Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:46

All times are UTC+02:00

pt 
 Post subject: Rules and requirements
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2011, 14:31 
Geek (697)
1st off, what's the requirement to becoming a member?

I ask this because I've guests take have been in the server for almost a month before becoming a member and then some random member tells me he became a member in his 1st day in the server(?).

As for the rules part, could we have some short of rule for mass suiciding? Or maybe an ever increasing down time when someone dies more than a X amount of times in a Y period?

Today after I came back from lunch I saw a spam wall of text of 3 or 4 players repeatedly suiciding to "practice acrobatics" as they claimed but at 1st before I asked them to stop they were jumping to lava..then I was trying to talk to a guest to help him and I could barely talk to him because of the mass suiciding. Then I asked them to go to Sanctuary to practice it and the memebr I mentioned above didn't even know we had portals.. I was also surprised to see that a supop was present the whole time and he/she did nothing to solve the situation.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2011, 15:20 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Regarding rules for getting promoted. Some people take ages to get made member (and some flatly will NEVER make member) because, to be completely frank, some people are fucking dicks. We promote some people very quickly as they clearly have their shit together and know what they are doing (and occasionally 'cos we know them form elsewhere)

As to the mass suicides: Spam is spam whatever form it takes. If people wanna spam the console with deaths, they get kicked. THey wont stop, they get banned. Period.

pt 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2011, 17:02 
Geek (697)
Glad to know, next time I'll be sure to ask a op+ to properly take care of it.

Btw, the guy that got member in 1~2days didn't know anything, was 1 of the spammers and when I asked them to stop dying to lava he was the one that started the 2nd suicide spam by falling dmg. Doesn't sound like a very good promo to me o.O

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2011, 17:58 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
JMPanty wrote:
Glad to know, next time I'll be sure to ask a op+ to properly take care of it.

Btw, the guy that got member in 1~2days didn't know anything, was 1 of the spammers and when I asked them to stop dying to lava he was the one that started the 2nd suicide spam by falling dmg. Doesn't sound like a very good promo to me o.O
Who the heck was it? :shock:

pt 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2011, 19:37 
Geek (697)
Muse something, some random numbers like muse5556 or whatever.

us 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2011, 19:38 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
JMPanty wrote:
Muse something, some random numbers like muse5556 or whatever.
his name was muse555222
wasnt there for spam, just remember his name cause he kept asking for dirt.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2011, 19:52 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
I think he is a returned player from a long while back, not someone who was promoted but rather someone who was not demoted. I don't know him at all.

If he does it again he gets some slapping.

pt 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2011, 21:25 
Geek (697)

us 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2011, 05:26 
Doesn't get out much (327)
You certain he wasn't just increasing their acrobatic levels or working on something precarious and fell often? many of us do fall often. I'm not aware suicide being against the law here, neither is being stupid.

You haven't seen the membership thing I post time and time again?

1) Be active 2) No whining 3) Don't build fugly stuff. 4) No begging for ops. member, spawned items 5) Stay out of trouble 6) Read the forum.

I need to add 7) Don't be an idiot 8) Don't be a moron 9) Don't lie to ops 10) Have a clue

While we are on about rules Panty... your name appeared on the list of thieves who are thieving during the forbidden thieving period currently in force.

pt 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2011, 14:31 
Geek (697)
Yes, I did steal on the very same day the rule about "Stealing is forbidden" was made, as soon I saw that I stopped. If you check the times you can confirm that. Feel free to go on my worksite and take whatever I stole on that day, just don't judge people 4~5hours after a rule was made.

On the topic, you probably missed the chat a bit, I did ask them what they were doing and they were just jumping to lava, each one of them was dying with around 3 seconds of interval, then they said "sorry" and started to suicide by fall dmg instead saying it was for acrobatics. Was that more explicit?

us 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2011, 15:09 
Doesn't get out much (382)
ya know, from what I have seen of them doing this:

1) they are just playing the game as it is set up now
2) they have stopped when I asked them to because I needed to speak to someone
3) those guys are on their build, not getting into trouble, not griefing, etc etc... are we gonna punish them for this and drive them off?
4) if kills and such are spamming the chat perhaps we need to turn it off?

“If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

pt 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2011, 15:51 
Geek (697)
Another one misses the point..I'm not asking for punishment. And I did ask them to stop (and here I explain again), instead of stoping they simply started to do it in a different way. For crying out loud I thought I was typing in english..

us 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2011, 17:05 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
JMPanty wrote:
Another one misses the point..I'm not asking for punishment. And I did ask them to stop (and here I explain again), instead of stoping they simply started to do it in a different way. For crying out loud I thought I was typing in english..
LOL

And im pretty sure he isnt getting punishment...
[SpA]Howard wrote:
I think he is a returned player from a long while back, not someone who was promoted but rather someone who was not demoted. I don't know him at all.

If he does it again he gets some slapping.
Put what do i know, i only read the whole topic :P

pt 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2011, 19:04 
Geek (697)
I pretty much only made this in order to get informed, wether or not he gets punished isn't of my interest. If you ask me, just a warning is fine.