Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:12

All times are UTC+02:00

fr 
 Post subject: Re: Windows 7 RC
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2009, 19:05 
Has no REAL life! (1831)
DoubleJ wrote:
I had some issues with my Creative X-Fi extreme music card. Have not yet resolved those...
What a shocker!
Creative needed a whole year after the final release of Windows Vista to get some "non-beta" drivers for the X-Fi out. And even those sucked. I had a X-Fi too, but I decided to get rid of it, because it provides no measurable advantage over the USB soundcards built into my speakers (and now headset too). I mean the chrystalizer is great in theory, but very often it would distort the sound and make loud noises, negating all those improvements they advertise it for.

Creative was once a great company, but now they suck. Their soundcards are uninspired (they provide no advantage to built in soundcards) and their once great MP3 players are nothing more than average now. All the other peripherals they produce are only below average quality. Something went horribly wrong with them!

de 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009, 21:55 
Has no REAL life! (3426)
just bought it .. i love it <3

de 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 15:42 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
[SpA]Baal Kagan wrote:
just bought it .. i love it <3
Ya bought the RC? :ugly:

no 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 16:18 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
nobhead Blackhawk :P he bought the full version ofcourse :P

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 16:32 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]Bucky wrote:
I won't bother with windows 7 that much anyway. As far as I've heard and seen, I rather wanna keep hanging on to XP.
+1

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 17:37 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
[SpA]demm wrote:
DoubleJ wrote:
I had some issues with my Creative X-Fi extreme music card. Have not yet resolved those...
What a shocker!
Creative needed a whole year after the final release of Windows Vista to get some "non-beta" drivers for the X-Fi out. And even those sucked. I had a X-Fi too, but I decided to get rid of it, because it provides no measurable advantage over the USB soundcards built into my speakers (and now headset too). I mean the chrystalizer is great in theory, but very often it would distort the sound and make loud noises, negating all those improvements they advertise it for.

Creative was once a great company, but now they suck. Their soundcards are uninspired (they provide no advantage to built in soundcards) and their once great MP3 players are nothing more than average now. All the other peripherals they produce are only below average quality. Something went horribly wrong with them!
I bought a set of 5.1 speakers off them once, and they broke within 2 weeks. :ugly:

de 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 18:54 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Hunth wrote:
nobhead Blackhawk :P he bought the full version ofcourse :P
Waitwhat? Really? :shock:

fi 
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 10:05 
Has learned to write! (188)
[SpA]DrMcMoist wrote:
[SpA]demm wrote:
What a shocker!

I bought a set of 5.1 speakers off them once, and they broke within 2 weeks. :ugly:
My creative speakers and MP3 player are still performing well. It just is these drivers of them.

Although I must say that the latest release has fixed some serious issues with Win7. For example the Startup Console, which I always use to configure my sound, rather then the control panel version, now actually worked, and didn't make your sound driver crash, forcing you to reboot to get sound.

Don't know if there is a new update already as I'm abroad for 5 months and don't have my little PC *snif*.