SpecialAttack BF3 Conquest mode

Config in progress.

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 17:28 
Community slut (13473)
Current (experimental settings)
Code:
#Battlefield 3 Config File by i3D.net
#Any line starting with # is a comment and will not be read by the game server. You can use this feature to return certain settings to default without removing the command 

completely.

###########################
# Server Setup variables below #
###########################

#Set Server name (between quotes)
vars.serverName "SpecialAttack.net Conquest mode"

#Set max player count (can only go below the number that you ordered)
#vars.maxPlayerCount 64

#Set Admin Password
admin.password 

#Set Server Password
#vars.gamePassword 

#Activate/Deactivate punkbuster (true/false)
vars.punkBuster true

#Activate/Deactivate auto balance
vars.autoBalance true

#Set the number of players needed to start a game (default: 8)
vars.roundStartPlayerCount 2

#Set the number of players needed in game before it resets to pre-round
vars.roundRestartPlayerCount 2

################################
# Variables affecting gameplay below #
################################

#Activate/Deactivate killcam
vars.killCam false

#Activate/Deactivate Friendly Fire
vars.friendlyFire true

#Activate/Deactivate Health Regeneration
vars.regenerateHealth false
#Activate/Deactivate Minimap
vars.miniMap True

#Activate/Deactivate HUD
vars.hud true

#Activate/Deactivate crosshair
vars.crossHair true

#Activate/Deactivate 3d Spotting
vars.3dSpotting true

#Activate/Deactivate minimap spotting
vars.miniMapSpotting true

#Activate/Deactivate Nametags
vars.nameTag true

#Activate/Deactivate 3rd person vehicle Camera
vars.3pCam true

#Activate/Deactivate vehicles
vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed true
###################################
# Variables involving player control below #
###################################

#number of teamkills allowed before kick
vars.teamKillCountForKick 10

#Max kills a player can make before being kicked (counter-cheating)
vars.teamKillValueForKick 150

#Number of team kill kicks that will lead to a permaban
vars.teamKillKickForBan 5

#Set idle time before getting kicked
vars.noInteractivityTimeoutTIme 600

#Set whether an idle kick should also give a round ban
vars.noInteractivityRoundBan false

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 17:28 
Community slut (13473)
Code:
#Battlefield 3 maplist by i3D.net Lines with a # in front of them are comments. Available game modes are the following
#ConquestLarge0 | Conquest on large maps (64 slot type)
#ConquestSmall0 | Conquest on small maps (32 slot type)
#RushLarge0 | Rush 16-32 players
#SquadRush0 | Squad Rush 8 players
#SquadDeathMatch0 | Squad Deathmatch 16 players
#TeamDeathMatch0 | Team Deathmatch 32 players

#Each map is playable on each game mode below is an example playlist of all maps playing 64 slot conquest maps with 2 round per map

#Caspian Border
MP_007	ConquestLarge0	1
#Grand Bazaar
MP_001	ConquestLarge0	1
#Teheran Highway
MP_003	ConquestLarge0	1
#Seine Crossing
MP_011	ConquestLarge0	1
#Operation Firestorm
MP_012	ConquestLarge0	1
#Damavand Peak
MP_013	ConquestLarge0	1
#Noshahar Canals
MP_017	ConquestLarge0	1
#Kharg Island
MP_018	ConquestLarge0	1
#Operation Metro
MP_Subway	ConquestLarge0	1

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 17:29 
Community slut (13473)
Current server settings are based off BF2 game experience and are likely to be changed/tweaked. We aim to provide a game based on team play with the most intense, but fun experience possible in Battlefield 3.

SpA won't offer any Rush mode on it's server as we believe BF is best played in Conquest mode only.

Please provide feedback about the server settings. As we don't host the server ourselves (rental), bug reports cannot be handled by us and should be submitted to EA/Dice.

There is no reserved slots or admin control yet. Res slots is not certain yet (but likely) and the admin control should be released tomorrow.

Enjoy the game, see you on the battlefield!

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 17:49 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Am I reading the cfg correctly, health regeneration has been turned off? Is that default?

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 17:50 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
Am I reading the cfg correctly, health regeneration has been turned off? Is that default?
Default setting is HP regeneration on. I don't see why a BF style game should have any form of health regeneration accept from support through your fellow team players.

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 17:56 
Likes to type... (229)
You forgot the # before "Activate/Deactivate killcam"

Might just be a copying issue or not make any difference anyway but hey ^^ at least you know now :D

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 18:03 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Default setting is HP regeneration on. I don't see why a BF style game should have any form of health regeneration accept from support through your fellow team players.
I assumed it was for when you were trapped behind enemy lines alone and not a class able to administer your own health. I think the health regeneration works a bit differently to COD; not that I noticed much health regeneration issues in the beta as there was always a kit setup somewhere; which makes me think that turning it off really isn't that much of a benefit.

Could be worth asking what the community might prefer as it may potentially make it too hardcore for players new to the BF style of game.

EDIT: In addition, kill cam might be an issue worth raising with the community, as it can ruin the game but also add balance to it as well.

ro 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 18:08 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
I say let's try it off and on and then see. With it on though, the Medic goodies become nearly useless (when you factor in the short ress timer as well).

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 18:13 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

I assumed it was for when you were trapped behind enemy lines alone and not a class able to administer your own health. I think the health regeneration works a bit differently to COD; not that I noticed much health regeneration issues in the beta as there was always a kit setup somewhere; which makes me think that turning it off really isn't that much of a benefit.

Could be worth asking what the community might prefer as it may potentially make it too hardcore for players new to the BF style of game.

EDIT: In addition, kill cam might be an issue worth raising with the community, as it can ruin the game but also add balance to it as well.
If you're stuck behind enemy lines either of these things is going on:
- You've been stupid enough to ignore teamplay and go on a solo mission without backup plan
- You've been trapped after the rest of your squad left you to die (for whatever reason)
- You got engaged in a fight and got trapped/last survived - You wait for your squad to come to the rescue.

Welcome to Battlefield :wink:

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 18:17 
Community slut (13473)
Thaw111 wrote:
You forgot the # before "Activate/Deactivate killcam"

Might just be a copying issue or not make any difference anyway but hey ^^ at least you know now :D
good catch!

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 18:20 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]sebas wrote:
I say let's try it off and on and then see. With it on though, the Medic goodies become nearly useless (when you factor in the short ress timer as well).
The medic items will work just the same as they did in beta, and those servers had health regen on, plus BF has a longer delay before the regen timer activates; so the health crate still provides quicker health regeneration, and the defibs work just the same.

[SpA]SaintK wrote:

- You've been stupid enough to ignore teamplay and go on a solo mission without backup plan
- You've been trapped after the rest of your squad left you to die (for whatever reason)
- You got engaged in a fight and got trapped/last survived - You wait for your squad to come to the rescue.

In conquest mode the enemy line can easily change depending on what location is being capture; your occupied space could soon quickly become enemy territory, unlike Rush.

Waiting for your squad to respawn on you with 1% health and no regen or health crates may not go well if your tactic is to get your squad in the thick of it.

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 18:21 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
You just don't get it do you?

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 18:22 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]sebas wrote:
The medic items will work just the same as they did in beta, and those servers had health regen on, plus BF has a longer delay before the regen timer activates; so the health crate still provides quicker health regeneration, and the defibs work just the same.

[SpA]SaintK wrote:

In conquest mode the enemy line can easily change depending on what location is being capture; your occupied space could soon quickly become enemy territory, unlike Rush.

Waiting for your squad to respawn on you with 1% health and no regen or health crates may not go well if your tactic is to get your squad in the thick of it.
And such is life on the battlefield :wink:

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 18:24 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
I'm not complaining either way, just thought it would be worth considering what the SpA community might prefer that's all.

se 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 18:31 
So long and thanks for all the fish! (1771)
Is reserved slots enabled?

JuncoPartner: I could barely hold it up for long.

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 18:32 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Spikespiegel wrote:
Is reserved slots enabled?
Not yet. Awaiting the release of BF3CC tomorrow by i3d.net.

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 19:13 
The one and only (619)
In the SpA Shop will the reserved slot be for both TF2 and BF3 or will you have to buy both separately?

nl 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 19:19 
Community slut (13473)
ZEnergy wrote:
In the SpA Shop will the reserved slot be for both TF2 and BF3 or will you have to buy both separately?
There is no possibility to integrate this into the SpA shop. Donators will receive reserved slots by manual processing.

ro 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 23:04 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
Yes and during the beta everyone running around was at 100% HP, except for the seconds of actual fighting. And when the bullets are still flying around you're helping the team more by shooting than laying down med-packs which nobody will have the time to pay attention to.

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 09:37 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Is the map rotation adjustable? I'd say it should default to caspian border if the server starts up/is empty. Seems to be the most popular map..

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 09:47 
Community slut (13473)
Crovax20 wrote:
Is the map rotation adjustable? I'd say it should default to caspian border if the server starts up/is empty. Seems to be the most popular map..
Not sure yet, depends on the BF3CC capabilities.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 10:59 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Are we going to turn off kill cam?

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 11:55 
Community slut (13473)
Are we going to turn off kill cam?
I had intended to do this already, kinda forgot to update that.

Fixed, thanks!

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 11:59 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
no problem

se 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 13:42 
Likes to type... (284)
Is it possible to turn off auto-regeneration for the vehicles or does that go into the same category as "Health Regeneration"?

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 14:09 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
do the vehicles have health regeneration? I remember the hud not displaying any regeneration unless an engineer was present.

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 14:13 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Loke wrote:
Is it possible to turn off auto-regeneration for the vehicles or does that go into the same category as "Health Regeneration"?
I am not aware of any other config possibilities. Time will tell once we have full access to the server configs through the BF3CC tool.

se 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 15:21 
Likes to type... (284)
do the vehicles have health regeneration?
Yeah, seems so. I've been out in the open with no team mates around me numerous times with a battle tank, getting struck by a shell then after a short while the vehicle starts to repair itself. I believe I've only used tanks while playing as an engineer though so perhaps it regenerates because you're an engineer? Don't know, have to try that to be sure.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 15:31 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Yeah, be worth finding out, I can understand player health regeneration, but on a vehicle (without it being an engineer perk) hmmmm.