Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:30

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2011, 09:56 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Please review the list of plugins available below and learn the commands you will need to get on in this new world!

Ancient Gates
- Used for creating gates between builds and cities. Admin control only.

iConomy
- Create an account: /money create <yourname> #Match <yourname> EXACTLY (case sensitive) to your login name or you wont get bounties.
- View account: /money

Bounties for mobs
- Access the plugin: /mb
- Each kill will give you an on-screen message telling you how much you earned
- Earn more money for kills at night than at dusk
- All mobs (not animals) have a kill value attached to them. Get paid for killing mobs!
- Killing wolves is strongly discouraged and you will be HEAVILY penalised for doing so.
- Giants do not have a bounty but they do drop interesting things... however...

Giants
- Giants now roam the land at night. No longer are they passive though. If you get near them, they will begin to attack you with fireballs. Taking these monsters down will be tough. Team up and split the bounty!

Help system
-A more detailed help is now installed: /help or /help <plugin name>

MyHome
- Fully featured Home system: /help myhome
- Set your home: /home set
- Remove your home: /home delete
- Invite guests to your home: /home invite <name>
- Visit your friends home: /home <name>
- Invite everyone!: /home public
- Your compass points to your home
- You respawn there too
- There is a cooldown between uses! (Currently 10 mins)

CommandBook
- Player Commands:
- whereami
- compass
- Loads of admin commands...

LWC
- Lock chests and doors in your home
- Full instructions Here

mcMMO
- Minecraft now has trainable skills like an MMO! This plugin has a detailed wiki so I shan't duplicate it. Please go Here For details.

SignShop
- This has replaced Chest shops. Iron City now has a fully functional market in which you can buy and sell items without them ever running out or the chests filling up. Leonark will also be holding market days outside his castle where you will be able to set up your own shops.
- The shops are super easy to use. Left clickj the sign to get a confirmation dialogue box about what you are biuying/selling. Rightclick completes teh transaction instantly without the dialogue. That's it!

Banana Chunk
- Just TP'd or used a portal and you get that "hole to the centre of the world" chunk issue? No problem, just type "/chunkme" and the server resend you the chunk you are in

bZone
- Full zoning protection available
- Guard against spawning, fire, explosions, griefing
- Monthly subscriptions (to be worked out when SpA points conversion is finalised)

Big Brother
- Full griefing rollback protection
- Ask an admin to undo the damage of a given player over a specified time

Pailstone
- Pailstone automations (draw-bridges, gates etc) available for purchase from admins (to be finalised)

HeroBounty
- Set bounties on your friends and enemies. Minimum bounty is high (500G) and bounties are not an excuse for griefing!
- View bounties: /bounty list

Turnstile
- As planned, using gates now costs money. Click the button next to a gate to open it up. You will nto be charged until you pass through the gate (It snaps shut behind you stopping anyone else dashing in on your dime)

Bandages
- Another use for paper bar maps and books!
- Bandages can be crafted from paper and then applied to yourself or to another player, allowing you to assist your friends in a fight.
- Must stand still to use!

Admin specific Additions
- Vanish: Lets you become invisible so you can follow suspected griefers unseen
- Abuse of vanish to play "ghost" in other players buildings will not be tolerated.
- WorldEdit suite
- NoCheat - players can no longer get away with speed/fly/tp hacking.

Kits:
Type "/kit" to see available kits. This will grow with time. All kits have (large) cooldowns on them!

The Nether has been removed. Sorry folks. Trading and kits will replace the blocks you can get from there.

Server is still available at the following address:
smp.specialattack.net:25555

KNOWN BUGS:
Right now, none! The final system for player protection (buildings) is yet to be finalised and the cost of everything (including items in shops) may change, but right now, everything works well.

Coming Soon:

- Residence
- Google Map plugin
- Torchlight (If it gets fixed)

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2011, 14:33 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I think you got the address wrong :P I would have thought the nether would be causing the lag, have you tried running all this without it?

But yeah sounds great :16

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2011, 15:52 
Likes to type... (250)
I need to get out of the office and get on Minecraft!!!!

Sounds great bro, cant wait to try it out.

:4 Scouse :4

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2011, 16:17 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
I think you got the address wrong :P I would have thought the nether would be causing the lag, have you tried running all this without it?

But yeah sounds great :16
Fixed the address - thanks.

As to the lag: I dunno. I think its partly Multiworld that's doing it (I have it loaded right now so I can get to the old world too (a copy, don't panic people)) but there is definitely something else. The lag keeps spiking really badly for up to 10 seconds at a time. I have a suspicion that the plugin that maps the world (for when it is available in browser) may be causing it but I doubt it as that would be CPU lag. Gonna have to just run it and monitor what's shaking.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 01:01 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Explosions - discovered that the explosion bug is caused by the zoning tool (which is not working properly anyway). Gonna change this to a different one tomorrow.

Lag - I am pretty certain that this is either caused by Big Brother or the Banana Render map thing. Again, will test tomorrow

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 01:29 
Doesn't get out much (376)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Explosions - discovered that the explosion bug is caused by the zoning tool (which is not working properly anyway). Gonna change this to a different one tomorrow.

Lag - I am pretty certain that this is either caused by Big Brother or the Banana Render map thing. Again, will test tomorrow
In terms of banana render, whilst it is admittedly a very nice addition I would consider it's priority low, odn't know about everyone else. A map's a wonderful thing and I'd prefer not to move into the new server until we get one to see the lay of the land and make a decision so momentuous. But having one continuously updating is more than we poor inhabitants deserve. Somewhere between continuous and as infrequently as the last map was updated would be ideal.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2011, 13:25 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Frimple wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

In terms of banana render, whilst it is admittedly a very nice addition I would consider it's priority low, odn't know about everyone else. A map's a wonderful thing and I'd prefer not to move into the new server until we get one to see the lay of the land and make a decision so momentuous. But having one continuously updating is more than we poor inhabitants deserve. Somewhere between continuous and as infrequently as the last map was updated would be ideal.
Of course - Stability and functionality over bells and whistles. For now I've removed the map maker. Seems to be better

Ok - I've submitted my new build for the Spawn City. Go look. I've blanked the map but its backed up so nothing has been lost (that's for Rose - don't panic, hun).

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2011, 18:37 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Now its run on the server, as opposed to my machine, it is still running like a dog - or it is at least for me. I've noticed that player .dat files are getting corrupted to (I suddenly had a brush bound to my sword and was blowing spheres of air 5 cubes in radius into the landscape when I tried to dig).

Further issues with the zoning tool too. bZone is not an option as it is causing errors so I have gone back to EpicZones. EZ is technically better, but is no longer supported and as a result appears to not be working correctly either (almost there, but not quite).

Gonna keep playing with the plugins to try and discover what is causing the juddering and lag.

us 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2011, 20:21 
Doesn't get out much (327)
I got surprised by a creeper. I've gone about 2 days out from spawn, no chunk errors. Rain brought my fps to 25.

I really do love a new nakid map.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 00:37 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
OneYankeeRebel wrote:
I got surprised by a creeper. I've gone about 2 days out from spawn, no chunk errors. Rain brought my fps to 25.

I really do love a new nakid map.

Good to hear it might just be me experiencing these glitches then. My Minecraft may be due a new install (after all the testing and modding I have done these last few weeks, I would not be surprised).

As to creepers: Today, as I got explosions to work, Dave and I finally got to witness the power of an electrified creeper.

Jesus-H-Christ :shock:

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 10:45 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Sunnovabitch!

After all this time, after all these experiments, after all these chats with other bZone users, after mailing the plugin's author continually for a week, I finally worked out what is wrong with it.

A space. A bloody SPACE!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

us 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 11:15 
Yes, I can believe it. The missing space, the missing comma, the missing letter. Sometimes looking so closely at it seems to makes it harder to find for some odd reason.
Attachment:
banghead.jpg
banghead.jpg [ 10.43 KiB | Viewed 3196 times ]

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 14:10 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Well this means that the vast majority of the plugins are now working. The database for Big Brother will be up later today and from that point on there is nothing really stopping us from going live.

Time to get serious about choosing a Spawn Town, ladies and gents :D

EDIT - Also it looks like it may be Big Brother causing this. It was using a local, default DB while we were setting up the SQL back-end. Bloody thing. can everyone give feedback on lag issues going forward please?

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 14:53 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
And another thing..(organise your damned brain, Howard):

iConomy has been reset. You will need to create your accounts again. This should be the last time (I hope).

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2011, 15:02 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
OP updated! Please review carefully and continue to provide any and all feedback.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 21:21 
Likes to type... (250)
Howard,

This new mcMMO is fantastic!!! I love it. Also is there any plans to install the plugin that lets you create lifts?

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 21:47 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Scouse wrote:
Howard,

This new mcMMO is fantastic!!! I love it. Also is there any plans to install the plugin that lets you create lifts?

Pistons are out in the next patch due in < 2 weeks. Need to see what that brings.

us 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 22:14 
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Pistons are out in the next patch due in < 2 weeks. Need to see what that brings.
*Cringe* *twitch* *shudder* OMG Everything will break!!!! *twitch*

So far everything looks like it's working great. I saw 12 players on today and the lag seemed low,lower than any previous map I've been on so that's awesome. The current soon to be X map has quite a chunk error I've not experienced on the new map.

Groovy man! Groovy!

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 22:25 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
OneYankeeRebel wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:
*Cringe* *twitch* *shudder* OMG Everything will break!!!! *twitch*

So far everything looks like it's working great. I saw 12 players on today and the lag seemed low,lower than any previous map I've been on so that's awesome. The current soon to be X map has quite a chunk error I've not experienced on the new map.

Groovy man! Groovy!
Tell me about it :roll:
I was hoping that the Adventure update would be an age away but as Notch has decided to split out the Pistons into its own update and push everything else back we are gonna get screwed again. Bukkit has been going through updates like popcorn (mostly in a desperate attempt to fix the infinite spawn bug) and nothing has broken too badly so far, but a whole new update from Notch will likely fuck up everything.

I plan to be heavily sedated for about 2 months...

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 23:32 
Doesn't get out much (376)
Can we just, pretend the update didn't happen, like last time. Sure a lot people will be like 'I already updated' but I wash my hands of these people, pre-emptively.

us 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2011, 01:37 
Doesn't get out much (382)
I'm with Frimple! I plan on "just saying NO!" to the updates till all the pluggins get updated and ready for yall to install and WORK. What say put out a general notice advising all who might visit the forums (GASP! what an idea!) to NOT update until the server is updated.

Makes more sense to me.

“If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

us 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2011, 01:54 
It's possible to make a MOTD with a message says " Update is in a week, when it comes DO NOT UPDATE YOUR CLIENT or you will not be able to play until the plugins are all updated also, AND go read the forums!! htp://forum.specialattack.net "

There is a likelihood there will be a handy link on the forum of the non updated client if too many fail. I encourage people to read the forum. Most players are able to point, click, listen to the clicks and mob sounds, but they will not read. If only wew could add a MOTD sound of the pending update.... must be a plugin for that somewhere... oh Howard!!! LOL

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2011, 04:21 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
OneYankeeRebel wrote:
It's possible to make a MOTD with a message says " Update is in a week, when it comes DO NOT UPDATE YOUR CLIENT or you will not be able to play until the plugins are all updated also, AND go read the forums!! htp://forum.specialattack.net "

There is a likelihood there will be a handy link on the forum of the non updated client if too many fail. I encourage people to read the forum. Most players are able to point, click, listen to the clicks and mob sounds, but they will not read. If only wew could add a MOTD sound of the pending update.... must be a plugin for that somewhere... oh Howard!!! LOL
This is key. We really need to start pestering all who come to us to get their arses on the forum. A lot of people still don't have the new client (that gives you the option to update) and even more don't realise the havoc that is wrought by notch each time he releases code.
If we can get everyone to check the forums (and Twitter come to that - must look into that) we can get them back and playing straight away when Notch drops another bomb

us 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2011, 05:00 
Doesn't get out much (382)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
This is key. We really need to start pestering all who come to us to get their arses on the forum. A lot of people still don't have the new client (that gives you the option to update) and even more don't realize the havoc that is wrought by notch each time he releases code.
If we can get everyone to check the forums (and Twitter come to that - must look into that) we can get them back and playing straight away when Notch drops another bomb
It is something we have been doing, and all can read, even if younger players can't become SpA members, right? At first I just wanted to play and not read myself, but as I got to know yall it seemed a good thing to do, so again, the more we talk to other players in game, the more likely they will be come to the forums.

“If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2011, 23:17 
Likes to type... (250)
Hey Guys,

I am having a bad day so can someone please tell me where to download the minecraft console from that gives you the option to update or not?

The one I used does not appear to give you this option!!!

us 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2011, 05:21 
There is no option on the client to set for updates, the option comes at the time of the update, it will give you the option at that time to update or not. This is the new client, which will have a web page showing in the window when you logon. If this web page is noty showing you have the old client, you an download the new client at http://www.minecraft.net/download.jsp

This is what new client looks like:
Attachment:
MC_Client.jpg
MC_Client.jpg [ 184.12 KiB | Viewed 3013 times ]

us 
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011, 09:28 
Crap at posting (43)
Oh so there was giants. And here I just thought Sam was crazy.....eh, still not convinced

fi 
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011, 14:38 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Impulseuser wrote:
Oh so there was giants. And here I just thought Sam was crazy.....eh, still not convinced
You are welcome to use GiantWatch tower near spawn to stalk and wait for them to appear :mrgreen: They will spawn...

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.