Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:13

All times are UTC+02:00

au 
 Post subject: Re: SpA Hunger Games??
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 15:03 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Factions is not involved in this - why do you think it is? Factions is a specific thing for Bedlam and in no way related to this idea. This will likely be located in Hub as it is the only map with space.

The idea of a ruined city sounds like a good idea (and a good building project for us) and having people fight over resources is fine but what stops the first player who find s the resources from taking all of them?
Yeah about the factions, that was just an idea. Anyway, what stops the first players who finds the resources from taking all of them? Nothing. Basiclly who ever gets there first gets the reward. BUT, keep in-mind this 'reward' will be very simple and nothing major, we're talking about things like iron swords, flint and 2 pieces of cooked chicken. Also, if a player takes the items from the chest, then it'll but a greater bounty on the player because of the important tools and weapons they're carrying.
Halexboom88 wrote:
We need games makers. Who will play as these? Op+ or SupOp+ ?

Because wit this we can cause major things to happen. Setting trees and fire to force people into areas to kill each other, just like the movie! :) or someone using Thor can attack people, and a wild pack of angry wolfs can do the trick sometimes :) I wanna e a games maker. As they are total ass holes :D
Yes, I suggest, supops can do most of the building and also work along side with the ops to terrorize the contestants. We can get Howard to world-edit in the forest, or supops can just plant saplings everywhere -_- . We can have supops spawn in large packs of angry wolves or blazes. And we can have ops causing bushfires and damaging players who are attempting to camp or run away from other players.

us 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 15:15 
Doesn't get out much (374)
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Factions is not involved in this - why do you think it is? Factions is a specific thing for Bedlam and in no way related to this idea. This will likely be located in Hub as it is the only map with space.

The idea of a ruined city sounds like a good idea (and a good building project for us) and having people fight over resources is fine but what stops the first player who find s the resources from taking all of them?
Yeah about the factions, that was just an idea. Anyway, what stops the first players who finds the resources from taking all of them? Nothing. Basiclly who ever gets there first gets the reward. BUT, keep in-mind this 'reward' will be very simple and nothing major, we're talking about things like iron swords, flint and 2 pieces of cooked chicken. Also, if a player takes the items from the chest, then it'll but a greater bounty on the player because of the important tools and weapons they're carrying.
Halexboom88 wrote:

Because wit this we can cause major things to happen. Setting trees and fire to force people into areas to kill each other, just like the movie! :) or someone using Thor can attack people, and a wild pack of angry wolfs can do the trick sometimes :) I wanna e a games maker. As they are total ass holes :D
Yes, I suggest, supops can do most of the building and also work along side with the ops to terrorize the contestants. We can get Howard to world-edit in the forest, or supops can just plant saplings everywhere -_- . We can have supops spawn in large packs of angry wolves or blazes. And we can have ops causing bushfires and damaging players who are attempting to camp or run away from other players.
I like your thinking on this as terrorizing players would be fun but if we need to get people into districts we can get them to either pick who they want to be with (but that's no fun) as teams of the strongest people will form but if we want careers into our games that is the way to go. The counter-part to this is we can use a team generator and I or whoever can insert the 24 lucky people into it and BAM, we have our teams.

Blazes would be a good touch as I never thought of them, a wild pack of ghasts would add a nice touch aswell. For when people die most people know that a cannon fires, I have seen from other people who have done it on there server that when they die the server sends a *Cannon Fires* message but we can either do this with the /broadcast command and have one person in command of it or we could try to find that rare plugin if there is one but I doubt that we will go with a plugin in it. I have more ideas :)

Edit: *My 100th post :D*

Saintk: Bet those people are americans
Howard: Course they are american; one big religious nuthouse

au 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 16:26 
Has learned to write! (179)
Okay just throwing some ideas out there,

The ideas of Ancient Ruins, Love it. A Forest would be a perfect place to uild stuff, Since trees could hide ruins and such. I watched the video (See heldplayers post) and well, Redstone and chests and caves, I kinda like the idea.

But the way it was set out in the map is way too easy. I was thinking, A lever unlocks a set of pistons holding a chest, Inside the chest could be a stick or some wheat. Then to crafts *insert item name* you will have to find a crafting table, Like in the middle of a tree (2nd block up in the trunk) or so on. The only way really of moniteration will be, Ops following players. Making sure that players dont reset their faction sethome, So when they die they respawn outside of the glass dome.

Maybe someone could make a spectation plugin for the hunger games arena? (maybe one of our own players, i.e mbl111 or heldplayer *im not to sure on coders =/ ) So that when the Hunger Games Minecraft competitors (Names will be added by ops) Can use a command so that they go invisible and can not destroy/place/give out items or take items from other players, and fly inside arena But only the arena. Ops+ Will have a special command to add the dead players to the list so that they can use the spectate command. The list will be wiped at the end of the games.

I was thinking that this arena be off the dynamap, Since it will give a unfair advantage over those who don't know about it. And also If a player tabs out of the game to access the map, they will be open to attack. Or if they use a ipod/phone/other PC that will definatly give a unfair advantage.

The spawn of the Hunger Games will be tricky. As ive read, but forgot to Quote, The players will attack each other at the start, or run away. The hard thing will be is that if there arent alot of OPs online or not willing to Spectate, Players will start disobeying the set rules for the Games.

Anyways, Ive said my mind on this, Discuss! For the better of the Planet!

EDIT: This info might be old since i didnt refresh my page all day... =/

us 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 16:41 
Jonesy-1816 wrote:
The only way really of moniteration will be, Ops following players. Making sure that players dont reset their faction sethome, So when they die they respawn outside of the glass dome.
Silly ops can already go into vanish mode and when we are in vanish mode we cant place and blocks or pick up any. :ugly:
Jonesy-1816 wrote:
I was thinking that this arena be off the dynamap, Since it will give a unfair advantage over those who don't know about it. And also If a player tabs out of the game to access the map, they will be open to attack. Or if they use a ipod/phone/other PC that will definatly give a unfair advantage.
This is true, Dynmap wouldgive an unfair advantage to the rest of the players... And also Jonesy there is no factions :P
Jonesy-1816 wrote:
The spawn of the Hunger Games will be tricky. As ive read, but forgot to Quote, The players will attack each other at the start, or run away. The hard thing will be is that if there arent alot of OPs online or not willing to Spectate, Players will start disobeying the set rules for the Games.
For this I was thinking that we could get our 'Tributes' To rise out of the ground somehow using pistons? If in some way that is possible as tping them all to one place would be sure hell. And as far as ops go I say that we only need a few determined ones who will be on at once for this to work..

My next issue would be is how would we get all these people on to play at once... as i feel like only 12 of the 24 will actually come online.. If need be and if we dont get enough people ion we can shrink the number of districts down from 12 to 6?

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 16:46 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Halexboom88 wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

Let me put the brakes on this too. We cannot have SupOps standing about all day, refereeing a game. These games could realistically go on for some time and I am not having the admin staff tied up in them all day.
Everything that happens in this need to be automated. Now that still leaves us with a lot of options. We have Heldstone and Falsebook available to us. Both of these plugins can be made to change massive amounts of things, completely automatically.

Factions, homes and so on will not play a part in this either. I think what we would have to do is create a new rank that you are shifted into when you agree to play the game. You would abandon all your kit at your build and be brought into the "arena" for the duration of the games or until you die. I'll talk with our plugin makers about this and see what we can do.

us 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 16:55 
Quote:
I think what we would have to do is create a new rank that you are shifted into when you agree to play the game. You would abandon all your kit at your build and be brought into the "arena" for the duration of the games or until you die. I'll talk with our plugin makers about this and see what we can do.

New rank = [Tr] ? For Tribute :) I cant think of any other better letters for a new rank i would have said [T] but we have that one in use :/

au 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 17:10 
Has learned to write! (179)
Halexboom88 wrote:
Quote:
I think what we would have to do is create a new rank that you are shifted into when you agree to play the game. You would abandon all your kit at your build and be brought into the "arena" for the duration of the games or until you die. I'll talk with our plugin makers about this and see what we can do.

New rank = [Tr] ? For Tribute :) I cant think of any other better letters for a new rank i would have said [T] but we have that one in use :/
Im not sure Halex, making a new rank when you join the games would be hard, (Im not good with Minecraft and plugins stuff) But typing i.e "/games join" Which will clear your inventory and add it to a Bank of sorts, While also moving you and blocking your home and faction home Then ontop of that changing your rank, So [Tr] Then making sure it changes back to the correct rank and on the same block and resetting your inventory when you leave games. It would take forever to code.

Anyways, im not a coder, but i personally think it would be hard to make. Since ranks are Guest, Registered, Member and Veterans that would mostlikely playing it, since OP+ will have mods and commands, Resetting ranks would be hard.

Anyways, Discuss on this.

us 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 17:38 
Howard was the one Who said we could implement a new rank I was saying what it could look like, and plus I think it would be a lot better if people jus put there stuff in a certain area where locked chests are allowed like before you go into the Arena or something. But this isn't up to me Im just suggesting ideas.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 18:02 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I don't think any additional plugins or ranks will be required, or any op+ supervision. The pvparena plugin should cover everything. You can toggle hunger that will be seperate to the hunger you joined with, you can join from anywhere on the map, it will empty your inventory when you join the arena, and then replace whatever you found in the arena with your original inventory when you leave it, it will even preserve your xp.

The only thing I don't think it can do is teleport back to where you were before you joined, it puts you in a spectating spot, but even then you can just use /home. It will even allow you to set randomized free for all spawns, and give us the option to allow lives. It wouldn't need setting up, the players who want to fight just have to type something like /pa hungergame and the plugin takes it from there, ops or no ops.

Edit: I don't know if pvparena can reset the map and the items in chests, but I have a feeling it could, it does have an option for restore I just haven't checked how it works.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 20:55 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
I don't think any additional plugins or ranks will be required, or any op+ supervision. The pvparena plugin should cover everything. You can toggle hunger that will be seperate to the hunger you joined with, you can join from anywhere on the map, it will empty your inventory when you join the arena, and then replace whatever you found in the arena with your original inventory when you leave it, it will even preserve your xp.

The only thing I don't think it can do is teleport back to where you were before you joined, it puts you in a spectating spot, but even then you can just use /home. It will even allow you to set randomized free for all spawns, and give us the option to allow lives. It wouldn't need setting up, the players who want to fight just have to type something like /pa hungergame and the plugin takes it from there, ops or no ops.

Edit: I don't know if pvparena can reset the map and the items in chests, but I have a feeling it could, it does have an option for restore I just haven't checked how it works.
Yeah I am wondering if PVPArena can do everything we need. mbl and I are throwing some ideas around. Ideally I would like there to be more features that pvparena currently has and mbl seems to think he can write what I have asked for easily enough. The main issue is timers as you don;t want these games starting when players ask for them which I believe is how PvPArena works.

What we would ideally want is the following:
- An blocked of section of land that is set aside for the games (A Theme zone maybe up to 1000x1000 would be ideal)
- A timer that counts down the time until the next games (they could happen twice a week?)
- Those who want to play would type in a command and get added to the next game. When the game is due to start, those that have signed up and are online would be teleported to the arena (it is the Tribute's job to make sure their backpack is empty as they will lose ALL items and equipment), changed to the Tribute rank and frozen around the start area.
- With all Tributes in place and frozen, a short countdown commences until the players are released. The start area has a few chests in with a few items. After a few minutes, the start area will close, the chests vanish and all players will be driven out.
- The map will be filled with different areas - jungles, snow biomes, cities - and chests and workbenches will be scattered throughout. The best items will be farthest away from spawn.
- The games are timed and every period (length to be decided) the map would shrink, driving the players closer into the centre with fire/lava/whatever.
- Those killed are turned back into the old rank (it is recorded as you enter) and teleported to their home
- The winner is the last one alive and they shall receive the prize
- Reset the timers and start over.

Sound good?

us 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 21:46 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
What we would ideally want is the following:
- An blocked of section of land that is set aside for the games (A Theme zone maybe up to 1000x1000 would be ideal)
- A timer that counts down the time until the next games (they could happen twice a week?)
- Those who want to play would type in a command and get added to the next game. When the game is due to start, those that have signed up and are online would be teleported to the arena (it is the Tribute's job to make sure their backpack is empty as they will lose ALL items and equipment), changed to the Tribute rank and frozen around the start area.
- With all Tributes in place and frozen, a short countdown commences until the players are released. The start area has a few chests in with a few items. After a few minutes, the start area will close, the chests vanish and all players will be driven out.
- The map will be filled with different areas - jungles, snow biomes, cities - and chests and workbenches will be scattered throughout. The best items will be farthest away from spawn.
- The games are timed and every period (length to be decided) the map would shrink, driving the players closer into the centre with fire/lava/whatever.
- Those killed are turned back into the old rank (it is recorded as you enter) and teleported to their home
- The winner is the last one alive and they shall receive the prize
- Reset the timers and start over.

Sound good?
That sir, is the only thing that this thread, as i see, has accomplished.
Great plan, now, can PVPArena do that(not having looked at the plugin), along with HeldStone and Falsebook. I can't see a point in coding another plugin tbh, we tend to have a steady stream of bugs with our plugins(which all plugins do in early stages) but i'd rather use a plugin that is already built up and mostly bug free.
The major point of this as i see it is to draw a few more members in, if we don't take any action now, the hype will die down, and only our current users will be playing.

us 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 21:47 
Geek (839)
What about Gamemakers? I would gladly be one. ^_^

us 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 22:57 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Everything that happens in this need to be automated.
I don't see a need for someone to make the games if its all automatic, with no referees needed. :P

us 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 23:01 
Geek (839)
bubbajim3 wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Everything that happens in this need to be automated.
I don't see a need for someone to make the games if its all automatic, with no referees needed. :P
I was thinking like one of those guys that place wolves, and catch things on fire >:D

ca 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 23:57 
Different sets of prizes each week for the winner? And we can switch the auto announcer to announce of how to join?

au 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 01:19 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
Ok it seems the Pvparena plugin can do alot of what we're asking. As Howard was saying, when players join they're given a new rank ( [TR] ), now using this new rank, we can put permissions and certain restrictions onto it. Like I was thinking we could make the new TR rank have the following permissions/restrictions:
- Unable to destroy or place blocks
- Unable to use /home /f home or /spawn
- Unable to leave the arena (until they're dead or logout)
- Unable to use hacks (only if a op+ would like to participate)
- Unable to spawn items in (only if a op+ would like to participate)
- Unable to use /tp /bring or /openinv (only if a op+ would like to participate)
- Unable to use god mode (only if a op+ would like to participate)
(the last four where probobly the most obvious).

Now, as I said before we can have op+ adjusting the games, spawning stuff in, setting bushfires ect... But like how Howard said we can't be standing around doing this all day, so if we have an 'automated system' in place then that means ops can stop and start refereeing the game when ever they like.

As I've been reading through your posts guys, it seems you don't like the idea of the contestants being able to 'cheat' using dynmap. I honestly can find a problem with this, guys, if the arena is like 1000 blocks by 1000 blocks, then The players shall be bumping into each once a week. But if we have dynmap, then players can more easily stalk eachother and kill eachother more often.

I also like what Howard said about have better tools further away from spawn. But, we mustent make these tools to strong or damaging, I'm talking about including things like diamond and iron armor, no matter what I would hate to see diamond equipment of anykind in the game, iron should be the max! And this defiantly mean no enchanted weapons or armour!

Btw. I'm thinking we should have around 1 game per week? And this can be held on weekends so that more players can participate. Also I'm thinking, if the 'arena battle' goes longer than, let's say 4 hours? Then every contestant could be brought into a smaller arena and have the winner be decided there. (Maybe a 25x25 cage, deathmatch?).

Anyway those are my thoughts, discuss..!

us 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 01:55 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
One more question, does the arena get "auto-reset" after its done? If we're setting traps and fires and lava, the terrain is surely gonna get destoryed.

us 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 03:56 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
bubbajim3 wrote:
One more question, does the arena get "auto-reset" after its done? If we're setting traps and fires and lava, the terrain is surely gonna get destoryed.
we could do a paste thing like with the arena and just reset it whenever a game is going to start.

ca 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 04:40 
If we are able to wipe Bedlam we can surly wipe The arena? plsu if the arena stays the same time after time, people will understand where the stuff is.. blah blah blah. i thin kthe arena should change each time, even if it is a pain in the ass.

us 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 13:47 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Halexboom88 wrote:
If we are able to wipe Bedlam we can surly wipe The arena? plsu if the arena stays the same time after time, people will understand where the stuff is.. blah blah blah. i thin kthe arena should change each time, even if it is a pain in the ass.
There is a difference between regening and entire world and pasting an arena.

If were doing a match once a week, we will probablly have to change it every month.

us 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 14:27 
Okay so any thing else that we need to discuss? Or do we have to wait for the go ahead? As this I am excited for.

us 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 16:41 
Geek (839)
Ok. this might not be a good idea, but it also might be. A Gamemaker rank? Only a selected few can take this, and any rank (trusted) can ba a gamemaker. These guys would have Creative mode, and can tp, place blocks, pretty much anything. Good Idea?
Edit: This is kinda like the Tribute rank, except once you enter the arena, youd have to be promoted by a higher rank; this would make you GM..

us 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 16:55 
Pretty useless (77)
I call Katniss!!! Lol jk. I love what this isand i just read the first two books so I say yes!!! I would like to help set it up, too. I am a great builder once I have a mental picture of what I'm doing and I'll be a tribute or a gamemaker if you guys need one.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 18:37 
Has learned to write! (209)
The gamemaker idea is nice but would be abused i'm sure.
Maybe people could give items into the arena (if there was glass on top or something they could drop it in holes, i don't know) but then people would be dropping things in that they actually owned. Would prevent abuse. But then the games may be shorter and less fun/fair.k

[01:44]aaanythiNG:I just donatedto SpA
[01:44]aaanythiNG:Because I love Jam
[01:45]Tigerdragon180:i love you in a non gay way jam
[01:45]GreatBuilder3:i love you in a gay way jam
Jawz13:P.S I Love Jam

us 
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 22:36 
Geek (839)
Jam ezzz wrote:
The gamemaker idea is nice but would be abused i'm sure.
Maybe people could give items into the arena (if there was glass on top or something they could drop it in holes, i don't know) but then people would be dropping things in that they actually owned. Would prevent abuse. But then the games may be shorter and less fun/fair.k
These Gamemakers would only be people that woul be trusted, and wouldn't abuse. Also they would only be needed to cause fires(to lure players together), and to make random mobs. (as there is in the movie.) :5:

be 
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2012, 00:11 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
However, these so called 'gamemasters' should also take care when doing those things because in the video I sent, it gets a little out of hand (last episode)

us 
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2012, 01:23 
Geek (839)
heldplayer wrote:
However, these so called 'gamemasters' should also take care when doing those things because in the video I sent, it gets a little out of hand (last episode)
Oh yes....

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2012, 02:21 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
And yet again I have to do this: wind your necks in. There will be no "gamesmasters". This idea will be completely automated or not happen at all. Its as if I wrote that further up the thread or something... :roll:

us 
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2012, 02:51 
Geek (839)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
And yet again I have to do this: wind your necks in. There will be no "gamesmasters". This idea will be completely automated or not happen at all. Its as if I wrote that further up the thread or something... :roll:
Oh. Ok. :57

ae 
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 16:16 
Illiterate (1)
Hey guys, Abu here. First post. Gonna try get into detail, but not a lot. I support both ideas, and gonna give ideas for both.

Hunger Games Arena: Since I joined the game last day and saw everybody talking about it, I got a small group of friends. Since then, I had ideas for it.
1.) Speaking bout the spawn, there should be a position for each player, or group of people, with a piston to be lifted up and some chests containing weak armor, weak swords, and some supplies and food. About building, I don't think it is a good idea as people might just pile up dirt and camp flying there and people won't be able to get him.
2.) The arena should be a pine tree forest area, maybe (giving idea) in the Leo's castle res, as it is a huge res with an incredibly big pine forest in which a small area can be cut off.
3.) Traps can be put around the map, ex.: Spider webs, land mines, secret dispensers containing a variety of items, etc. Now, if the player stays in a single place for a certain amount of time, ex.: 1 minute, an Op+ would have to "get him out of there" by putting things such as fire or dangerous items, or attacking him.
Forgot some right now, silly me, sorry! More ideas soon when I get some kind of response ^.^

Town war:
This is also a really good idea. It would be nice if it was in the desert or something and some houses were ruined, there were fires by the "heat" or explosions, etc. Maybe it would have spawners near the ground so at night zombies would come out and start attacking you to death, and so you gotta get out of that house, run to another one and have an encounter with an enemy :P

Those are some of my ideas, more coming soon, see ya!

-Abu :18

*EDIT* Howard, or anybody else, sorry I'm late posting this ^.^