Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:27

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2008, 13:12 
Geek (778)
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... p?t=768686

lol?

I haven't tested yet but how does this effect Engi balance?

It is SO difficult for an engi to hold ground against a demo, but if he can shoot stickies to destroy rather than rolling away? hmmm.. might go test.

nl 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2008, 13:31 
Community slut (13473)
To be honest this is a load of BS, because with propper teamwork a demo could already be stopped powerless against an SG if a propper pyro with airblast guards the shit.

nl 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2008, 13:32 
Has no REAL life! (1285)
i would quit playing jsut because of the overpowerd demoman.
On this i fully agree with Crovax.

We Shall Not Be Moved!

de 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2008, 14:12 
Has no REAL life! (1548)
Tbh I don't know what problems people have with different classes.
Some people say:
Pyro: just hit mouse1 and run.
Demoman: see crovax in the other thread :mrgreen:
I mean, what the hell is the problem? Don't you think people are entitled to play whatever they want?
Sure some classes are easier than others, but that is great and makes the game more accessible.
I do NOT see TF2 as a hardcore game, it's a game that is meant to be fun!
And that guy in the forums is just pathetic and seems to be a little child crying.

fi 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2008, 14:17 
Doesn't get out much (389)
It was the same when they nerfed (I call it fixed an exploit) the AWP in CSS a little, pathetic.

ro 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2008, 14:22 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
I hate cry babies. They're a breed coming from WoW and have this far spread across every game. The more of them stop playing the same game as me, the better. They're the reason I never hang on official forums, regardless of the game, since every thread there is about nerfs and buffs. Not about game mechanic, class experience, not funny, not usefull, just endless obnoxious nagging.

And all of the TF2 classes are equal when talking about low-medium skilled players. The only problem is that some have a lot more potential in the hands of a very skilled player. That's it.

pl 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2008, 14:42 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
You can detonate at least 2 stickies in most cases before engineer notices them, pull out shotgun and destroy them. And after recent update spy is so damn better I dont care about demoman nerf :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2008, 15:58 
Geek (778)
Bartg wrote:
You can detonate at least 2 stickies in most cases before engineer notices them, pull out shotgun and destroy them. And after recent update spy is so damn better I dont care about demoman nerf :mrgreen:
YES i played spy, makes things much easier with the recharge being quicker!

I'll be most happy when they've changed the backstab mechanic, i think they will.. maybe they wont. but meeeeh

ro 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2008, 16:16 
The Necromancer (4970)
Oh, there are always morons who can't adapt to changes - I wouldn't care about them. AWP nerf? Bah... Remember when Valve introduced slow-down after jumping for the first time in CS? Now THIS was followed by an epic choir of crybabies, not to mention the infamous CS 1.5/1.6 split.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2008, 16:51 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
"I was going to gift this game to 4 friends over the holidays but think Battlefield Heroes would be a better gift. I'm sick of Valve spreading their legs to those crying about "class x needs nerf"."

I had to laugh when I saw this on those forums. What a cheap bastard.

"Here, I was going to buy you all Team Fortress 2 for Christmas but there have been some unfair modifications to the game lately. Now, as none of you play the game and therefore these changes would mean nothing to you as you have no point of reference, I'm STILL not going to buy you the game. Instead, I've chosen you a game in a similar style and tone. The fact it's completely free has nothing to do with the reason I've chosen that over TF2. Now... Merry Christmas"

I would have posted this up there but I just plain couldn't be arsed to register or do whatever I needed to do.

ro 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2008, 17:50 
The Necromancer (4970)
The fun thing about the guy is also that plugs into Battlefield Heroes as a "gift" although it's a free game. :-D

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2008, 18:46 
Geek (993)
Haven't really noticed much of a difference to the power of the demoman, a demoman is able to shoot stickys faster than an engineer can blow them up really. :?

se 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2008, 12:00 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... p?t=770128

Anyone else noticed?

I had a feeling something had been changed when playing this morning, got blown up by a sticky that I didn't even consider a threat. Probably a mere coincident though.

No idea whether it is actually true or not.

de 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2008, 13:34 
Has no REAL life! (1831)
Yes it is true.
I noticed it during the last clanwar. I got killed with full health as medic with just one nade. At first I thought that it must have been a crit, because normally something like that hit doesn't kill you.

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2008, 13:40 
Community slut (13473)
Afaik this always has been around. I've wondered more often in the past about getting killed at full health by a non-critical

de 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2008, 13:43 
Has no REAL life! (1831)
No, this is new since the last patch.
The damage range was always randomized like that, but the max damage has been increased.
Up until now no weapon could instagib a full health medic.

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2008, 13:45 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]demm wrote:
No, this is new since the last patch.
The damage range was always randomized like that, but the max damage has been increased.
Up until now no weapon could instagib a full health medic.
[knowing everything better style]
The knife does ;)
[/knowing everything better style]

But besides of that, why would they increase the demo damage when the intention was to nerf it?!?! Even VALVe refferred to it as 'win bombs' (i do love demo thought :P)

de 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2008, 16:30 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Ok... and I was wondering why I was killed so often by stupid nades the last days... and Moose... but Moose are evil... so that doesn't count.

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2008, 16:34 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
yeah, I haven't experienced it first hand yet in a clanwar.. but I've seen teammates die in one hit from a nade..
etf2l has a post on this too, they'd want to make a plugin to fix it (if valve doesn't)

gr 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2008, 17:13 
Geek (611)
Scout's scattergun now sometimes does 125+ damage too :roll:

fr 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2008, 18:35 
Has no REAL life! (1831)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
[knowing everything better style]
The knife does ;)
[/knowing everything better style]
[knowing everything even more better style]
actually the knife doesn't gib you at all :D
[/knowing everything even more better style]

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2008, 19:56 
Geek (778)
I don't think demo has been nerfed at all, i was pyro and i was shot 6 rounds of shotgun into some stickies in the way, managed to destroy one after 4 and the other after 6, they were quite close and not like i was missing...

lol.

se 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2008, 20:13 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
MikeDH wrote:
I don't think demo has been nerfed at all, i was pyro and i was shot 6 rounds of shotgun into some stickies in the way, managed to destroy one after 4 and the other after 6, they were quite close and not like i was missing...

lol.
That's what you get for playing Pyro.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2008, 20:54 
Geek (993)
nein! wrote:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... p?t=770128

Anyone else noticed?

I had a feeling something had been changed when playing this morning, got blown up by a sticky that I didn't even consider a threat. Probably a mere coincident though.

No idea whether it is actually true or not.
Thought I was being killed by soldiers alot more of late. :?

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2008, 00:03 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
there hasn't been a change... some guy on steamforums ran tests and its still the same (he did well over 200000 tests or something)

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2008, 08:38 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
[SpA]Crovax20 wrote:
there hasn't been a change... some guy on steamforums ran tests and its still the same (he did well over 200000 tests or something)
It's important to be thorough. I've been tested for HIV 20,000 times and they keep coming back positive. I'm simply not convinced though and I'm sure one of these days it will come back negative. And when it does...

:4 :4 :4

I'm going out to have unprotected sex!!!

:mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2008, 08:53 
Geek (778)
nein! wrote:
MikeDH wrote:

lol.
Demoman takes less skill than Pyro.

Anyway i don't even like Pyro anymore >=O

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2008, 12:16 
Geek (993)
MikeDH wrote:
nein! wrote:
MikeDH wrote:

lol.
Demoman takes less skill than Pyro.

Anyway i don't even like Pyro anymore >=O
None of the classes take an extreme amount of skill to get kills with which makes the game awesome for people like me who have absolutely no skill at all. :)

fr 
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2008, 14:21 
Has no REAL life! (1831)
[SpA]Crovax20 wrote:
Yes there has. Read the topic again. Max damage is now higher than it used to be.

pl 
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2008, 14:24 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
One guy did few thousands tests and wasnt able to do more thant 153 dmg from direct hit sticky, other said that he did 170 but with no evidence :E Damages probably werent changed, but the range seems to be corrupted ( or changed by Valve ) - 1 sticky directly under medic/scout feet could always kill, but now it seems that it does within few meters, I hope valve will make a statement about it.