[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 19: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 20: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 19: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 20: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
What music are you into now - SpecialAttack.net
Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:07

All times are UTC+02:00

cz 
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2011, 22:56 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
So, aside from the music thread, I thought it would be interesting to see the transition people made in the music they listen to.

A couple of years ago (well, 5 years maybe :P) I was only listening to metal, and now the range of music I like is massive, and I love it that way. Do you guys search for new music all the time or are you content with listening to your current collection? So the main question is, what music are you currently into, music that you wouldn't have even thought about in the past? Also what genre really got you into music and would you still class that as your favourite?

My first 'obsessions' would be Metallica and similar, I don't really listen to metal much anymore. Most of the music I listen to casually is very chilled out, I'm not sure if that correlates with how much work I have to do now and I've just transitioned to chilled out music to de-stress.

Some of the stuff I have recently discovered:

Cunninlynguists (Album: Oneirology)

0 dislikes so far, should have more views, excellent song! Plus the album art is wonderful.

I really think these guys deserve more exposure, they create some really interesting music.

Childish Gambino (Incidentally a writer for 30 rock, and an actor in Community. Multi-talented or what?)

So yeah, I never thought I would listen to hip hop/rap, but some of the stuff that comes out I really appreciate and I have been listening to these two non-stop for the past week.

Your turn!

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 18:19 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Not to certain what I'm intended to do here :-P but here's a summary of my taste in music going all the way back to when I was getting new hair in unusual places.

Beware, life story, I guess I did this mainly just to recap for my own enjoyment, 10 years of great music, and more to come I hope.

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 22:05 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
I grew up listening to Early Rock and Roll, 70's pop and Rock (dad and mom) Blues and Blues based metal (Gran) Jazz (Grandad) and Classical (Cello).

My Cousins listened to metal, so I started listening to thrash early when I was 6, 7.

I found the alt scene via Punk and Hardcore so by 90 was listening to Black Flag, Rollins, Fugazi, Minor Threat, Husker Du, The Pixies, The Melvins and the Seattle Scene.

I had a bit of a mind switch then started listening to 1st and 2nd wave emo Rites Of Spring, Embrace, Dag Nasty, Moss Icon. This came along with a growing interest in Kate Bush, Tori Amos, The post punk/krautrock/anti-disco bands Wire, Can, Talking Heads and the UK greebo scene Pop Will Eat Itself, Carter USM.

Via the Greebo stuff I started to develop an interest in electronic music and hip hop, Del La Soul, Beastie Boys, 808 State, LFO.

As well as the mainstream stuff at the time (Nirvana, Tool, Rage) I found mathrock and post rock Don Cab, Slint, Big Black, Rapeman.

1994 was my watershed year Drive Like Jehu, Portishead, Helmet, Rodan, Tori Amos, Nick cave, Low, Pop Will Eat Itself, Aphex Twin, Beck, Kyuss, The Auteurs, Weezer, OutKast, The Prodigy, At the Gates, Bad Religion, K's Choice, The Melvins, Tricky, Sick of It All, Shellac, Blur and Autechre amongst others that I can't remember released stuff (The list including at least 7 of the best albums ever released). I got most via recommendations; since then I've listened to anything that anyone recommends to me.

And no I'll never stop looking for something new.

cz 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2011, 03:24 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Not to certain what I'm intended to do here :-P but here's a summary of my taste in music going all the way back to when I was getting new hair in unusual places.

Beware, life story, I guess I did this mainly just to recap for my own enjoyment, 10 years of great music, and more to come I hope.
Haha, yeah, I kind of posted in whim of random inspiration and an interest into how peoples music taste developed. Interesting post man!

Nirvana was one of the first bands along side Metallica, I haven't listened to them in literally years. Really need to revisit their albums.
[SpA]cardboard wrote:
I grew up listening to Early Rock and Roll, 70's pop and Rock (dad and mom) Blues and Blues based metal (Gran) Jazz (Grandad) and Classical (Cello).

My Cousins listened to metal, so I started listening to thrash early when I was 6, 7.

I found the alt scene via Punk and Hardcore so by 90 was listening to Black Flag, Rollins, Fugazi, Minor Threat, Husker Du, The Pixies, The Melvins and the Seattle Scene.

I had a bit of a mind switch then started listening to 1st and 2nd wave emo Rites Of Spring, Embrace, Dag Nasty, Moss Icon. This came along with a growing interest in Kate Bush, Tori Amos, The post punk/krautrock/anti-disco bands Wire, Can, Talking Heads and the UK greebo scene Pop Will Eat Itself, Carter USM.

Via the Greebo stuff I started to develop an interest in electronic music and hip hop, Del La Soul, Beastie Boys, 808 State, LFO.

As well as the mainstream stuff at the time (Nirvana, Tool, Rage) I found mathrock and post rock Don Cab, Slint, Big Black, Rapeman.

1994 was my watershed year Drive Like Jehu, Portishead, Helmet, Rodan, Tori Amos, Nick cave, Low, Pop Will Eat Itself, Aphex Twin, Beck, Kyuss, The Auteurs, Weezer, OutKast, The Prodigy, At the Gates, Bad Religion, K's Choice, The Melvins, Tricky, Sick of It All, Shellac, Blur and Autechre amongst others that I can't remember released stuff (The list including at least 7 of the best albums ever released). I got most via recommendations; since then I've listened to anything that anyone recommends to me.

And no I'll never stop looking for something new.
Is that rage against the machine or the other rage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_%28band%29), I can never tell which one people are talking about; I listened to Rage for quite a long time, they had some strange stuff going on there. I also went through a stage of tool nearing the end of my fully metal/rock music collection, the only song i really remember is schism, that had one weird video!

I can't exactly remember what made me transition from my initial interests in music, I guess it was just me exploring for more music and finding my music collection stale. I seem to have the problem of listening to a couple of albums for 2 weeks straight then my enthusiasm wanes, so that's pretty much what drives me to find new things all the time.

de 
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2011, 20:08 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
I like... "bad" male vocals in my songs. :(
The raw male power unleashed, without too much editing of songs to make everything sound perfect. :ugly:

I think it started with Linkin Park ( boo at their new albums! ) when I got interested in music, my friend being a big fan of them and playing their songs in the school youth hostel/schullandheim.

LP were joined soon by whatever I picked up from the mainstream and friends, from melodic death metal to alternative rock and hip hop ( says wikipedia ). Just pure hip hop and rap was something I never got warm with. And growling+ on the other side of the scala.

After soaking up the international mainstream there was a focus back on my roots, the awesome world of german rock in all its variations. :57 This was mostly due to a friend sending me songs.
The latest taste adapted is Video Game Music and related bands.
Inbetween I extended my music range to more gernes (the more exotic stuff for me comes here ):
Im pretty much listening to metal all the time, but the subgerne changes over and over again, with some exploration of the most other gernes.
My music collection is rather small I imagine, as I dont want to download it over P2P, am too lazy to look for it on the internet and I poor student pretty much grew up with free music. :| I also have a hard time finding new stuff that I really like and usually just fav single songs on Youtube to listen to them again.

se 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2011, 17:29 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
I don't really have a favorite genre, there are songs from either one I like and some I don't like, though I tend to prefer metal and rock.

Lately I have mostly been listening to Daisuke Ishiwatari's BlazBlue and Guilty Gear Music, which goes into that direction.
Some of my favorite songs in that regard:

fi 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2011, 19:47 
Pretty useless (84)

\m/

nl 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 02:54 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
Is that rage against the machine or the other rage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_%28band%29), I can never tell which one people are talking about; I listened to Rage for quite a long time, they had some strange stuff going on there. I also went through a stage of tool nearing the end of my fully metal/rock music collection, the only song i really remember is schism, that had one weird video!

I can't exactly remember what made me transition from my initial interests in music, I guess it was just me exploring for more music and finding my music collection stale. I seem to have the problem of listening to a couple of albums for 2 weeks straight then my enthusiasm wanes, so that's pretty much what drives me to find new things all the time.
Its Rage Against the Machine, I never really got into Rage. Tastes and the collection should always be moving, its when they stop you should start to panic.
Ardizt wrote:

\m/
Brought that album when it came out in 1990, I may be the only person in the world that things the rest of the album is better that Hanger 18.

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2011, 22:14 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
right now, listening to wu-tang over and over. which is a totally acceptable substitute to finding new music :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 16:06 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Hip-Hop

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2011, 21:00 
Community slut (13473)
Besides the always present types of music that I listen to (industrial hardcore, darkcore, frenchcore, tekno etc.) I'm currently listening a lot to progressive.

In particular to this steam; http://progressive-high.rautemusik.fm

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2011, 20:36 
Geek (993)
Agree with a lot of the bands Cardboard mentioned.

Speaking of Nirvana its near the 20th anniversary of Nevermind and theres a free albulm with covers from other bands, some of which are pretty good.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2011, 21:11 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Some of those covers are actually quite good. Pretty cool bands that Nirvana have covered themselves have done some songs.

nl 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2011, 14:00 
Community slut (13473)
After last weekend I can add goa trance to one of the styles I currently like! :4

http://soundcloud.com/groups/goa-trance

be 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2011, 14:07 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Hell yeah, I love me some Goa at parties!

A friend of mine is a producer and organises some Goa parties locally. Those always look pretty crazy with nice decoration and all.
Basically, it's tripping without drugs (although most people there ARE actually under the influence of something or other) :p

nl 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2011, 14:16 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]MrOrange wrote:
Hell yeah, I love me some Goa at parties!

A friend of mine is a producer and organises some Goa parties locally. Those always look pretty crazy with nice decoration and all.
Basically, it's tripping without drugs (although most people there ARE actually under the influence of something or other) :p
13 August, you can crash at my place, coming? :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2011, 16:57 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
I like it :4

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2011, 01:55 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
Junco have you checked out a Danish band called Iceage at all? I think you may enjoy them!

If not...
Make sure you play it loud!

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2011, 16:51 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
They sound pretty neat Mclusky, I'll give them a propper play when I'm home :4