Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:36

All times are UTC+02:00

de 
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2011, 11:22 
Geek (856)
Hello everyone,

recently I made some experiments with mushroom farms. I am very sure now that mushroom don't grow in a zoned area (aka your /res). I built four farms. All three in my zone were unable to produce mushrooms. The ingame conditions for growing them was met, I read it on the wiki and simulated three variables in the three zoned farms. The fourth farm, just a few blocks outside my residence, can produce mushrooms.

As I dont see a flag which should affect mushroom growth I guess this is a bug, right?

Greetings,
Vögelchen

de 
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2011, 16:53 
Illiterate (14)
I got my farm to produce shrooms yesterday by changing almost all the flags from false to true. So there is a flag for that. I just need to narrow it down today.

de 
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2011, 17:49 
Geek (856)
I would be glad if you can iron it out. :)

be 
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2011, 19:15 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
I noticed this too. I can't get mushrooms to grow in my Hobbit hole in Admin Valley.

be 
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2011, 19:57 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
Your best bet would be the flow flag as far as I know, because it stops the physics from applying.

de 
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2011, 01:01 
Geek (856)
I just tested flow, and its not the cause of bad sex within my mushrooms. Will test further.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2011, 08:59 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
It will be build I'd wager. Mushrooms are still items in the game and technically placed when they grow so you would need to turn on either build or place for them to spread correctly. Sub zones people, sub zones!

de 
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2011, 10:29 
Geek (856)
Thanks for the input Howard. Of course I am testing within a subzone. Its called Kuschelecke.Pilztest
So far I have removed all flags besides pvp, piston and tnt and they still not spread.

us 
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2011, 10:41 
Doesn't get out much (327)
not that it is documented, pistons is not in the residence config file I saw yet you need piston true in your res to use them. set mushroom true?

de 
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2011, 15:20 
Geek (856)
Now Kuschelecke.Pilztest has all flags removed (bar piston cause I am not allowed to) and they still dont grow. There are no flags called mushroom or grow. Any other ideas?

de 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2011, 08:51 
Geek (856)
I nailed it down to either animals or firespread set to true. If set so they grow.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2011, 09:20 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]Voegelchen wrote:
I nailed it down to either animals or firespread set to true. If set so they grow.
It will be fire-spread. The code he uses to calculate fire-spread is the same code he uses to determines tree growth just slowed down greatly. IT would therefore not surprise me to learn he used the same code slowed even more for mushrooms

de 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2011, 13:44 
Geek (856)
Indeed, it is firespread. If set to true the shrooms will grow.

us 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2011, 14:29 
Doesn't get out much (327)
[SpA]Voegelchen wrote:
Indeed, it is firespread. If set to true the shrooms will grow.
OMFG the "code of notch" will never cease to make me shake my head in disbelief. It is little wonder all the work arounds (plugins) to try and make mc work, all fail, when the originating code itself is one massive work around.