Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:07

All times are UTC+02:00

be 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2011, 16:04 
Pretty useless (67)
I was wondering, how did YOU discover Minecraft? I was looking for 'addictive flashgames' when I stumbled upon a forum comment saying 'You think that's addictive, go try Minecraft and you'll see what addictive means.', something like that :p. So I went to minecraft.net (that was march/april last year), and pretty soon I found the specialattack creative server and stayed there.

au 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2011, 16:07 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
I found out from a friend who was going all obsessive and addicted about it, and so were the fellows on a forum I frequented. So the curiosity murdered me and I tried it in late January, and landed in SpA's server for my first login. Lucky me :D

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2011, 18:23 
Nerdish, tbh. (484)
Likewise sennec, posts like that all over the web. But I think Moddb gave me the final push "to see what all the fuss was about". So I didn't really start playing untill it was popular.

ca 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2011, 18:33 
Geek (727)
Hmmmm, I vaguely remember watching Notch's rollercoaster video and thought it looked like piece of crap of a game. Then months later, I saw a forum thread on my old TF2 community about the same video so I googled minecraft and watched some french guy showing creative mode and it looked amazing... Build stuff with people from around the world! Seemed nice, no competition, no drama (LOL). I joined and spent a few days building random rainbow stuff and 8-Bit characters. I also tried to run my own server but didn't know I had to forward it back then so it failed. After a few days of building stuff and seeing it getting raided by flying autoclicking griefers I saw SpA which allowed 64 people, the highest I'd ever seen (the rest was like 16 or 32). So on august 24th I gave it a try and it wasn't a grief rampage like the other servers so I stayed.

8 months later I'm wondering what the shizzle I'm still doing here! :D

<+Thaw111> typo
<+Thaw111> shit

us 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2011, 19:05 
Likes to type... (224)
Well, a buddy of mine had been playing Minecraft in class at school. Shortly after, he showed me what freebuild was. No lie, at first I went on there to just grief the crap out of builds. But literally 10 mins later I got bored and felt like a dick, so I decided to build for a change. Thus, I discovered SpecialAttack. My buddy (some may know him as MoldingHam) was banned for pasting Mudkips. Decided to stick around for a bit, and thus I'm at where I am today :4

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2011, 19:06 
Illiterate (8)
One day my brother came back and said he'd bought minecraft, so I thought, woooowweeee and I got bored of mining in about 5 hours. Then he said to me there's a creative mode with infinite blocks for free... what a waste of £10. Creative was a lot more fun. I believe SpA was the first server i logged into but I didnt stay for some reason, this is my third server I have built seriously on, because the other 2 pretty much shut down... wtf am I still doing here like pandorum said and not playing the many decent full price games I have, god knows :?

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2011, 19:18 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Interesting reading how we all came here, l was just zombie browsing through stuff one night before I had to move to uni, and I found a blog that featured the little rollercoaster video and thought hm looks sort of fun for a basic game, so I checked out the site which didn't give much info, and the game appeared to be free so I thought why the heck not and played on some servers. Most were just chaos in terms of grief, I played on Team9000 for a little bit. Though I did this when I was meant to be packing so I left a ton of stuff at home -_-

So yeah carried on playing at my dorm, SpA seemed to have a reasonable, but not silly sized capacity, so I joined and well, people were building, and the admins weren't assholes, I thought, nice I think I'll come here more often. One of the first things I did was make a glass cube around spawn and then put a deep hole outside the only exit, people would run out and just drop :lol:
Then SnowBalls kicked me :(

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2011, 19:30 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Whilst at a relaxing SpA meeting in Romania, Lim cursed us all with the thought of Whinecraft which at a later date soon spread it's ugly head into SpA.

McMoist forced me to join and the only thing I found fascinating was to plant flowers EVERYWHERE for two hours after making McMoist build this for me:

The evidence is plain, I have seen it, I've done it, I don't like it!
Now where's my lego?

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2011, 19:36 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I think Annaracks the last minecraft bully :wink: we'll mine your heat of obsidian one day anna, you'll be mining away like you've forgotten yourself soon enough

us 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2011, 19:40 
Has learned to write! (219)
I have no life.

Is that enough to say how I discovered it? :3

[21:54]<+FBB1>jasontingler: im only 10years old and i can talk shit

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2011, 20:12 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
I went to hospital while I was there I was given morphine, in the haze asked for lego instead my friend gave me minecraft, so I'd cause less damage. Minecraft was here when I came back, seemed sensible to continue playing at that point.

it 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2011, 21:28 
Crap at posting (38)
I discovered Minecraft by watching Youtube Videos.

I was watching Call of duty videos ( lol ) and then i see minecraft on the right corner, so i clicked it.
It was October 15th, it seemed a nice game, so i went to minecraft.net, first i played singleplayer, than i made an account and tried multiplayer, than i joined Specialattack.net Freebuild, and i stucked to this server, becouse there were a less amount of griefers and active admins ( i remember the 1st moderator i saw was Fumino, with a blue name, believe at the time it was op )

Than i got addicted to the game :)

au 
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2011, 00:46 
Has no REAL life! (1099)
There was a thread for this a while back, but who cares.

I follow a game review site, and they did a review of creative, http://jayisgames.com/archives/2009/07/minecraft.php, played it a bit, got bored, bookmarked it, ditched it for a year. Then I got bored of playing other crap and randomly clicked on it in my bookmarks and then I clicked on a random server with 40+ players, because I thought it would be a big community, and here we are.

[22:07] <@FBB2> +Ollieboy: %d+Pandorum%f: So Ollie when shall we have sex again?
[22:07] <@Xesdra_> fail
[22:07] <@FBB2> +Ollieboy: Noo the say failed me
[22:08] <@FBB1> +Pandorum: LOL

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2011, 00:55 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
Whinecraft
:demm:

:5:

fi 
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2011, 01:40 
Crap at posting (54)
A guy was playing it during university lecture. Later the game was discussed at IRC channel(s), so I tought I'd give it a try.
I got the basics from single player and the discussions on the channels, so I just went sightseeing on servers with cool names. Theres couple of servers I've been playing on "actively" before SpA. As my first multiplayer build I made a medieval guard tower. Cobblestone walls with four wooden columns in the middle and stairs climbing to the top rounding the columns. The servers soon got terribly low on frequent visitors tough, so I tought of changing the server to the first with high player count: SpecialAttack.net Freebuild. I think I got my builder rank in 45 minutes with a white palace thingy. Spike told me something along the lines that I should just build bigger for veteran :3

The bot? I don't think I started writing it before I hit OP rank. Answering all those how to fly questions was hard work.

<+FBB2_> dan9201: Does anyone else think Dankirk may possibly be....
<+FBB2_> dan9201: GOD?

us 
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2011, 02:52 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (17)
around november I stumbled upon a website detaling some guys first 10 or so nights on minecraft, later i read it about it here and there on forums and stuff, then i read about how it was becoming an internet phenomenon so i decided to try it out last month or 2 months ago. I looked for the fullest servers and came to special attack because its lots of people but doesnt slow down my computer, i got hooked and here i am :)

us 
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2011, 03:00 
Crap at posting (56)
In short, this:

It was St. Pats weekend at my school and a bunch of guys were crowded around a computer at a party watching the above video. Sure it got some good laughs, but my attention was diverted back to watching drunk people play ping pong. Later in the evening I heard a few short bursts of laughter from the adjacent room so I decided to investigate and there it was, Indev. Some guy in the back kept warning us about the spiders. Psssh, spiders? Give me a break. Those heartless bloodthirsty spiders... And man did shit ever hit the fan when we encountered them. Everyone went crazy; barking commands, yelling obscenities, all in hopes of saving our beloved hero. And when the dust settled, all we were left with was a dead Joe Miner getting teabagged by a mob. Filled with adrenaline, I staggered back to my apartment and bought minecraft that very night. A month passed and I grew bored of survival and moved onto creative, playing first on WorkingSkydive (lol), then wandering into SpA.

I got a B on my senior design project because of this game :4

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc492/jse8r3/screenshot_20110126003347.png

Last edited by Snave2 on 11 Apr 2011, 03:47, edited 1 time in total.

us 
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2011, 03:10 
Has no REAL life! (1295)
I was over at a friends house. There were like 4 guys there and most of us were playing MW2. I see my friends on the computer so I go over to check what he's doing and hes playing on a freebuild server. First thought was that the game looked like a game for those dicks who wanted to fuck up other peoples stuff. I was mostly right, but that's how it started.

au 
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2011, 04:24 
Has no REAL life! (1662)
Mine is the most original! My local newspapers TV guide guy did a review of it (this was back when not even infdev existed) and I started playing on some other shitty server, got promoted up there and got sick of all the bitching in the higher ranks so I moved server. Now there is less bitching. :lol:

us 
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2011, 04:35 
Geek (943)
I heard of someone using Minecraft to run tabletop games over the internet. Nothing came of it because I never went to play with them, but I checked out Minecraft and played some Classic Survival. Cue last June, when some friends of mine had a fit of creative playing fun, then when they lost interest I didn't, so I joined the server with 64 players and an awesome name and figured I could at least figure out how to play more seriously. I never left.

ca 
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2011, 02:26 
Geek (649)
I discovered minecraft on a side of a vodka bottle.

us 
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2011, 04:24 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (22)
i found mc after a freind told me about it. I bought it on impulse after playing fb for 10 minutes, and haven't stopped yet. Although maybe i sohuld, seeing as how sometimes i wind up spending my whole say (12+ hours) on mc... nah, i need to spend more time, not less :D

-----------------
god damn i hate the smilies

us 
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2011, 04:50 
Crap at posting (34)
I was browsing the internet and saw this:

Ever since minecraft(and the music) has been stuck in my headbum bum bum...

us 
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2011, 07:07 
Geek (638)
I played alpha for a while, hated it. It made my head hurt, and night time went on forever. I was on the site, saw the multiplayer option, for classic and thought of how badly it must fail. I came onto the SpA site first thing, as I looked for a server like I look for TF2 ones- some players, but not too full. I came out, and started messing around and stuff. I helped random castles, built a glass maze, a missile silo, and failed to make a topiary. I asked for a review on them, and they all failed :*( Ollieboy was the one to turn them down. However, I saw that the server favored artistic talent with somewhat ridiculous zeal, so I stuck around because of my failure.

au 
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2011, 07:59 
Has no REAL life! (1662)
Maybe if you weren't so shit.. :P

us 
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2011, 00:28 
Crap at posting (28)
seananenrs omgf hesso funny

Kidding, surprised it hasn't been said yet.

Anyway, I found minecraft through classmates and friends who played it.
All of which who just bought the game to grief things T_T

[22:17] <+fbibradfbi> !players
[22:17] <+Dankirk> 238 players online

If my avatar is a spoiler, sorry. :3

au 
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2011, 01:48 
Has no REAL life! (1099)
xKoreaNx wrote:

Bought, or downloaded a crack?

[22:07] <@FBB2> +Ollieboy: %d+Pandorum%f: So Ollie when shall we have sex again?
[22:07] <@Xesdra_> fail
[22:07] <@FBB2> +Ollieboy: Noo the say failed me
[22:08] <@FBB1> +Pandorum: LOL

us 
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2011, 04:36 
Geek (943)
Not really related to Minecraft, but I was accosted by a very angry ex-classmate of mine who informed me that I sucked because I introduced her to Minecraft and now she is addicted. I was talking about Minecraft to my brother (who totally loves it since he hasn't played since July) at the time, and I almost recommended SpecialAttack to her, but she left before I could.

us 
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2011, 00:24 
Crap at posting (28)
Xesdra wrote:
xKoreaNx wrote:

Bought, or downloaded a crack?
Bought, since they don't know how to use torrents >.<

[22:17] <+fbibradfbi> !players
[22:17] <+Dankirk> 238 players online

If my avatar is a spoiler, sorry. :3

us 
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2011, 00:38 
Geek (943)
Torrents are for when the files are too big to be easily distributed. You'd still need a central server to get them. For smaller things, you'd just be hosting the file on a site that doesn't ask questions or one you've purchased yourself, and let people download the one file.

I'm not sure why I know this.