Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:14

All times are UTC+02:00

ca 
PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 00:19 
Doesn't get out much (377)
Anyone here also enjoy the series Vampire Diaries?
if so give me your take on what you thought of season 2 and what you think will happen in season 3..
Or if you really hate the series tell me why, theres not alot of ways u can troll here.... Unless....
This is my way of trying to cope with waiting to watch it =P

be 
PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 00:51 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
I've been watching a lot of old vampire movies lately, mostly Dracula films, to be precise (e.g. the Universal Dracula with Béla Lugosi, the Hammer House of Horror Dracula with Christopher Lee and the 1922 Nosferatu). I just love all the gothic horror stories and I love experiencing them through all sorts of media. This show does seem to me like it's riding on the wave that is being pushed by True Blood, Twilight and the likes. I shouldn't be making any judgements about this though, I haven't even seen this series.

(There used to be a little rant here before I even posted about how vampires have changed since Bram Stoker's count Dracula but it seems a bit out of place here :) )

ca 
PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 01:16 
I have seen some of the Dracula movies, theyre not too bad. really boring to me when i compare them to this series.
As for twilight i have read all the books. The one thing that ruined it for me was.. They sparkle in the sunlight? Wtf is that. It seems like that would be the kind of thing someone would make vampires do in a movie making Fun of vampires.

The VD's does not waver far from the original traits of vampires. They burn in the sunlight, they don't sparkle. One major difference is how people become vampires which i find to be better then simply being bitten, then poof your a vampire!
As for true blood i have not seen it, watching one series about vampires is quite enough i think.

If anyone has time on they're hands, looking for something to watch/do and has interest in vampires i suggest watching the first few episodes to see if you like it. The series really grows on you, its become impossible for me not to watch when a new episode comes out.

us 
PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 08:02 
Has learned to write! (219)
My sister watches it. Idk why. At least thats gives me access to the computer :P

I'm more into the show, "Supernatural."

I might actually watch the 1st season. I watched like the first episode jus thinking, "Ugh another vampire series."

Kind of changing my thought about it now.

[21:54]<+FBB1>jasontingler: im only 10years old and i can talk shit

ee 
PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 11:31 
Likes to type... (233)
I sometimes watch it and die a little every time, cause it's a teenage high-school drama and I'm old enough to know better.
But I like the idea of vampires... so I keep doing it.

I've watched all sorts of vamp movies and series. Interview with a Vampire ranks the highest in my eyes.
Destoned wrote:
As for true blood i have not seen it, watching one series about vampires is quite enough i think.
True Blood is the best of all the vamp series to be honest, it's so beyond VD. You should really, really check it out.

A random movie suggestion: Queen of the Damned, a movie that has a score of just 4.8 on IMDB, is also one favorite of mine. It's often cheesy and crazy, so I can understand why people would score it low, but I like it. The soundtrack is absolutely amazing though, if you're into metal. And they didn't just put random cool songs into the movie, these ones are actually created for the movie. Jonathan Davis from Korn helped to make them sound similar and the artists include Marilyn Manson, Tricky, Papa Roach, Disturbed, Static X, Chester Bennington from Linkin Park in it etc.
The movie bases on Anne Rice books (same as the Interview with a Vampire), so it's not that bad really.

2.5 and 1.5 million views on youtube speak for themselves, if you're into metal music at all this movie is for you:

gb 
PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 13:24 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Queen of the damned was shit for me, because I thought it was the sequel to Interview with a vampire, which is fucking brilliant. The sound track is pretty good though.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 02:14 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
Two words... Lost Boys!

gb 
PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 14:50 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Mclusky wrote:
Two words... Lost Boys!
:26 :hug:

nl 
PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 15:24 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
I never really got the Lost Boys though practically everyone I know loves it. Martin, Near Dark, Thirst, The Addiction, Nosferatu and Let the Right one In, I'll add those to lost boys as must see vampire films

gb 
PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 17:52 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
[SpA]cardboard wrote:
I never really got the Lost Boys though practically everyone I know loves it. Martin, Near Dark, Thirst, The Addiction, Nosferatu and Let the Right one In, I'll add those to lost boys as must see vampire films
Good call on Near Dark thats another vampire flick I love. I am into the more alternative takes on vampires rather than the traditional gothic ones(which are still good with me) and both Lost Boys and Near Dark are good examples of that along with From Dusk til Dawn and Daybreakers which isn't strictly a vampire movie but it's swish!

Edit: Thinking back Daybreakers is a vampire movie isn't it? I was thinking it was along the lines of I Am Legend for a moment with it being an infection of some sort.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 19:30 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Dracula: Dead and Loving It :5:

ca 
PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 02:23 
sure il check out True Blood, i gotta wait awhile for the next VD ep to come out anyway