Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:16

All times are UTC+02:00

au 
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 16:37 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
http://www.minecraftforum.net/videos/vi ... timelapse/

Ok, I've seen alot of minecraft videos, but this one really stood out to me. Anyway, just a little proposal, I think that our smp server should have a go at doing something like this... Ideas??? :|

us 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2011, 04:28 
Crap at posting (34)
I was thinking of building some sort of port when the new map came out, but I think doing an entire port city would be even better. It would be a good difference from the the standard castle build of mc (I know that the medival theme fits in perfectly with minecraft, but you don't have to make a castle :wink: ). Maybe it could be a community build. We don't ever see too many people working together on a build, so that would probably be a lot of fun to make.

au 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2011, 07:21 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
This would be a project for one of the theme build sections, so you would need to apply to build it in an area and have the size planned out. But i think this idea sounds great, and if you need a hand just let me know :4

au 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2011, 16:10 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
Voltblades wrote:
I was thinking of building some sort of port when the new map came out, but I think doing an entire port city would be even better. It would be a good difference from the the standard castle build of mc (I know that the medival theme fits in perfectly with minecraft, but you don't have to make a castle :wink: ). Maybe it could be a community build. We don't ever see too many people working together on a build, so that would probably be a lot of fun to make.
Excactly what I was thinking.. This should be a community build on our new map! Brilliant!!! Only one problem.. Where are we going to get all the resources needed for this? Maybe, Howard could summon all the blocks we need? :wink:

Oh... And this 'could' replace the diamond 'storage' gateway in the bable.. Just an idea.... :|

Edit: 200th post!! :4

pt 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2011, 17:34 
Geek (697)
Simple, plan it 1st, gather the necessary resources (probably better to get a bit more than what was calculated) and start working on it. All of this IF the app gets accepted.
Also, if you want to do a timelapse, the participants should use a recording program, all of them.

au 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2011, 01:47 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
Well, if we are all going to do this (as a community build) than in my opinion, the center of the town should be the spawn of the new world! Also, we are going to need ALOT of sandstone, gravel, planks and basic wood blocks... Around the center we should have markets, rental houses, pvp arenas... The list goes on.

Oh and btw, I don't think it's necessary to make it an appeal, due to the fact this is a community 'suggestion'. This doesn't mean that the build is mine or 'hey, I came up with the idea first!', it should just be a community build. Although we are going to need some directors and excellent builders for this, in the end when it's done, this was made by the community for the community. (in other words, NO credit will be given out to 'specified' players).

So... Yeah.. Who's in for building a sea-side port thing??

pt 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2011, 14:29 
Geek (697)
That's all nice Blue, but there's another 2 things, 1 Howard was already mkaking a new spawn and 2 you still need to apply, only 4 different players have posted thier thought here, we can't and won't decide this for the rest of the mc community. So it still needs to away approval as a project.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2011, 14:32 
Has learned to write! (209)
Ye but call it something like SpAndrew or something clever.

[01:44]aaanythiNG:I just donatedto SpA
[01:44]aaanythiNG:Because I love Jam
[01:45]Tigerdragon180:i love you in a non gay way jam
[01:45]GreatBuilder3:i love you in a gay way jam
Jawz13:P.S I Love Jam

us 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2011, 15:52 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Jam ezzz wrote:
Ye but call it something like SpAndrew or something clever.
Yeah or SpAGB3 or something along those lines :P

us 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2011, 15:54 
Likes to type... (247)
The new SpAradise city! Like on the old old map

<+Aadolf> Obama isn't gay, Obama is homo.
<+Aadolf> Black people resemble horses.
<+Aadolf> Obama is a horse

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2011, 16:39 
Has learned to write! (209)
I totally posted in the wrong topic.... That SpAndrew post was supposed to be in the thing where everyone was quoting "make Dankirk"

[01:44]aaanythiNG:I just donatedto SpA
[01:44]aaanythiNG:Because I love Jam
[01:45]Tigerdragon180:i love you in a non gay way jam
[01:45]GreatBuilder3:i love you in a gay way jam
Jawz13:P.S I Love Jam

au 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2011, 16:46 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
All-righty.. It seems people want me to already appeal for this, well, ok.. I'll appeal. On ONE condition!! I'll do it tomorrow, I'm tired and want some sleep...

Also, if it does get approved.. I don't want to be the only one working on this, if I am. Then I might just abandon this project... Another thing, I might end up handing over the project to another player... Due to university stuff I've got to get done...

So... Tomorrow around midday (when I wake up) I'll post my appeal. (this is in about 11hours time).

Btw. I REALY love those sexy city names your coming up with, keep it up! :D

Spa-field?

Edit: lol jam :lol: