Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:00

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
 Post subject: 1.8 Adventure Update
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 16:10 
Illiterate (2)
Good day Gentlemen

Yesterday I've recieved the news, that when we're going to update to 1.8 all will be lost. D:
Our MCMMO levels, monies and items will all go to waste, also the map will be resetted.
I don't know why we decided to make such a big reset, but I respect it. (Lol like I got a choice :'D)

But here is the problem for me and a lil' suggestion I have.
I'm the hoarding minecrafter type.
Here's a lil' explaination of what I mean with the hoarding minecrafter type:
All I do is set up a well organised base, where I can get my resources safely, store them and stay there for an eternity.
My goal is to get lots of diamonds, iron and gold ect.
questioning voice: But what if you have 300 diamonds?
answer: Get more diamonds. You never got enough diamonds, no exceptions.

So yeah my chests are pretty stuffed.
And I don't want it to go to waste. >.<
Now I know that it probably isn't possible, to prevent that item loss for some reason.
But then can't we have any lil prize for what we have achieved?
Maybe set up some achievements, include building achievments too?
I'm just throwing out suggestion.
Please let me hear what you think of it.

us 
 Post subject: Re: 1.8 Adventure Update
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 16:20 
Doesn't get out much (327)
I'm thinking maybe a printout of final top 10 for skills to be forever archived on the forum would be cool. Some stats and the money can be way off because of exploits and cheats.

Just a reminder, using ANY mod or texture pack which enhances your ability to play the game and find stuff or have an advantage over others, is a cheat and/or exploit and as such is strictly forbidden.

nl 
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 17:01 
Illiterate (2)
@OneYankeeRebel

We all know what cheats are out there.
And we all know the signs the players show, when using those cheats.
We got alot of protection.
Op's, SubOp's and Owners who can tp to players in vanish and check on them.
I'm convinced that none cheater will every reach the member status.
Cuz by that time they will already be exposed.
And I havn't heard of any exploits in the time I've been playing on the server.
But if I'm wrong I guess all exploited stuff will be erased, so one doesn't get to keep his exploited advantage.

pt 
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 17:31 
Geek (697)
Well that's new to me. I'll leave some ideas for the new map then.

Remake Babel when the Ancient Gates gizmo is updated, probably the best creation in the current map;
Do not remake IC or a similar city, make something simpler, maybe just a statue of some short of goddess where players start, along with all the info newcomers need. (statue in the middle of the map?)
Do not make the main cities so close to each other, maybe make them in each corner of the map would be a better sugestion, also don't make them so big, less houses and more utility stuff since we all know everyone is going to go out and make their own houses.
Keep the same "medieval" theme, don't make WB's resembling stuff from our time..

Hope these sugestions will be of some use since I'll most likely be gone at the start of the 1.8.

Have fun o/

se 
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 17:59 
So long and thanks for all the fish! (1771)
I'd say do not remake babel. Have a simple starting zone with signs telling the rules and portals to the big cities. No personal portals. Space the big cities out over the whole map, and have them all have small marketplaces. Port over the best cities of our current map, Islerlohn and leisure castle. Urge players to make groups for making the rest of the big cities needed. I'll post more to this list when I get home. It's a pain to post long rants on a mobile phone. :P

JuncoPartner: I could barely hold it up for long.

nl 
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 18:10 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
we sould go use another theme... It had been madieval for like ** (?) times now.. starts getting a bit borred, dont you think? :3

be 
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 18:49 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
Patogy wrote:
we sould go use another theme... It had been madieval for like ** (?) times now.. starts getting a bit borred, dont you think? :3
Yeah! Let's change the theme into something like shipbuilding! We'll have a huge ocean we can built ships in! :mrgreen:

us 
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 19:03 
Doesn't get out much (327)
waterworld. spawn and swim.

nl 
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 19:06 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
heldplayer wrote:
Patogy wrote:
Yeah! Let's change the theme into something like shipbuilding! We'll have a huge ocean we can built ships in! :mrgreen:

thats not what I said -_-' just another theme then madieval..

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 19:25 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Patogy wrote:
Patogy, minecraft is kinder medieval... torches, swords, armour, bows, monsters, mining, the game sort of sets it's own theme, can't exactly do a space theme :P

It would be cool if gates only took you from city to city, with rails that lead to smaller setttlments most people would build near the rail/station so they can get around. Personal portals is kinder easy, it's not the same as traveling. Would also be good if exchanging money could only be done in markets, there is a plugin for this.

pt 
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 20:04 
Geek (697)
Mmm I'll have to agree with Junco and Spike, personal portals made it way too easy. Also, how about the mains cities only having main buildings in it and instead of houses that 80% of the players will never build, sell land plots and let players make thier own houses in the city?
Makes he cities look less plain and boring, players will actually start living in the cities, and there will be less players building their houses right outside the cities.

Ideas anyone? ^^

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 20:10 
Pretty useless (68)
I like he whole idea of wiping the server. It's getting a bit samey. I mean, there's space galore for new builds and people, but with people saying that it's a bad idea to build too close to someone, it's sort of difficult trying to find the perfect place that no one complains about.
However on the new server, there'll be a whole freaking map for people to spread out in - plus if people realise that the person they're living near is building 'eye sores' in their opinion, by the time of the update they can make use of the space and move away. (Sounds a bit bitchy I know but it's not my opinion, I just know some people are like that).

I think what we should capitalise on is selling houses though. I was walking around a few of the cities and saw some pretty nice houses. Now I had no idea if they were for sale, how to buy them or what, and I think that maybe having a few people live in a community instead of dotted randomly across the world is sort of attractive in some way :3 Maybe a few big, attractive houses that'll make people WANT to live there instead of building their own shabby hut that they'll work on as they go...*

City Portals Only is a brilliant idea - makes everyone less lazy :D

A Printout of the Top 10 final skills sounds like a good idea. A sort of momentum to all that hard work people have put into the SMP.

Personally I don't like the railroad idea... I always found them to be painfully difficult in my case :/ Plus it apparently lags... Sadly I love the idea of roads or some sort of track to reach other cities but the chance of them being creeper-bombed is just too high a risk :/

*For some reason this just made me think of aristocrats living in a home that gives a statement about themselves, or a sort of status among the posher individuals.... and then the idea of minecraft users wanting to buy certain houses because it gives them status. WTH too many ideas.

*Edit: I also like your idea Panty (was typing this before you sent that x_X).
BTW, what are you going to do about the Golden Pants Crew hideout, as it will be wiped from the server if you build one now? :/ I guess you could use this time to make a test build (though you could use freebuild for that anyway. In SMP you could get the GPC Members' view and suggestions on it though...)

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 21:45 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
TerriBerriify wrote:
Personally I don't like the railroad idea... I always found them to be painfully difficult in my case :/ Plus it apparently lags... Sadly I love the idea of roads or some sort of track to reach other cities but the chance of them being creeper-bombed is just too high a risk :/
Rails should be really easy now with the new powered track pieces, on an old map we had a rail system which was buggy and shit, but just when Notch actually fixed minecarts to work bug free we moved onto a different map. Was pretty cool taking carts to go to the main cities. On the new map which didn't last long people built near the stations to get around, but the rails were built sort of arkwardly and zig zaggy on that map, but they did work, taking a minecart to check someones house out on the other side of the map, not sure if they finished it I stopped playing smp around then.

pt 
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 22:08 
Geek (697)
@Terri, The GPG hideout has been partly made in SP, and good thing I didn't start it on the current SMP map, now I'll have a fresh map for it (I'm still thinking about the guild's fundamentals, but so far I see it has a social group/entertainment, and not as a PvP group).

"I think what we should capitalise on is selling houses though" - It has been proven that the great majority of the players won't buy premade houses, both because of the price and design, they prefer to make their own thing, thus my idea of selling land plots inside city areas.

@Junco, railroads aren't viable in SMP as they would in SP, apparently they're glitchy and make the server lag. Plus you'd make Howard go on a rampage deleting railroads ;P

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 22:35 
Pretty useless (68)
JMPanty wrote:
@Terri, The GPG hideout has been partly made in SP, and good thing I didn't start it on the current SMP map, now I'll have a fresh map for it (I'm still thinking about the guild's fundamentals, but so far I see it has a social group/entertainment, and not as a PvP group).
Ah ok :3 just wondering :D
JMPanty wrote:
"I think what we should capitalise on is selling houses though" - It has been proven that the great majority of the players won't buy premade houses, both because of the price and design, they prefer to make their own thing, thus my idea of selling land plots inside city areas.
Lol I guess that means I'm just weird like that ^^' I mean I do like being creative but... I'm not too great at it!!!

us 
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 23:11 
Crap at posting (43)
I also like the idea of limiting portals, I think that would encourage people to build in settlements or at least get to know there neighbors. Although if that's the case people will want to build roads and other landmarks to help find your way around. I doubt a railroad will ever happen because of how easily broken they are and server lag.

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2011, 01:38 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Patogy wrote:
Patogy, minecraft is kinder medieval... torches, swords, armour, bows, monsters, mining, the game sort of sets it's own theme, can't exactly do a space theme :P

It would be cool if gates only took you from city to city, with rails that lead to smaller setttlments most people would build near the rail/station so they can get around. Personal portals is kinder easy, it's not the same as traveling. Would also be good if exchanging money could only be done in markets, there is a plugin for this.
No rails.

Ever.

Never.

Do not even ask.

pt 
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2011, 02:59 
Geek (697)
lol was already expecting that reaction.

au 
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2011, 03:17 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
so my question is, whats gonna happen with things like momento, and sanctuary? completely wiped or copied over?

de 
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2011, 06:46 
Geek (856)
I would appreciate an official statement. Will the server be wiped? Will you copy buildings into the new map if requested? Whats the new gameplay and building style of the new server?

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2011, 08:26 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
I'll post something later today (or tomorrow possibly - have better things to do today) about the plans for 1.8.

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2011, 09:27 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
In fact
http://forum.specialattack.net/viewtopi ... 80&t=11737