Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:52

All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
nl 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 20:29 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
It's ridiculous because it's like they sold us a defective product; which in most cases would warrant a refund. :|

With EA its all in the game!

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 23:59 
SpA Fookah (4459)
Let's all bitch in full extent but refuse to be part of the solution :4
I see nothing has changed...

Nice pic Crovax :D
Seems like people tend to forget what EA is all about :lol:

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 01:08 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Bucky wrote:
How can we help?

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 08:34 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Bucky wrote:
I see nothing has changed...

Nice pic Crovax :D
Seems like people tend to forget what EA is all about :lol:
No one is refusing to be part of the solution. How can we solve the problem when some of us did not know what the problem was. Instead we have to hear from hearsay. And from what I've heard and read here I don't see how we can help as this is out of our hands. Or are there some other problems that we don't know about?

We know that we are having trouble filling the server whether there are people on it or not, we know that EA has fucked our rating up, so what else are we supposed to do to rectify the problem?

Maybe you could enlighten the community if you have any other information

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 11:01 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Demand a refund?; and if they refuse I'm assuming there is a euro trading standards body or something we could contact :S

Then we sue EA and all become rich... 8)

is 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 15:10 
Pretty useless (83)
All vehicles regenerate health above 50% if they go below that they stop regenerating and start losing health and it works with all kits its something they put in to balance the vehicles its to stop you from getting disabled to easily i believe

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 15:48 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Yeah the vehicle and health regeneration works really well actually, and its good because, if im awesome take out 8 guys and a tank but i end up on 0hp and there is not medic in sight, it is not really fair if i have to just die and im not rewarded with health regen. Vehicles as well, if I take on 3 tanks in my tank and win but im on half health, its really unfair for me to just blow up. I don't really see what is gained from not having it turn on. Same with FF it does not really add to a game like this, it might work in small DM style games like CSS and MW but not BF3; it just adds to player frustration, that is why it exists.

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 00:47 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
I wouldn't have wanted auto-regen land vehicles. But DICE has designed their gameplay around it, so have to suck it up :(

Catering to console kiddies who want easy mode game where they can spend 100% time fragging while alive.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 03:33 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
The auto vehicle regen is actually quite well balanced.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 10:45 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Personally I'd say off for the health regen otherwise it could become unfair, especially if someone is amazingly good and constantly take people out. If you can now and again take a shot on them at least you get a chance of getting them back. Otherwise the frustration levels will go up because they will just camp in the same spot for the whole game becomming almost as annoying as the mortars.

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 11:42 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Yes Balls, it is quite balanced because it takes a pretty long time to kick in in a game where the action is pretty fast flowing. Thats why its balanced, but that doesn't mean you have to agree with its design implications :D

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 13:15 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
I agree with the design of the system; vehicles espesically. I drove out of spawn the other day, got instantly peppered by a jet whilst still in spawn, luckily I was on 65% and it regenerated my vehicle health so that I could actually enjoy the game; so many people moaning about "spawn die, spawn die" but don't realise these health systems actually help reduce that.
[SpA]annarack wrote:
Personally I'd say off for the health regen otherwise it could become unfair, especially if someone is amazingly good and constantly take people out. If you can now and again take a shot on them at least you get a chance of getting them back. Otherwise the frustration levels will go up because they will just camp in the same spot for the whole game becomming almost as annoying as the mortars.
So, here is the scenario from last night, I take out 3 guys on the construction site, then blow up an APC but get shot at and make an impressive dive into cover, I have 1% health, so the game rewards my bravery and skill by keeping me on 1% until i find a medic or die; this basically means the slightest gust of wind ends the round for me, that seems fair yes?

Personally, turning it off just punishes people who know how to use cover.

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 14:02 
Community slut (13473)
I agree with the design of the system; vehicles espesically. I drove out of spawn the other day, got instantly peppered by a jet whilst still in spawn, luckily I was on 65% and it regenerated my vehicle health so that I could actually enjoy the game; so many people moaning about "spawn die, spawn die" but don't realise these health systems actually help reduce that.
[SpA]annarack wrote:
So, here is the scenario from last night, I take out 3 guys on the construction site, then blow up an APC but get shot at and make an impressive dive into cover, I have 1% health, so the game rewards my bravery and skill by keeping me on 1% until i find a medic or die; this basically means the slightest gust of wind ends the round for me, that seems fair yes?

That's why the whole squad concept is in BF based games. You play together with your teammates, you ensure eachothers survival by taking different classes and aid eachother.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 14:09 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Yes, I still think that is fair. A lot of the time I die because I'm low on health. Same things goes for running out of ammo, if you can't find ammo then you have to make do and probably die in the process. So to preserve yourself you either go medic or support or try and stick with your squad that can supply you. If you want to run off and you become low on health then you have to suffer the consequences or try and get back to your squad. Alternatvely you can call for your squad medic to come and heal you otherwise being a medic could become redundant.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 14:16 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

That's why the whole squad concept is in BF based games. You play together with your teammates, you ensure eachothers survival by taking different classes and aid eachother.
Yeah I know who the squad concept works and I much prefer it to lone wolf style FPS MP games, but I cannot guarentee my squad members going to be a medic or even able to give me the support I need; which is why they have designed a regenerative health system; because average skill levels in games are declining. And then we are back to L4D when I have to become reliant on my teammates 100%, rather than being given the flexability to be able to play to my strengths.

Sooo, im on 1% health, asking a squad medic for a health pack, they don't know how to do it, or can't give it to me quick enough, so i get punished and die. They try to defib me with the box... see what im saying.

I love squad play and team play in general, but i hate being 100% percent reliant on someone else when im playing a game, it is frustrating sometimes. I got a 9 kill streak yestarday with just guns and was on 1% and this medic just ran past me (he wasnt in our squad) but i was skrewed from then on in, its not like TF2 where i can just go find a health pack or resupply; and the health regen system works completely different to COD which is just hide behind a rock for 5 secs etc

FYI, in none of these scenarios did i run off, my squad all get killed, and i took on those who did that, and I'm suposed to get punished for that? awesome.

Also, if you run out of ammo, you go pick up someone elses kit, just hold R.

Anna, have you played on a server with health/vehicle regen turned off?

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 14:28 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
I don't know because I've only ever noticed vehicle health regen not character regen. Whenever I've been low on health I don't recall it regenerating for me and then pew pew pew I'm dead which to be honest doesn't really bother me. Yes I do get annoyed but it's not half as annoying running out of spawn then you die, spawn, die, spawn, die... all because there is a lone sniper out there that you can't kill because his health keeps regenerating :(

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 14:46 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
You don't notice it because it has been well designed. Spawning then dying isnt related to health regeneration, nor would it's removal make that snipers life any easier or harder.

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 17:29 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
ProtectMyBalls wrote:
You don't notice it because it has been well designed. Spawning then dying isnt related to health regeneration, nor would it's removal make that snipers life any easier or harder.
I lolled.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 17:37 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
You lolled at...?

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 17:47 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Crovax20 wrote:
ProtectMyBalls wrote:
I lolled.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 17:52 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Well, I think I have had my RDA of exposure to a TINY LITTLE DINOSAUR ARMS today.

de 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 18:21 
Crap at posting (25)
It's not like you can't stop the regenerative Health system kicking in...

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 18:31 
Has no REAL life! (2359)
Well, I think I have had my RDA of exposure to a TINY LITTLE DINOSAUR ARMS today.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 19:42 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
hmmm, got a pretty good idea what you can do with your pie charts.

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 19:57 
Has no REAL life! (2359)

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 20:30 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Oh shit, I feel awful now :< sorry if I said anything mean, I really didn't realise but someone has told me in private.

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 20:38 
Has no REAL life! (2359)

ee 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 20:48 
Likes to type... (233)
That piechart should really include an images section it seems.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 20:54 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
matude wrote:
That piechart should really include an images section it seems.
And a section for crovax diarrhea

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 21:11 
Has no REAL life! (2359)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next