[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 19: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 20: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 19: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 20: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
HDMI out from laptop to GD245HQ - SpecialAttack.net
Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:01

All times are UTC+02:00

cz 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2011, 23:00 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
So this isn't massively problematic, since I will probably be selling this laptop in a couple of weeks. I have received this monitor now and I set it up with the hdmi out on my laptop. The laptop has a ati mobility HD4830 which should be able to output in 1920x1080. Whenever I try this though, the display shrinks and gets black bars around it. If I change it to 1440x900 it fills the whole display and is relatively clear, but still, I would prefer the 1080 resolution.

Not quite sure how to solve this :x

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2011, 20:52 
Likes to type... (250)
The above link worked for me.

:4 Scouse :4

au 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2011, 22:45 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
I don't have the scaling options for the monitor connected via hdmi, I've already scoured the drivers for scaling settings and there is nothing.

Meh, I should be getting a desktop soon anyway!

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2011, 13:06 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
I don't have the scaling options for the monitor connected via hdmi, I've already scoured the drivers for scaling settings and there is nothing.

Meh, I should be getting a desktop soon anyway!
It is there in the drivers. In your Catalyst Control Centre it is found in:

My Digital Flat Panel / Scaling Options

There you can see the OverScan slider. Fiddle with that until it fills the screen. ATI (being the incompetent idiots they are) default to about 10% scaling, thus shrinking the screen and giving you borders.

be 
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2011, 23:13 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
I actually cannot find this, I might try older drivers because the settings seem to have changed. On these drivers you are supposed to be able to right click the little down arrows in the picture below and get a configure option which has overscan settings on it, I never get the option to configure when I click it. I can change the scaling on my laptop if I set it on a non native resolution, but that does nothing to help the external problem.

Probably because the ati mobility drivers are gimped, or maybe it's something to do with the hdmi connection.

au 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011, 00:06 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Turns out I had to change an obscure registry setting:
Quote:
Open regedit and go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\

In there, there'll be some keys looking like this:

{ECA904C2-25E6-4680-9B2C-44EBC0EC9190} (with different numbers and letters ;o)

Highlight the "Video" key at the top of the tree, and do a search for "1920x1080" (or whatever resolution you want to change).

You'll find some keys in subfolders named 0000, 0001, etc.

The keys will begin with DALR6 DFPXXXXxYYYYx0xFF

XXXX= Horizontal resolution
YYYY= Vertical resolution
FF= Display frequency

Before you continue, take a backup of the original keys by right-clicking the {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}-type key, and select "Export"

Click on the key matching the screen resolution and frequency you want to remove the borders of.

A lot of the key will consist of "00", but there'll be a few non-00 entries. Change all of these to 00.

Finally, I had two subfolders, 0000 and 0001, containing mirrors of the same keys. When I changed a key in one subfolder, it also changed in the other.

This fixed the problem for me, no need to install CCC.

Effects will take place next time you change the screen resolution to a resolution you changed.

Note that doing this is at your own risk!

Actually, just changing the first non-00 entry in a key will remove the issue, but when mirroring my desktop @ 1920x1080x60, it'd reinstate the borders. Changing all the non-00 values to 00 fixed this. I have no idea what the entries do exactly, all I know is that it worked.

/Fangrim

se 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011, 00:15 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (15)
Make sure you have the latest drivers (11.5). This was an issue in version 10.8 I think.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011, 01:30 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
See? This is why everyone hates ATI... :lol:

us 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011, 01:41 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
This is why I hate laptops! Can't wait to get a desktop again.

nVidia drivers are a whole lot better, the ATI control centre has gone downhill, if that's possible :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011, 08:50 
Likes to type... (250)
When I have saved up enough cash I am so going to rip out my ATI's and replace with duel Nvidia's!!!!

:4 Scouse :4

de 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2011, 16:51 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
ATI <3

dk 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2011, 19:21 
Likes to type... (290)
ATI...oh my :15

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey NVIDIA <3

de 
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011, 13:18