Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:37

All times are UTC+02:00

no 
 Post subject: Sound vs Mumble
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 17:10 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
So, ill just copy/paste from my conversation with SaintK as i have no better way of explaining it :P

i have some mumble problems. i've experienced sound being lowered alot for bf3 from the windows sound setting.
i was inside those options once when i was on mumble, and saw that when ppl talked in mumble, many programs sound' went up and down.
now, i thought maybe that when the game crashed, so kind of did the sound, and stayed at low volume.
its hard to explain

Sooooo, SaintK had this problem before but dont recall where this option was, either if it was in Mumble itself, or if it was a windows feature. nebody?

gb 
 Post subject: Re: Sound vs Mumble
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 18:23 
The one and only (619)
I can help ye!
Go to your taskbar and right click on the Windows Default Sound Icon and click sounds then go to the communications tab and click Do Nothing.
Then Hey Presto! all sound should be ok! (but check the Volume Mixer just in case)

Edit: Oh! and go into the Mumble settings click advanced in the bottom left then go to audio output and uncheck the "while other users talk" and "while you talk" boxes.

Hope that helped!

no 
 Post subject: Re: Sound vs Mumble
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 18:32 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
awsome. it might just look like its working. it was the mumble option i had to uncheck.

thanks alot! hope the gamesound wont be set to low volume while playing now.