Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:33

All times are UTC+02:00

no 
 Post subject: Re: Team Stacking
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2009, 17:28 
Has no REAL life! (1242)
Bartg wrote:
There simple way to see some insane stacks - join a game, enter team select screen, press tab to see score, analyze team balance ( its not hard if youre familiar with people playing ), wait till the stronger team has one more player - yesterday on Fastlane there was about 1 minute waiting by 12 people to join stronger team, after I joined team with less players (Red ) server instatly filled ( probably everyone pressed join blu ) :18 :mrgreen: I remember fantastic plugin from cs 1.6 times - if you kept presssing for example join CT on de_aztec after 5-7 consecutive tries you were kicked :4 :mrgreen:
that doesn't sound fantastic at all, I mean why the heck would we kick anyone? I don't know if you find it fun to kick people at random or just don't let people into the server, but I would much more prefere if that plugin would just send them to the other team instead of kicking, as I see no reason for that.

that's not what this community is about :D :4 :4 :4 :4

[SpA]Mint "IN.... MY....PANTS"

[SpA]Minimoose "Revenge is going to jump out of your pants?"

pl 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2009, 18:11 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Nono, I dont want to kick anyone, that plugin worked just as you say - after failed 5 tries for example to join red it tries to join you to team Blu. If you would still try to join other team by spamming 3/4 it would kick you :P

nl 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2009, 16:55 
Has no REAL life! (2359)

See stuff like this is just asking for trouble. Even if it does turn out to be balanced gameplay wise, it still gives of the image of: Oh crap why do I have to fight all these clan persons. This wasn't all too bad since a lot of community regulars who are pretty decent players got in on the other team. But if those wouldn't have been there I am still 100% the same people would have stacked on red.

de 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2009, 17:16 
Geek (856)
The only thing I do if teams are fucked up for several map due to clan stacking and IF the clan is not listening to my concerns is manually switching them with the admin menu. And I think that happend only two times since i am an adminabuserbird. And those clans were really hardcore like 5- 8 people in the same team.

So I dont think team stacking is a big issue at all. I think even if clanmates are grouped in one team (that goes for SpA too) they dont need to really play hardcore "teamerish" with mumble, hard trained tactics and so on. They just wear the same colour, not more or less.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2009, 17:46 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
[SpA]Crovax20 wrote:
*snip*
was this taken earlier today (21/1/09)? I think I was in it at some point, but the it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be

nl 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2009, 17:57 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
ETMI wrote:
[SpA]Crovax20 wrote:
*snip*
was this taken earlier today (21/1/09)? I think I was in it at some point, but the it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be
Like I said in my post ;)

pl 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2009, 21:09 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Ahahah just reminded me of clan WAAAAGH!!, few days ago about 8 of them joined blu on dustbowl, made it smoothly to 3rd stage, then got got owned by me and 2 other SPA members, god they were annoying spamming WAAAAGH!!! bind 10 times a minute :?

gb 
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2009, 13:21 
Has learned to write! (153)
Crovax does bring up a good point there.

Sometimes I find if I happen to auto join a team, which I always do first and loads of people join my team, I'm the one told to switch team lol!

no 
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2009, 22:15 
Doesn't get out much (348)
I think 'clan' is a bad word to use for SpA, as it's a community where skill isn't a prereq to join.
Just like there's loads of other communities out there with lots of people with a tag, but that doesn't mean they're awesome players.

Spa is a big community with loads of members who were regulars before, now they're regulars with a tag, but it doesn't change much other than how it appears for the new guy who joins the server for the first time.