Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:54

All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
ro 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 17:55 
Geek (736)
All vehicles have regeneration by default, only if you are damaged until a specific amount, don't remember now numbers.
It's silly if you ask me.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 18:01 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
There is normally a balancing reason behind a lot of these minor features. It really depends on how it works in practise if they are disabled; same with disabling health regeneration. Though I don't remember the vehicles in BC2 having regenerating health.

ro 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 10:00 
Geek (736)
Server is up? I couldn't really find it :(

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 11:31 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
AHHH! It's Blops all over again! :shock:

I'm all installed now :D

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 14:24 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
[SpA]BAM wrote:
Server is up? I couldn't really find it :(
Set region to europe and type special in the box. It shows up just fine. Nobody willing to sit and fill it though.

no 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 16:03 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
we need to get together at the same time, maybe atleast 8 ppl so we can play, then hopefully it will get filled. Would be alot easier too with a platoon (SaintK^^), as anyone in the platoon can see it.

ro 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 16:05 
Geek (736)
Thats exactly what I did when I tried, I'll try again later bit, when spacial ppl decide to do inauguration :p

no 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 16:07 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
well i got 3 ppl here with me, only need 5 more :D

EDIT: 4 :P

EDIT 2: lol i can see you writing to me in chat BAM, must be a bug or sumtin. your also in the party with us

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 17:58 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Hunth wrote:
we need to get together at the same time, maybe atleast 8 ppl so we can play, then hopefully it will get filled. Would be alot easier too with a platoon (SaintK^^), as anyone in the platoon can see it.
Yes, sorry. This will be setup in a few hours.

nl 
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 11:11 
Community slut (13473)
we're having a game now on our server, join us 8)

no 
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 13:21 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
ah crap, shame i missed it. had to go out for a small errand. how many was on, and how was the performance of the server?

nl 
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 13:49 
Community slut (13473)
You need about 6 people to get a server to fill up. Just make sure you join mumble when you're about to play. when there is 6 of you, you can join ours and it fills up.

ro 
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 18:39 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
Is there any way of setting the server to start even with 1 person on it? I'd like to get the hang of flying stuff without being utterly useless to my team. :)

nl 
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 14:53 
Community slut (13473)
Just created a support ticket with i3d.net;
Quote:
Hi,

Our BF3 server has some odd issues. Our server keeps being marked as "custom", even though I tried a full reinstall and config restore, it keeps coming up with the initial created custom config.

We believe due to this cause we are not receiving any traffic whatsoever on our server.

What we notice is that near empty servers which are joined with a few people fill up within a matter of minutes to 64/64, whereas our server had not a single random soul join it, even when we filled it up with 15 of our own users. Something here is very off what seems to be working otherwise for all other random servers (hence the attempt to load a default config).

Can you please restore the config of this server to it's absolute default?

Thanks,

ro 
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 17:30 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
Saint, btw, there may be other causes for it: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fo ... 710458747/

nl 
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 17:36 
Community slut (13473)
we've found an issue where our server incorrectly reported to be ranked, where it wasn't!

Gather up 8 people and give it a shot, this time it should fill up.

#edit

Just received another mail off i3d, something still isn't quite right.

nl 
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 17:38 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]sebas wrote:
Saint, btw, there may be other causes for it: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fo ... 710458747/
Thanks, I thought I already observed this happening as well. We'll just have to give it a test again.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 21:17 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
BF3 is not just about conquest, why would they put Rush in if they thought BF3 was just about conquest? Rush should be a part of it, a bit of variety never hurt. Granted Rush sucks on some maps, so don't allow Rush to be on those maps.

Why is there no killcam? It's not like you can see where they are. I like to see who killed me so that in those last dying seconds I can watch my team mate kill the bugger in my revenge.

I don't agree with FF being on. All you get are idiots TK'ing on purpose or punishing for the wrong reasons. FF on = no fun! Especially when you're are at spawn and some little toe-rag is running everyone down in the jeep! Joy!

My decisions are based on playing BF3. I have not played BF2 therefore there is no comparison. BF2 is not BF3!

Although I have played Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Road to Rome, Battlefield Vietnam. Again, completely different games as I discovered when I played BF3, I thought I could play BF3 like I used to play the early Battlefield games, but they are all far too different. People play with different strategies, therefore it is almost impossible to judge a game just because of one's own experiences from a previous edition. I learnt the hard way unfortunately :oops:

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 21:24 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
FF on is a bad idea, the amount of times someone will think crouching in front of me is a good idea when i'm trying to shoot someone.

There is one conquest map that works beautifully for rush (like actually better than conquest)... cant remember the name but its the one US has to fucking swim a shit load on :)

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 08:54 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
If it makes you actually try and fill the server up, I'm sure Saint will change it. Else it has been thrown away $$ and the server will go down after the 3 month period.

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 09:25 
Community slut (13473)
the server has been running in default mode like 2 days after launch because of the problems.

We have found a favorite BF3 server already, BF2 style. It works bloody genius, much better then what DICE thought would be good settings for the general mass.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 09:26 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
My thoughts above have nothing to do with filling the server up. They are to do with my experiences thus far with BF3. Other people may disagree with me but I just wanted to voice my opinion.

Afaik there is an internal/external problem as to why the server does not fill up. Whether there are people on it or not, afaik it still does not fill up!

And I say afaik because I've only heard this from hearsay.

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 09:27 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
My thoughts above have nothing to do with filling the server up. They are to do with my experiences thus far with BF3. Other people may disagree with me but I just wanted to voice my opinion.

Afaik there is an internal/external problem as to why the server does not fill up. Whether there are people on it or not, afaik it still does not fill up!

And I say afaik because I've only heard this from hearsay.
You are correct. We are unable to figure out the system on how servers are listed on the server page. No matter what we do, run default, fill it up with 20 people, no random people join and the server is nearly impossible to find. Reminds me of the days where VALVe decided to change the server listing almost killing all large communities.

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 09:43 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Oh I'm terribly sorry Anna. I thought you were talking about the Special Attack server, seeing this topic is about its server details.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 09:58 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Don't play smart arse with me Crovax. You know very well I was referring to the SpA server, you are not that stupid! Your comment was irrelevant to my opinion.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 11:15 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Personally, I don't see a long yielding interest from the majority of the community in regards to BF3. I really enjoy the game because I like war themed "realistic" FPS so ill be playing it till way after the dlc is released.

However, I would stress that if there has been a technical issue that is not our fault, then perhaps we should be demanding a refund?

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 12:00 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
Personally, I don't see a long yielding interest from the majority of the community in regards to BF3. I really enjoy the game because I like war themed "realistic" FPS so ill be playing it till way after the dlc is released.

However, I would stress that if there has been a technical issue that is not our fault, then perhaps we should be demanding a refund?
i3d claims that it's EA/Dice their responsibility and they are not liable for how servers are listed etc. (to be expected)

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 12:24 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Have we contacted EA/Dice in regards to this issue?

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 12:34 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
Have we contacted EA/Dice in regards to this issue?
Yes - but they refuse to respond to my questions about it.

There are several threads as well on their forums regarding these issues.

What I think is happening is what happened with VALVe's server listing a while back.

The server listing works as following (or at least, that's what it looks like):

It takes your IP address, and "fans out" up and down to the servers with IP's listed closest to you. As our server is in a somewhat odd IP range for Europe, it ends up all the way at the end of the server listings for European clients. Most likely Americans for example will find our server higher in the list, but won't join it because of the high latency on it.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 13:12 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
It's ridiculous because it's like they sold us a defective product; which in most cases would warrant a refund. :|

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next