Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:16

All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 21:19 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
You don't notice it because it has been well designed. Spawning then dying isnt related to health regeneration, nor would it's removal make that snipers life any easier or harder.
I wasn't informing that it was related to health regen, it was merely just an example of something I see as unfair when you are trying to get out of spawn and you constantly get sniped. If you do manage to get a pop at the sniper, then he kills you, by the time you've spawned again his health has regenerated.

But from what you and I have said it seems to be just down to gameplay. I would rather stick with my squad and depending on my squad and what class they have chosen then there is no need for health regen. If you decide to not stick with your squad then of course health regen would be most helpful. And because I prefer to stick with my squad (granted sometimes you really can't) then I would rather see it off.

Crovax, if you're not going to post something constructive don't post at all. Thank you.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 21:20 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
I don't leave my squad but in some instances you get split up or seperated and or everyone is dead so then it is really unfair to deny someone health; good personal play is punished and not rewarded.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 21:26 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
NB. When I say you, I don't mean just you Balls, I mean you as in youse all :)

Apologies if you saw it as me isolating you.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 21:31 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Not at all :) I didnt see it as you isolating me. I know for a fact all people get split up from their squads, be it shared transport, chasing down a sniper, or getting lost or being unable to move etc. My point was that all this regenerating health is designed for those instances and to not punish the user, regardless of what that little piece of shit has to say lol

nl 
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 19:36 
Community slut (13473)
I don't leave my squad but in some instances you get split up or seperated and or everyone is dead so then it is really unfair to deny someone health; good personal play is punished and not rewarded.
The reward is the feeling that you've accomplished something epic, barely still alive and being helped out by a fellow player.

BF is player-2-player interaction, not game-world-2-player. It's not up to the game-world to reward you with such things. The reward is your accomplishment on the battlefield.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 20:26 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Granted, but I think people are missing the fact that BF has also been designed for lone wolfs, one man armies as well; a fact that DICE have stated.

To be honest, turning those features off doesn't really add anything to gameplay really, other than frustrating players who might not be in on the past BF mentality.

Worth just as much turning the gamemode to hardcore if that is the case. Not being able to see your ammo count would create a greater need for the support classes.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 23:43 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Actually, Balls has a point there, if the SpA server is to have FF on, no health regen, then you might as well make it hardcore. I have already experienced some hardcore servers and it is a completely different gameplay and a lot more difficult but also very challenging. Basically, you don't have any idea on how much ammo you have, or how much health you have in your vehicle etc, all you have is the map and your objectives. Which is not a bad thing and it makes a nice change to play at a more challenging level.

Which leads me onto my next thought. Considering the community will be the main filler of the server; amongst other things. As I have said before, basing a game on one's own experiences is a little unfair. Does the community actually have a choice? Will our comments and opinions be considered?

Also, is there any other news on what is going on with the SpA server? Has there been any feedback on why it's not the success we were hoping for? Are there any future plans on what to do next? Has anything else been done?

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 23:53 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
Also, is there any other news on what is going on with the SpA server? Has there been any feedback on why it's not the success we were hoping for? Are there any future plans on what to do next? Has anything else been done?
And like asking for a massive refund from the provider. :evil:

It strikes me as a bit odd that the TF2 server settings will have deep seated debates on changes to the vanilla cfg, but with bf3 it is not even a question.

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 08:32 
Community slut (13473)
The server is dead in the water. It's still running default mode, health regen etc. on. It's simply impossible to get it going. No use debating over settings there!

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 11:16 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Are we going to cancel the rental agreement? If that was the case we should claim for a refund; it's ridiculous that they are getting away with selling a faulty product.

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 14:06 
Community slut (13473)
Are we going to cancel the rental agreement? If that was the case we should claim for a refund; it's ridiculous that they are getting away with selling a faulty product.
Was exactly the same with BF2. The server kept crashing when filling up, for that reason we didn't get it off the ground. They denied a refund, as they claim (by contract) not to be responsible for the software/game. Their only responsibility is hardware and network stabillity.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 14:12 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Gash :evil:

us 
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 22:33 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
The server is dead in the water. It's still running default mode, health regen etc. on. It's simply impossible to get it going. No use debating over settings there!
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Was exactly the same with BF2. The server kept crashing when filling up, for that reason we didn't get it off the ground. They denied a refund, as they claim (by contract) not to be responsible for the software/game. Their only responsibility is hardware and network stabillity.
I might be a noob to all of this, but the server IS the hardware (for the most part), and that the network that the server is running on plays a huge role to it's overall stability. If the server is crashing then there has to be a bug in the system somewhere. I mean you could try to do different things with the connections and hardware regarding the server, as well as settings, but as I see in the first quote above you tried settings already. I know it gets crazy trying to find bugs and all, but there has to be a way. What I am trying to say is there has to be something that is going wrong, otherwise the server would be running nice and smooth.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 15:15 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Is the subscription going to be cancelled or has it been already?

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 16:15 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
No it has not been cancelled

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 16:58 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Are you able to get in touch with saint to cancel it?

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 18:57 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
It's a contract. Can't cancel it.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 19:21 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
3 month one I thought? When does the contract run out then? Or is it a contract for life.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 20:20 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Next year

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 22:25 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
lol what, that is insane

no 
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 23:12 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
lol what, that is insane
not really as it is just 24 more days until next year ;)

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 23:23 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
-.- so I was right it was three months, i thought that meant it was a year contract... nevermind then

no 
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 23:35 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
lol understand, would be insane a whole year. think we only took 3 months

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 00:21 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
yeah thats what i said ^^

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 12:41 
Technical Admin (141)
SOMEONE JOIN!

Im so excited :D I miss the days of BF2 with SpA!

Harry

EDIT: Owh dont cancel it, ill make it work!

no 
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2012, 01:07 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
pay for it a month urself, if u make it work i will sponsor the server the next month :P

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2012, 02:28 
Technical Admin (141)
I could make it work but it wouldnt be how the community or SaintK would want it, would have to be a theme of some kind such as (the most popular being) metro 24/7 64 player hardcore 1000 ticket no RPG no M320, not really battlefield, more COD :( but its so popular...

Theres probably something between the above extreme and what we would love to run as a community which would pull traffic, and maybe then one day we can gently hone the server to more what we want it to be when we start building a bigger BF3 community.

Just my thoughts, then again ive had a drink and a smoke so it might be garbage :)

Off to the battlefield for me!

EDIT: more thoughts on this, a 64 player server is very hard to fill, noones interested in playing a huuuge conquest map with only 5-15 people on the server at low peak (or 0)

As suggested try lowering the slots and the size of the maps, advertise that we like team or tactical play, add an addin that forces players into squads and reminds to play as teams, give it a theme and server name of some kind rather than "conquest".

Theres so much room for scope here, theres hundreds of populated BF3 servers and no reason why we couldnt run a successful one too. Just need to find the neiche.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/ << comes to mind (ps: i am in no way affiliated) but they have a niche along the lines of the what we are into (tactical teamplay rather than mindless COD carnage) and they run successfully.

I might see if I can stretch my wallet to a month to see if I can get this going, things are fairly hectic for me at the moment financially and availability though :(

EDIT2: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/se ... 0-tickets/

Another of my favorite niche BF3 servers
Sh

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2012, 13:19 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Anything is possible. It's in your hands. BAM and Hunth are the managers for Bf3 so liaise with them Sheppy and if you feel you can make this work then go ahead, you have my permission to do so. Just let me know what you decide so I can make the changes at my end. You've got till the end of the month as to whether you want the contract renewed so still plenty of time to think things through. Even if you try out your ideas now and see how it goes. Good luck :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 02:18 
Technical Admin (141)
Okay,

Im really stuffed for time at the moment, got exams all this month but I will do my best.

Have a few ideas in my head right now which I just wanted to stuff onto here quickly before bed, maybe BAM and Hunth can let me know what they think or send me a PM, ill try get on IRC etc...

I suggest following;

1) BF2 Conquest Hardcore (or not hardcore)
- Change server name to "[SpA] Conquest | BF2 Maps | HC"
- Game mode hardcore, conquest large
- Maps from back to karkand pack
- 32 player, move to 64 if ever filled

2) BF2 Conquest Fast Vehicals
- Change server name to "[SpA] Conquest| BF2 Maps | Fast Vehical Respawn"
- Game mode normal, conquest large
- Maps from back to karkand pack
- 64 player

3) Teamplay Mixed
- Change server name to "[SpA] Teamplay Mixed Mode | 200% Tickets"
- Game mode normal
- Change map rotation to rush, conquest, rush conquest and a mix of the better maps
- 32 player, move to 64 if ever filled

LAST RESORT:
3) Chaos but traffic
- Change server name to "[SpA] Metro 24/7 Hardcore NO RPG/M320/USAS 1050 Tickets"
- Game mode hardcore
- Install NO RPG mod
- Try 64 player, if not 32 then 64
- After a while make the server Metro/another map (which is similar) and slowly transition the server to our ideal situation

For all of the above also:
- Good anti cheat installed
- Admins often present
- SpA members to idle their computer on the server throughout the day to kick off players joining
- Quickjoin/quickmatch enabled in all cases for more traffic

We got an admin forum we could move this to?

Sweeeet

EDIT: (I love edit): more food for thought: http://forum.i3d.net/battlefield-3-i3d- ... lling.html

Some interesting bits i picked out:
Quote:
- make sure your startup.txt config adheres strictly to the Quickmatch requirements set out in the admin docs. (sheppy: this seems important have we checked this??)

- Quickmatch hates an empty server. I can usually seed an empty 64 by just parking myself on it for 5 minutes and it'll fill up.
Quote:
Currently everyone is trying to get into the big conquest servers though. They're much more popular than Rush or any of the other game modes
EDIT: Read a lot about chaning the GUID will flood players into the server :O Perhaps do this when we change the server especially the name.
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... f=4&t=5970
Quote:
This has worked for me on 2 of my battlefield 3 servers that weren't filling (the other has stayed full 24/7 from day 1). I changed the servers GUID in the Managed panel page. This resulted in the filling of my 2 servers (64 conquest and 32 Mixed modes) in 5 minutes. It was insane how fast they can fill.
EDIT: Go on then, get me some hosting credentials and ill have a look at the nitty gritty

ro 
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 10:03 
Geek (736)
That GUID reset looks interesting. Nice find Sheepy.
Hunth, lets do it asap, maybe we can make this server filled for once.
Sheppy, your battlelog id?
mine: BAMISME

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next