Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:40

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 19:12 
Community slut (13473)
Here is some info about the upcomming TF2 - Heavy patch.

Class-limiter:
- The first hours after the update the classlimiter will be disabled for everyone to try out the new patch. The classlimiter will be restored tomorrow morning with max 5 heavy's allowed.

Server changes:
- Server 6 will be split up in 2 smaller servers (14 max) which will both run the new Arena mode only. The IP's will be 85.234.146.58:27015 and 85.234.146.56:27015

The servers will be updated the minute the patch gets released. Enjoy playing the new patch, and please report any new bugs.

Cheers,

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 19:17 
Has learned to write! (188)
Will the other servers (1 - 4) also feature the arena mode maps, or will only server 6 and 7 support them?

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 19:20 
Community slut (13473)
DoubleJ wrote:
Will the other servers (1 - 4) also feature the arena mode maps, or will only server 6 and 7 support them?
Initially all servers will support it, we'll have to see what it exactly is and if its suitable for our main servers.

ro 
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 19:24 
The Necromancer (4970)
Meanwhile I'll design a new map cycle for Server #5 as promised so that all the tech stuff can be done in one sweep. Expect me to post it in the evening. Nothing fancy - I'll make the rotation MUCH simpler but introduce alternating standard and custom maps since that seems to be working VERY well and contributes to the server filling up to 20+ players (who later stay for the next custom map but leave if there are too many custom maps in a row) considering my manual test runs during the past few days.

Update: (Not THAT update ;-) I just realized that with all the new maps, game modes etc. coming I should probably wait till AFTER the update (THAT update ^^). Now I recalled why I didn't want to update the map cycle in the first place. ^^

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 21:50 
Community slut (13473)
A little change:

Server 6 will stay as it is, server 4 will transform into a Arena server and we'll be adding a server 7.

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2008, 15:30 
Has learned to write! (188)
The 2 arena servers now only play 3 rounds per map.

If you have slow computer this basicly means that you at least miss out 1 round, which means you only play like 2 rounds on each map.

So basicly what I am suggesting here is to increase the number of rounds played to at least 5 or 7.