Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:48

All times are UTC+01:00

no 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 13:27 
Likes to type... (261)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2xAC6Zq ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuU11Mef ... re=related[/youtube]

Best soldier I've ever seen. Insane airshots.

Last edited by Suiclider on 14 Jan 2009, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 13:45 
Has no REAL life! (1073)
That's beyond insane :shock:

nl 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 13:50 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
too bad the movie quality isn't all that, I've probably seen most tf2 frag movies there are out there now xD
He's a good soldier yeah :D

Browse here for more ultimate goodness

af 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 13:54 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
Technically its simple....

In practice thats oh my fucking god what the fuck ragequit insane.

Such a good grasp of speed of rocket/speed of movement,jump height and aim ofc that its beyond real ^^

ro 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 14:43 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
Those airshots are unbelievable, yes. :) I just wonder how often he can pull those off because if you have some training with airshots you can get them in from time to time, but not consistently enough.

de 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 15:23 
Geek (856)
Many of his enemies seem not to be very good.

But his aiming and thinking (due to his calculation of the enemy flights) is very very impressive. I wish I could play like that! :)

de 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 15:45 
Has no REAL life! (3426)
[SpA]Vögelchen wrote:
Many of his enemies seem not to be very good.

But his aiming and thinking (due to his calculation of the enemy flights) is very very impressive. I wish I could play like that! :)
yeh...but he prolly looks like this~

de 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 15:49 
Geek (856)
Or he is the incredible Sexmachine and Ubermensch in one person. You can never know :)

tr 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 15:49 
Likes to type... (227)
I saw him spectating übersexuals vs teamcoolermaster :mrgreen: .Great airshots.
But my fav. is Reptile

and btw http://www.esl.eu/eu/tf2/ems/season3/pl ... /12041828/
interesting :wink:

pl 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 15:56 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Some insane air shots, but tbh every good soldier can master such tactic, if someone care to spend 2 years playing gathers and clanwars everyday ( just like you can master every game if youre 15y old and have nothing better to do ;) ).

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 15:58 
Has no REAL life! (1073)
He likes his crits....but he's still the dogs

pl 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 16:02 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
And furthermore clanwars in tf2 ( etf2l etc ) are tbh boring for me ( or maybe i had to many clanwars in my life ) - just medic soldier scout and sometimes demoman :E I bet good airblast pyro could show some skillz to those soldiers :D It reminds me of counterstrike or cod4 - just 3-4 best weapons :(

nl 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 16:02 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
that reptile movie is evil... silly Americans and their crits (not sure how it is over there nowadays though)

no 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 16:49 
Likes to type... (261)
Bartg wrote:
Some insane air shots, but tbh every good soldier can master such tactic, if someone care to spend 2 years playing gathers and clanwars everyday ( just like you can master every game if youre 15y old and have nothing better to do ;) ).
No, no, no, no and no. If that was the case there would be no great soldiers, as anyone after a while would be able to pull it off. And I can guarantee you that there are shitloads of players who have more hours than him, but are nowhere near as good.
I've played guitar for 7 years and I'm able to wipe the floor with some guitar players who've played twice as many years as me.
Is it because I practice an insame amount of guitar? No. It's because I'm just more talented at it.

You can't practice rocketjumping, meeting a guy in midair and having a split second to react. Some gamers' brains works faster than that of the average player.
I'm slow as hell and probably never ever going to be able to do this. But at least I can watch and get my geekpenis hard.

Not that I'm gonna argue about this, but I fail to see how the reptile video is anymore impressive. Albeit, it's impressive as fuck.

My god this turned into a long post, better stop now before it's too late.

nl 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 17:06 
Has no REAL life! (2546)
Quote:
You can't practice rocketjumping, meeting a guy in midair and having a split second to react.
yes you can, it's called ctf_bball2 :o

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 18:37 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Although with practice you might be able to get near the level of skill of some of these players, they probably have an amazing reaction time and airshot are still bloody hard to do consistently, as some of the etf2l div 1 players do. Really I would prefer to have skills outside of games than skills in games because I'm not planning on being a hardcore gamer ^^ I doubt I'll be able to do double/triple airshots in a year or even consistent single ones :S

Also wars aren't always about the skill level of players a lot of it is organisation, you can also win by having awesome team play and out smart them, but this is a lesser factor of course ;)

I was watching Darn and Abomination the other day, i think they play for 4K, they are both very good as well...

You should all watch some of the Demoman ones from etf2l, then you'll see that being a good demo in publics is nothing like being a good one in wars :P (Seeing as you actually have to be good in wars :mrgreen:)

Last edited by [SpA]Minimoose! on 13 Jan 2009, 18:42, edited 3 times in total.

de 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 18:40 
Has no REAL life! (1548)
One word: impressive. :shock:

no 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 18:43 
Likes to type... (261)
[SpA]futari wrote:
Quote:
You can't practice rocketjumping, meeting a guy in midair and having a split second to react.
Shut up.

edit: oh yeah :P

de 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 19:06 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
O_O

That's some crazy shit. I'm glad that we only have our rocketmoose around. :4

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 19:22 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
[SpA]Blackhawk wrote:
O_O

That's some crazy shit. I'm glad that we only have our rocketmoose around. :4
And i can only do airshots 1/100 times :cry: It's too hectic on 26 player public play to aim anyway, as soon as you try and aim at someone who's in the air you get bummed by a pyro or stickied by a demo :P

pl 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 20:07 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
I think talent in pro-gaming isnt that important, its just you need to practice some things for countless hours till you can pull midair shots with closed eyes ;]

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 20:12 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Bartg wrote:
I think talent in pro-gaming isnt that important, its just you need to practice some things for countless hours till you can pull midair shots with closed eyes ;]
I think reaction time comes into it a lot though, and although that can be trained, hardly anyone can actually be bothered :P

pl 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 21:00 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Few years ago we would actually with friends from clan meet in pub, buy ourself 10 beers per person and discuss tactics on printed maps :shock: And then spend 7 days on practicing just one map 6 hours/day :shock: Trying to describe your best killing spree at 2am with another bottle of Smirnoff is priceless :mrgreen:

fi 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 23:29 
were you any good?

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2009, 01:01 
Has no REAL life! (1359)
Bartg wrote:
talent is the most important stuff.. ofc you can practice and become better, but the one with talent will come out top. see a person like fatality, ok he puts in massive hours, but he manages to beat everyone, even people who put in more. a good example is a friend of mine(a very talented player), his nick is Joepoe and used to play COD4(best of europe). it was ut2k4, he had never played it, i had played it for countless hours, i practiced the shit out of everything.. he beat me 20-11 in a duel.. talent = the most important factor in gaming. you can get better by practice, but you'll never become a "pro" if you dont have the talent.

no 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2009, 01:03 
Likes to type... (261)
[SpA]futari wrote:
Quote:
I played bball today, got a couple of air shots in, but most of them were because of the splash damage from the basket.
Was fun though. Even got 5-6 airshots on the regular servers today. Best one was a sniper dropping down from the spiral over at badlands and got a rocket up his ass and the poor gibbed soldier who tried to rj up to C over at gravel pit. Guess it was just one of those days.

de 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2009, 10:43 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
And i can only do airshots 1/100 times :cry: It's too hectic on 26 player public play to aim anyway, as soon as you try and aim at someone who's in the air you get bummed by a pyro or stickied by a demo :P
Ye... the vid looks like he would have been shot a 1000 times by Frosty or any other good sniper around. :roll:

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2009, 13:31 
Geek (913)
[SpA]Cpt.Awesome wrote:
Bartg wrote:
talent is the most important stuff.. ofc you can practice and become better, but the one with talent will come out top. see a person like fatality, ok he puts in massive hours, but he manages to beat everyone, even people who put in more. a good example is a friend of mine(a very talented player), his nick is Joepoe and used to play COD4(best of europe). it was ut2k4, he had never played it, i had played it for countless hours, i practiced the shit out of everything.. he beat me 20-11 in a duel.. talent = the most important factor in gaming. you can get better by practice, but you'll never become a "pro" if you dont have the talent.
I dont believe that their is something calles talent in games.. but thats just me

ro 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2009, 13:49 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
Of course there is Goldfish. :) Just think about reaction time. Sure, map, group movement, individual class and so on knowledge is also very important, and you get these with practice but not other specific qualities.

Think about tennis. Why do some players miss easy hits a lot more often then others? Reaction time, concentration and so on. It's all part of the game, not just how well you can tactically think a game.

Speaking of movies, I'm looking for good scout ones. Like these from bybben:

Anybody know any other good ones?

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2009, 13:55 
Has no REAL life! (2546)

but you really wanna watch this in HD, I like this (scout) frag movie o: