Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:17

All times are UTC+02:00

fi 
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011, 14:57 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
"Who could come check who griefed me?" I asked, many times. Nobody came. There were admins on, a few. In the old days everybody came as soon as somebody said "OMFGWTH GRIEFER!".

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011, 15:14 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
What you need to do is stop building so prolifically and maybe consider using Residence. Due respect, but you are reporting grief dozens of time a day and you have not claimed any land and you do little to protect your builds.

At the end of the day, the server's admin cannot turn up every single time someone pokes a 1 block hole in your totally unprotected wall.

That being said, I am noticing a huge level of apathy in our admin staff and I will be dealing with that accordingly. Anyone who does not help out others or respond to requests for help does not get to have admin powers and I will be demoting people with great speed from here on in.

fi 
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011, 15:26 
Has no REAL life! (1690)

I have a few residences to keep my jail(ish) areas and traps from being griefed by others (mainly builder+ people). I still has no moneyz, I spent quite a lot on the railway which I had to take down.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011, 16:33 
Doesn't get out much (376)
some days the chat is all red, we clearly have a super abundance of supops and... supop+'s I neglect to recall what rank that is.

Must have been a confluence of unfortunate circumstances, such as some of them forgetting that they've got the power to TP in return for something.

us 
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011, 17:54 
Doesn't get out much (382)
the only time I saw you complain of griefing I was under the possibly mistaken idea it was being taken care of.

If you see me online when something happens hollar at me, but admittedly when I am busy, mining or running from a mob I do not see all the chat, well for one thing I do not simply sit and read the chat, I also play the game.

Otherwise if no one else is helping I like to come find out who griefed because I HATE griefers.

So anyway Samiak, if I miss it at first, when you see me in chat, give me a hollar, ok?

But yall gotta remember, we are playing the game too and dont see every word that pops up in chat.

“If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

fi 
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011, 20:20 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
RoseAmazon wrote:
the only time I saw you complain of griefing I was under the possibly mistaken idea it was being taken care of.

If you see me online when something happens hollar at me, but admittedly when I am busy, mining or running from a mob I do not see all the chat, well for one thing I do not simply sit and read the chat, I also play the game.

Otherwise if no one else is helping I like to come find out who griefed because I HATE griefers.

So anyway Samiak, if I miss it at first, when you see me in chat, give me a hollar, ok?

But yall gotta remember, we are playing the game too and dont see every word that pops up in chat.
I were pretty much the only one chatting there (again), and when I said something about no admins being on and fixing it to "they're online but not present" Greenie agreed on it D: After that I asked for help once or twice and then fucked off.
But yeah, I know you like to be on the front line when dealing with this kind of things.

us 
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011, 22:15 
Doesn't get out much (327)
I hate griefers and grief, but I agree with Howard on this one. We have the tools in place to prevent the greif form occurring. It is an integral part of the game just as everything else. I don't protect everything and I accept that if I don't I may need to make repairs from time to time because of a creeper.

Grifers are not all that common fortunately, it is just when they do arrive they tend to go wholesale destruction, and when it is your build it hits home hard.

There are tricks to limit the costs of residence such as a wall, do set each of the 4 walls and not what is in between. The landscape between wall and house doesn't need to be protected, really, unless you don't like plugging creeper holes.

So that is my stance... accept the damages or buy home owners insurance, just as in real life.

Of course, this doesn't give griefers a free license to grief those who do not have protections. I will do what I can to confine them in a lava pit for life.

fi 
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011, 22:27 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
OneYankeeRebel wrote:
I hate griefers and grief, but I agree with Howard on this one. We have the tools in place to prevent the greif form occurring. It is an integral part of the game just as everything else. I don't protect everything and I accept that if I don't I may need to make repairs from time to time because of a creeper.

Grifers are not all that common fortunately, it is just when they do arrive they tend to go wholesale destruction, and when it is your build it hits home hard.

There are tricks to limit the costs of residence such as a wall, do set each of the 4 walls and not what is in between. The landscape between wall and house doesn't need to be protected, really, unless you don't like plugging creeper holes.

So that is my stance... accept the damages or buy home owners insurance, just as in real life.

Of course, this doesn't give griefers a free license to grief those who do not have protections. I will do what I can to confine them in a lava pit for life.
As I stated in-game, if every build is zoned, how can we find and punish griefers? Creepers I accept and actually I like to see them blowing me up my builds every now and then :ugly: They all pick on me because I'm so close to the spawn and the glass thing leads them straight to me... It's just pain to delete it, because A) I spent so much cash in the thing and B) it takes a day to break one glass block D:

I do have a home insurance, but "real life griefers" have to patch up the damage or pay for them whilst we just ban the griefers in-game D: Thats kinda the same as killing the "real life griefer" after block tracking them. Hmm...

EDIT: And I see that this conversation is slipping from "inattentive admins" to "bad Sam, zone or be griefed".

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011, 22:45 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Samiak_ wrote:
OneYankeeRebel wrote:

As I stated in-game, if every build is zoned, how can we find and punish griefers? Creepers I accept and actually I like to see them blowing me up my builds every now and then :ugly: They all pick on me because I'm so close to the spawn and the glass thing leads them straight to me... It's just pain to delete it, because A) I spent so much cash in the thing and B) it takes a day to break one glass block D:

I do have a home insurance, but "real life griefers" have to patch up the damage or pay for them whilst we just ban the griefers in-game D: Thats kinda the same as killing the "real life griefer" after block tracking them. Hmm...

EDIT: And I see that this conversation is slipping from "inattentive admins" to "bad Sam, zone or be griefed".

I'll happily delete your glass tunnel for you - it would be a pleasure :lol: :4

fi 
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011, 23:45 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Samiak_ wrote:

I'll happily delete your glass tunnel for you - it would be a pleasure :lol: :4
What about my resources? Moneyz? D: Teh internetz! :53

us 
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2011, 02:04 
Doesn't get out much (327)
I do hate that great wall of glass. I would have broke lots of glass had I known you wanted it broke. But if Howard will just make it vanish, that works for me.

You paid for glass? You didn't just bake sand?

Eventually I would have asked for it to be buried, suspended or removed just because of the inconvenience of it blocking the whole east side of the planet.

Bad sam!! Somebody spank him. :P

fi 
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2011, 07:34 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
OneYankeeRebel wrote:
--

You paid for glass? You didn't just bake sand?

--
Bad sam!! Somebody spank him. :P
I needed the railroad done ASAP so I bought all the resources instead of waiting a month to get all the iron. Glass is cheap D: On small quanitites...

As for the spanking, I'd prefer taking it when I'm not jumping on a cliff D: IRL it's OK.

it 
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2011, 13:52 
Pretty useless (63)
Sam a whise lesson.
You have like a billionzzz of moneyz
:D so why not protect tha awsome wall of ur place?

fi 
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2011, 14:59 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Grandpa_Bacon wrote:
Sam a whise lesson.
I've reached the maximum number of zones D:

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2011, 15:19 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Samiak_ wrote:
Grandpa_Bacon wrote:
Sam a whise lesson.
I've reached the maximum number of zones D:
I've increased the max number of areas a Residence can contain to 10. This should help