Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:41

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2011, 14:55 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
I'm finding this most annoying. I have a new computer and installed a sound card. The sound card is the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series. I am using Sennheiser PC 350 headset.

The Problem:
There is feedback coming through my headset, basically when I speak it is coming out of the headphones and/or speakers. It's really annoying. I have the sound card plugged into the front panel and turned things on and off and tweaked everything possible in the Sound control panel and the software that came with the sound card. Listen to this device is turned off. Anything that goes through the mic is fed back through the headphones.

I have unplugged the front panel and plugged my headset into the back, but I can only get the mic to work, I can't hear anything. I also have 5.1 speakers plugged into the sound card so I only have 2 open jacks left to use.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Otherwise I'm just going to get rid of the sound card and use the onboard sound as I've had nothing but trouble so far with the sound.

EDIT: Oh and I've just discovered that I can't hear anyone through voice chat in steam. They can hear me, but I can't hear them. Mumble is ok and so far in-game sound is ok

us 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2011, 16:17 
Doesn't get out much (327)
Something which happened to me... I had an el cheapo web cam plugged in and laying between keyboard and monitor, facing the pile of junkmail, and it has it's own mic which had switched on. A little monkeying around and the headset was functioning just fine.

I dunno if this is your issue but maybe it is.

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2011, 16:38 
Has learned to write! (217)
Go to Program files -> creative -> creative console launcher

Then go to mixer and mute microphone then make sure the REC is on microphone that should fix you hearing yourself

de 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2011, 16:41 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
I'm pretty sure that there's just some misconfiigured. The Creative drivers can sometimes be a bit bitchy. I've had my moments with the regular driver setup and the THX console. The settings weren't linked and therefore the outputs differed...

... speaking about outputs. Check that a) you're really plugging the cables correctly and b) check the setting of the flexi-jack (card still has it?).

I would try to get the card working... I always prefer cards over onboard chips. :4

Bananalove!

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2011, 01:38 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
@OneYankeeRebel: At first I did have a problem with the mic in my webcam, in game it would pick up my voice and was really distorted. So fixed that problem by disabling it.

In the end I did what Frosty suggested; of course I decided to do it just before the Koth match and ended up with no mic in mumble or in game. Then I realised that the mic was muted in the Sound control panel when I muted it in the Creative Launcher, so at least I could talk in game but mumble was still not working.

After some tweaks and getting all frustrated Frosty found out what the problem was. I just needed to set the Device to Devault Device.

So yay, it works.

Thank you all for your help :5: :5: :4