Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:41

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009, 14:32 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
so these two new titles have just come out and I'm pretty interested in picking up both of them. I've just got a few questions that you guys might happen to know the answers to:

1. will guitar hero 5 be backwards compatible with controllers from world tour (specifically for the wii)?
2. rock band beatles - I noticed that bass guitars and standard guitars are being sold as seperate items, so I take it you can't use one guitar for both jobs like in guitar hero games?
3. any idea if the rock band beatles controller will be, again, backwards compatible with earlier rock band games? or maybe controllers from earlier games (which might be a bit cheaper to pick up) will work with the new title?

probably gonna be picking up guitar hero 5 for wii (if my world tour guitar will work with it) and, hopefully, rock band beatles for xbox, along with some older rock band titles. I'll doubt I'll be online much with either, but feel free to leave your details in this here thread :4

lu 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009, 14:45 
Has no REAL life! (1548)
I will buy Guitar Hero 5 soon too, and I'm pretty shure you can use your stuff from World Tour, that's what I'll be doing.
Not that much into Rockband Beatles, but I guess the controler is still the same, even if the one looks like a bass and the other like a guitar. Would be extremely stupid to have separate controllers. In Rockband 1&2 you also only had the guitar to play the bass.
About your last point I don't really know though...

But I think you might find answers to your questions with google in a few seconds! :wink:

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009, 15:34 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
thanks migu - yeah, wikipedia says that basically everything works with everything else (apart from guitar hero controllers not working with rock band game and vice versa, but I kinda expected that). now I've just got to decide what one to buy first :ugly:

'lazy eye' was the best track on guitar hero world tour: discuss

fi 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009, 16:15 
Has no REAL life! (1156)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
thanks migu - yeah, wikipedia says that basically everything works with everything else (apart from guitar hero controllers not working with rock band game and vice versa, but I kinda expected that). now I've just got to decide what one to buy first :ugly:

At least my GH Les Paul works with the Rock Band games as well (XBOX360)...

lu 
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2009, 23:22 
Has no REAL life! (1548)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:

Yeah that song was pretty nice, the Silversun Pickups pack was nice. ;)
I rarely play guitar though, drums ftw! <3

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 04:36 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Make a 'Rock Band: Pink Floyd'.

Do it, lest I bum thee.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 19:00 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
[SpA]DrMcMoist wrote:
Make a 'Rock Band: Pink Floyd'.

Do it, lest I bum thee.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8242749.stm
Quote:
Mason said that Pink Floyd has not ruled out working on a Rock Band or Guitar Hero-style game in the future.
"I think we'd consider it," he told the BBC. "I think everyone's looking at new ways of selling the music because the business of selling records has almost disappeared.
I really, really wish this would happen

nl 
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 16:59 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
got guitar hero 5 today. Its pretty sweet and got quite a few songs I really like. I especially like the drop in function! I just put the game on partyplay and when a good song comes up I grab the guitar and go play the song :D