Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:09

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2011, 21:57 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
this mod is called the honey pot mod this mod makes any ops or higher be able to change some blocks into blocks that when a griefer destroys such as a iron block or a chest or whatever the ops are told who did it and can catch them in the act i thought this mod would be pretty good so that griefers could be caught

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec-ho ... 060.23936/

pt 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2011, 22:01 
Geek (697)
Mmm maybe be good for the main cities, like leo's castle, it's like a beckon for griefers lol

us 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2011, 23:01 
Doesn't get out much (382)
veerrrryyyy interesting!

If it could be set to send them straight to prison... LOL ah but maybe just a kick would suffice :)

“If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2011, 23:07 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
a world of possibilities now :) could be very good and would stop all the no he/she did it or what not, you know who it is straight away and you can punish them in whatever way seems fit

cl 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2011, 00:50 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
We used to have this at Orc's, it works perfectly and catches loads and loads of griefers.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2011, 12:41 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
well lets see what howard thinks and if he likes it maybe it could be put in

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2011, 13:54 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
This is never happening. Move on.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2011, 15:07 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
ok just thought it was a good idea but fine

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2011, 15:19 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Look, sorry for the short answer. I appreciate the input - I really do - but this plugin is the single stupidest thing I ahve ever heard of.

Catching griefers is not an issue; anything anyone does anywhere on the server is recorded in log block and, more importantly, anyone who is building their house out of precious materials should have a residence protecting them. Using entrapment methods does nothing bar prove that just about anybody will take stuff that is not nailed down. All this mod will do is make us ban even more people than we currently are and we are already banning more people than we get guests.
If you can explain to me how tempting someone with easy money then banning them when they fall for your trap is any help then I will reconsider it but there is no argument you will be able to come up with. The whole concept is just idiotic (the mod I mean, not you you for suggesting it).

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2011, 20:28 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
thats alright howard but the mod isnt about tempting people like the person who made the mod says we could use it just as a protection device i diddnt know at the time posting this that you had a log book full of whatever happens so i decided to put this out i thought that if ops put this on places they dont want people to be or to stop griefing a little more it would help i thought it would make things a little easier from people saying it wasnt them but if we have a message saying it was then they cant protest i know its difficult finding new people to be on the server i just thought it would be an easy way to stop the people who do join to steal and no to have fun on the server like they should but i see where your coming from with that you already have all the items you need its just i want to improve the server in any way possible i saw this and i thought it might as you dont want mods that balls around but now i sort of know what you are looking for in a mod then maybe i will carry on looking thanks for the feedback