packed

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2008, 00:43 
Illiterate (9)
What do you want me to add?

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2008, 19:16 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (136)
Suggest taking a look at some of the other old apps - peeps tend to add a bit more.

Also from past history offering beer seems to work :)

se 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2008, 19:32 
Doesn't get out much (379)
Free beer or no beer, gl with your application anyhows malthusian! :-11

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2008, 19:37 
Has no REAL life! (1073)
Its all about that lovely, cold, delicious, fizzy beer :4

fi 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 23:48 
Has no REAL life! (1156)
How could i forget you... Just offer that free beer and u will have my vote :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2008, 02:55 
Illiterate (9)
[SpA]Gahrain wrote:
Suggest taking a look at some of the other old apps - peeps tend to add a bit more.

Fair enough.

A: 23
S: Male
L: Bristol, England.

I've been playing Team Fortress since the original mod for Quake. And for those of you who weren't around then, it was just as much fun stabbing those blocky models in the back as it is now. During the TFC days I was in a clan called Morituri Te Salutant ([MtS]), a Dutch clan which hovered around the top of the second division. I played Medic, which was a very different class back then, because you didn't do any healing whatsoever. Medics were an assault class with a nail gun and grenades that let you jump really high. And I did pretty well. Anyway, several years later Team Fortress 2 came out, and after a while I finally found some servers with decent settings and no idiots spamming the voice channel. And I decided to try and join their clan.

As above, I can play most of the classes pretty well. My strategy is generally aggressive. Even if I'm an Engineer I put teles and sentries as far forward as I can. As a rule I keep trying to push forward, no matter what class I am, because that's how you win.

Not sure what else I can say that's relevant. Oh yeah, the free beer thing. If you're in Bristol I'll be glad to buy you a pint of proper scrumpy - until then it'll have to be a virtual round :-)

fi 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2008, 03:24 
good luck Image

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2008, 12:41 
Has no REAL life! (1073)
Malthusian wrote:
[SpA]Gahrain wrote:

Fair enough.

A: 23
S: Male
L: Bristol, England.

I've been playing Team Fortress since the original mod for Quake. And for those of you who weren't around then, it was just as much fun stabbing those blocky models in the back as it is now. During the TFC days I was in a clan called Morituri Te Salutant ([MtS]), a Dutch clan which hovered around the top of the second division. I played Medic, which was a very different class back then, because you didn't do any healing whatsoever. Medics were an assault class with a nail gun and grenades that let you jump really high. And I did pretty well. Anyway, several years later Team Fortress 2 came out, and after a while I finally found some servers with decent settings and no idiots spamming the voice channel. And I decided to try and join their clan.

As above, I can play most of the classes pretty well. My strategy is generally aggressive. Even if I'm an Engineer I put teles and sentries as far forward as I can. As a rule I keep trying to push forward, no matter what class I am, because that's how you win.

Not sure what else I can say that's relevant. Oh yeah, the free beer thing. If you're in Bristol I'll be glad to buy you a pint of proper scrumpy - until then it'll have to be a virtual round :-)
Was out round Bristol not so long ago...drinking Black Rat cider and a little boat called "The Apple"...now thats the future :D

at 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2008, 16:19 
Likes to type... (283)
lo und c ya on the servers!! :18