PostPosted: 08 Aug 2011, 21:36 
Community slut (13473)
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/0 ... riots.html

gb 
 Post subject: Re: UK's pride
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2011, 21:42 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
the UK is full of badass fighters! cam on!!! ^^

actually i was away for most of this :S need to catch up on my news!

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2011, 21:43 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
It happened yesterday didn't it?

ee 
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2011, 22:07 
Likes to type... (233)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/2011/ ... night-live

So it's spreading?

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2011, 22:17 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
yeah, it's spreading

on one hand, the part of my generation coming from places like that have a right to be angry and alot to be angry about. on the other, chances are most of them are doing this just for the hell of it. whatever the case, hopefully their problems won't be something that people (i say 'people' rather than 'the tories' because that's mostly a kneejerk reaction) can ignore anymore.

edit: also, love the pics saint, nice find :5:

be 
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2011, 22:21 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
I get really angry at shit like this.

People protesting and letting the government and its instances know they're upset is absolutely fine, I'd even say it's vital.
But how the hell are they going to make a point here? They're protesting (initially) because of the way people are being treated, but now they're attacking the properties of innocents?

This isn't about demanding justice any more. This just turned into a huge outbreak of vandalism, looting and terror. Frankly, the mere notion of how people could do this disgusts me.

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2011, 22:28 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
yeah, that's the thing - i get the impression that the current rioting is almost totally disconnected from the original protest, which is why i say that most of them are doing it just because they can. whether they have decent political intentions or not, this will inevitably end up as a talking point. will any good come of it? anything that will make amends for the people who are now homeless and for the shopkeepers who've had their livelihoods burned down? we can only hope for the best from a shitty situation.

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2011, 22:43 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Idiots! Pretty much all I can say.

nl 
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2011, 23:28 
Community slut (13473)
Lowlifes who don't have the willpower to make something of their lives. Always blaming others, stealing and breaking other peoples properties who do put the energy in it to build something up for themselves. Look at that 89 year old man and his hairdressing salon. :| :(

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2011, 23:40 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
yeah that shot is pretty dark, the one of that mum and her kids is pretty cold too :<

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 00:43 
Geek (733)
There is no meaning behind this riot.

People have seen this as way to Piggyback themselves to some self-justice.

A man was shot in tottenham, why the hell that means that innocent and hard working people needs to lose their livelihoods and why people who are struggling with there jobs needs a new phone or games console.

Some people have said "They are claiming their tax back" ... no your going to cause a rise in tax to pay for the damage...

Others say it is because they have rubbish jobs or no jobs at all ... every building or shopping you burn down , you destroy hundreds of jobs..

The only good that will come of this is that people will learn that police should be threatening for a reason , police brutality isn't what i would ask for , but it would certainly make them think twice before they do it.

If a hard done by terrorist had set fire to a building, he would've of been beaten to the ground ...I don't care if its youths , If I was doing that id expect to get beaten t the fucking ground

damn this makes me angry at my country , and embarrassed. Why do half of these people feel they are above the jobs that are available , I walk through streets atm and see job vacancies everywhere ...

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 00:56 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Ugh. Fucking cunts.

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 01:02 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
There was a time when British riots/strikes/protests actually had a point,

I was at the recent protests/riots (not to protest, was just in london that night) in the capital a few months ago, and it was mainly just Hooligans looking too cause damage etc, all the real protesters had left as they made there point with signs etc, just retarded hippy students wearing hoodies now :< twats

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 03:51 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I'm kinder stuck in Stoke because the riots in Birmingham are still going fairly strong, the shops are getting smashed to bits, they only seem to care about the pavilon shopping centre/new street station, and the Mailbox. The news is fairly useless, mainly focusing on London, haven't mentioned that it's happened in Wolvehampton too, the only other stop my train could have taken me to where someone could have picked me up. Just hoping the trains are going tomorrow.

It has barely anything to do with the original protest, that was just the trigger, everyone's just jumped in on the oppertunity to do something other than drag their cretin fists on the corners of streets hassling people. Really it's just looting in Brum, they're saying stuff like "it's xmas" for them, it's nothing as serious as what's going on in London. Police just don't have the powers to stop them really :|

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 12:30 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
I would also like to see statistics on what these rioters stance is on the immigration policies, I would take a guess that many of them say "dey turk err jurbz". If we didn't have immigrants in this country, it would be in disrepair due to retards like this.

se 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 15:25 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
I would also like to see statistics on what these rioters stance is on the immigration policies, I would take a guess that many of them say "dey turk err jurbz". If we didn't have immigrants in this country, it would be in disrepair due to retards like this.
Protip: Throwing statements like that around thinking it is even remotely relevant to why not everyone loves multi-culti and the immigration politics of north European countries makes you stoop to their level or stoopidity.

Then again I'm far right and a racist at that

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 15:42 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
To be honest it's only happening in immigration hotspots, though there's plenty of white trash involved in the rioting, probably more white people than ethnics in some cases. Hansworth near me, which is a black/asian area only has been hit really hard. I'd guess that the non-white youth and have a bad influence on white youth, and then vice versa, and the places that government poorly integrate immigrants are poor areas where the youth regardless of colour make the streets a guaranteed risk to walk. Infact it's the white/mixed race gangs I have problems with the most, sometimes the asians, the black gangs seem to have better things to do than petty crime. So yeah race isn't really relevant here it's about overall demographics.

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 16:23 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox ... e-14460959

happening here now... i should have stayed in france another week :<

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 16:29 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Nothing happening here. I think the chavs are too intelligent to start a riot.

dk 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 17:22 
So long and thanks for all the fish! (1771)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
actually i was away for most of this :S need to catch up on my looting!
Fixed it for you!

JuncoPartner: I could barely hold it up for long.

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 17:33 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
hehe, i got me a 42" plasma... 8)

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 17:34 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Oh god it's kicked off everywhere in my area, gonna be hard getting back

sk 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 17:35 
Doesn't get out much (338)

Put on your Batman suit and go fight some crime! 8)

But really, everyone in the area stay safe! Those rioting dumbasses need to be taken care of by the police, in my opinion. :evil:

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 17:43 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
yeah they are massive douche holes!

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 18:00 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
m3n wrote:
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
Protip: Throwing statements like that around thinking it is even remotely relevant to why not everyone loves multi-culti and the immigration politics of north European countries makes you stoop to their level or stoopidity.

Then again I'm far right and a racist at that
I'm 90% sure the people complaining about unemployment wouldn't be working either way, however relevant that is to these riots.

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 18:01 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Top sellers on Amazon.co.uk in the last 24 hours...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/movers-and-s ... =zg_bs_tab

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 18:02 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
I can't comprehend what is happening at all and I can't believe it has been allowed to escalate to this level.

Checking Twitter for stuff happening in Manchester following reports from the BBC last night brought up tons of rumours/scaremongering even after the GM Police reported all is quiet.

The internet will be the death off us all!

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 18:09 
Has no REAL life! (1690)

My sister and her boyfriend are police officers and work in Oxfordshire. Thanks for linking that.

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 18:11 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
well so far oxford has had only a few minor incidents, but there is a plan for chavs to meet at temple cowel at 9pm if you want to relay that info to them :D

nl 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 18:14 
Community slut (13473)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2011 ... ots-london