Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:28

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
 Post subject: SpA Hunger Games??
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 02:47 
Geek (839)
Ok, so this will probably get turned down before you finish even reading it, but what do you guys think of hosting a "SpA Hunger Games" Server?? I could help run it, or be a "Gamemaker". We could have sign-ups, to have a full 24 game. We could decide rules, (Such as no destroying blocks, or hax...). The sign-ups could be 2 people from each District, 1-12. Once one game is full, The sign-ups for the next one would start. There could be random Chests throughout the map, and the map could have certain plugins, for the "Arena" area.(Ex. 750x750) I figured this could get SpA alot more popularity, since it is hard to find a GOOD, surival/pvp/hunger games server. Please Discuss! :4

Last edited by Arbogeddon on 02 Aug 2012, 01:09, edited 2 times in total.

gb 
 Post subject: Re: SpA Hunger Games??
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 02:54 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Haven't seen the film or read the book, but if this basically getting people to run around a city finding wepaons and killing each other then that sounds good, not sure it would be a lasting thing though.

us 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 02:55 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
We could run it on a temp server...

us 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 02:56 
Geek (839)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
not sure it would be a lasting thing though.
True... If it just doesnt work, or we dont get the funding, then we can just shut it down.

us 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 02:57 
Geek (839)
awesomefriends56 wrote:
We could run it on a temp server...
Right. We can try it.. If It goes great, we can Produce it larger. If not.. well, shut it down

nz 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 02:57 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (16)
Love the idea,

But as I said ingame there is already an SMP map called "Survival Games" (I think). it is completely based around the Hunger Games of what I know of.

Hope this helped-
Arcan

Arcan_Fire: lol

Xesdra: YOU'RE WRONG!

Some guest: sorry..

us 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 02:59 
Geek (839)
Arcan_fire wrote:
Love the idea,

But as I said ingame there is already an SMP map called "Survival Games" (I think). it is completely based around the Hunger Games of what I know of.

Hope this helped-
Arcan
Arbogeddon wrote:
Edit Again: This would be a seperate IP if possible..
hehe..

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 03:04 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Doubt it would need it's own server, it could be built in the hub, as if you want a whole map for pvp, the new bedlam with factions would sort of fill that role.

us 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 03:11 
Geek (839)
Well, Let me give you a quick review of the hunger games. The Hunger Games is a big tournament that the governament takes 2 children from each district, (state) A boy and a girl. All together there are a total of 24 Children. These children are then sent into an arena, to fight for the death. >:D There CAN be teams, and there can not be. At the start of the tourny, each person is lined up in a circular format around the cornocopia (Prizes, weapons, food, Shelter...etc.). There is a countdown, and then the participants are released to fight for the treasures, or to run. The tourney will continue until the final person stands; which is then delclared the winner.

au 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 06:29 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
Ok let me just start off with this, I watched the movie just yesterday, its f*cking awesome. And this would be a great Idea. I suggest we have this held in bedlam, in a 250x250 res size. I can build the most of the arena a-long side with who ever wants to help (I have about of experiance in building Pvp maps and other maps based of TF2 and MW2).

I also would think we would need to have this all res'd and have building and destroying turned off. We should have the difficulty set to hard/hardcore so that you can actually die from hunger. Also, we should keep in mind the (build it close if not exactly) like the movie.

Now, about the '24 participant rule' I suggest we remove this and allow as many players join as they like. I suggest all players start in the middle of the area (250x250) with about 15 chests pilled up in the middle partly filled with weapons/armour and food.

We would need block destroying turned off (DEFINATLY) otherwise participants will be contructing houses to live in. But, if block destroying is turned off, this means we can 'turn on' block placing. So that players can build a VERY SMALL shelter with VERY LITTLE amount of reasources! (They would've gathered the reasources from the middle of the map).

I suggest we turn this into a theme zone and let any player to join except for op+ (seeing as though they have godmode and other hacks). If all this is agreed and we build it, then I am quite happy to pay the winner $25,000.

I would really love to help build all this...

-BlueFlame

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 11:12 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
May I just remind you that The Hunger Games is a complete rip off of Battle Royale which was directed by Kinji Fukasaku and aired in 2000. The book was written by Koushun Takami in 2000 so that's 8 years before The Hunger Games was written.

Now I've not seen The Hunger Games and I probably won't either, but I bet it is no where near as good as Battle Royale, for one reason; the Japanese are bloody good at making movies.

I recommend you watch Battle Royale or read the book :5:

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 12:32 
Has no REAL life! (1439)
Battle Royale was excellent. Boner worthy.

But Battle Royale2 sucked balls. But still watchable.

be 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 13:01 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
I bet you watched this video and the rest is self-explanatory
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOhD4NLU ... ature=plcp[/youtube]

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 13:07 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
May I just remind you that The Hunger Games is a complete rip off of Battle Royale which was directed by Kinji Fukasaku and aired in 2000. The book was written by Koushun Takami in 2000 so that's 8 years before The Hunger Games was written.

Now I've not seen The Hunger Games and I probably won't either, but I bet it is no where near as good as Battle Royale, for one reason; the Japanese are bloody good at making movies.

I recommend you watch Battle Royale or read the book :5:
Thanks grandma. Clearly nothing inspired by anything can match up to the original... :roll:

FYI the book of BR is utter garbage and the film is only worth watching for its accidental comedic value (drinking game: take a shot every time some over wrought teenage brat unnecessarily screams another teenage brat's name: you wont last 30 minutes...).

Nonsense aside, what you are describing is just death match. You could not replicate anything like the hunger games which is all about survival. Given the starting point of the Games, the MC version would just be a bunch of people punching each other in the face right at the start. A farce would not even begin to describe it.

Not saying we would could not have a competitive combat thing but basing it off the film de jeur simply wont help anyone.

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 13:34 
Has learned to write! (182)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
the MC version would just be a bunch of people punching each other in the face right at the start.
In the video only 2 die at the start not that bad

us 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 14:22 
Doesn't get out much (374)
When the movie first came out I thought of this idea that we should have a SpA hunger games , but I didn't feel like suggesting it because I had a feeling that I would be shot down so fast that I wouldnt see it coming :(

Saintk: Bet those people are americans
Howard: Course they are american; one big religious nuthouse

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 15:48 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
May I just remind you that The Hunger Games is a complete rip off of Battle Royale which was directed by Kinji Fukasaku and aired in 2000.
Don't be ridiculous anna, if it aint american it aint worth watching and needs remake no matter how excellent the film is :ugly:

See The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo..

us 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 16:08 
Geek (839)
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
Ok let me just start off with this, I watched the movie just yesterday, its f*cking awesome. And this would be a great Idea. I suggest we have this held in bedlam, in a 250x250 res size. I can build the most of the arena a-long side with who ever wants to help (I have about of experiance in building Pvp maps and other maps based of TF2 and MW2).

I also would think we would need to have this all res'd and have building and destroying turned off. We should have the difficulty set to hard/hardcore so that you can actually die from hunger. Also, we should keep in mind the (build it close if not exactly) like the movie.

Now, about the '24 participant rule' I suggest we remove this and allow as many players join as they like. I suggest all players start in the middle of the area (250x250) with about 15 chests pilled up in the middle partly filled with weapons/armour and food.

We would need block destroying turned off (DEFINATLY) otherwise participants will be contructing houses to live in. But, if block destroying is turned off, this means we can 'turn on' block placing. So that players can build a VERY SMALL shelter with VERY LITTLE amount of reasources! (They would've gathered the reasources from the middle of the map).

I suggest we turn this into a theme zone and let any player to join except for op+ (seeing as though they have godmode and other hacks). If all this is agreed and we build it, then I am quite happy to pay the winner $25,000.

I would really love to help build all this...

-BlueFlame
IF we get this passed, then that would be great. (I'm not in-charge, just trying to get alot of info together.
[SpA]Howard wrote:

Nonsense aside, what you are describing is just death match. You could not replicate anything like the hunger games which is all about survival. Given the starting point of the Games, the MC version would just be a bunch of people punching each other in the face right at the start. A farce would not even begin to describe it.

Not saying we would could not have a competitive combat thing but basing it off the film de jeur simply wont help anyone.
So are you saying Yes or No to this idea?

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 17:59 
Has learned to write! (209)
Would be interesting with the Faction Plugin though, especially with the fact if one person in a faction dies then the faction loses power. I mean deaths will be incredibly valuable.

I mean if there were so many factions and each had a member selected to compete in a zoned area of bedlam with walls around the sides. People had to pay an entry fee or w/e and the winning faction could get the accumulated total.

People start with nothing and have to make their weapons in a safe place they find or make at the risk of being stabbed. with signshops selling pre-made weapons at extortionate prices. and Non-Factioners could donate food, potions or any item if they wish (through an op, or strategically placed drop zones?)

Just some ideas

[01:44]aaanythiNG:I just donatedto SpA
[01:44]aaanythiNG:Because I love Jam
[01:45]Tigerdragon180:i love you in a non gay way jam
[01:45]GreatBuilder3:i love you in a gay way jam
Jawz13:P.S I Love Jam

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 18:20 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Look, the issue is about how it would run. This is Minecraft: the fighting is crap and the mods are flakey. How would it be monitored and controlled? How do we stop people leaving the zone (It cannot be a separate map or server)? How do you know who wins?

I am not saying no to this idea but I am saying no to the suggestion, You guys get all pissy and bent out of shape as you think I am being dictatorial but all I am saying is that you have not thought out your pitch. Just saying "we want the Hunger Games" makes no sense. How will it work? And I mean exactly and in detail. I agree that having a Hunger Games feature will tap into the current Zeitgeist but you need to have a workable idea, not just a slogan.

Pitch me an idea that is fully formed and I'll more than happily consider it.

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 19:00 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
I've watched some videos and they seperated the fighting grounds from the rest of the map with a giant glass wall.

Send from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk

+[[color=#0040BF]FrankyDoodle[/color]]) ah french most fucky and irritating language ever
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]opo89[/color]) french is good
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]DarkknightM45[/color]) all the french are good at is surrendering

[color=#0000FF]Freebuild[/color] [color=#FF0000]Operator[/color]
[color=#0000FF]SMP[/color] [color=#008000]Member[/color]

nl 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 20:51 
Has learned to write! (182)
yes ^giant glass wall,

and if someone dies they spawn outside it or something.

and you dont really need mods do you? if you think about it only make that wall unbreakeble and some good redstone mechanics(for the traps and fair start)

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 23:40 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Well actually there's been something I've had in mind for ages, and that would be to have a town for an arena. The town houses would have stuff like weapons, food or potions in, or even craft ingredients, but only certain houses would have the workbenches or furnaces inside for you to actually craft stuff. The layout would lure players to the centre for the most useful facilities, some mob traps if they're easy enough to setup, and obviously the town would be walled off and include certain vantage points.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 01:10 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Well actually there's been something I've had in mind for ages, and that would be to have a town for an arena. The town houses would have stuff like weapons, food or potions in, or even craft ingredients, but only certain houses would have the workbenches or furnaces inside for you to actually craft stuff. The layout would lure players to the centre for the most useful facilities, some mob traps if they're easy enough to setup, and obviously the town would be walled off and include certain vantage points.

See? Now this is the start of an idea!

Keep going. Let's make this work.

us 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 01:14 
Geek (839)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
So like, in one building, here would be a stick, and 2 iron ingots, and in another, there would be a crafting table? like that?

us 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 03:09 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
That sounds great to me! I think we should have it set up to where players start out on the edge of the city, and cannot break blocks until they get the tool that was made to break that particular block. Maybe a good idea, idk.

au 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 04:05 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
awesomefriends56 wrote:
That sounds great to me! I think we should have it set up to where players start out on the edge of the city, and cannot break blocks until they get the tool that was made to break that particular block. Maybe a good idea, idk.
Noooo... you guys arn't getting it, if we have players being able to build, destroy and mine blocks, then everyplayer will just run away from the cornocopia and go and build some huge epic castle and camp in that untill they eventually die of bored'm. We devenitly should have block placing and destroying turned off.

So gathering up what all you guys are saying, here is just me summing everything up;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have any amount of players join, these players come from 12 different factions placed in bedlam. It doesn't just have to be guest or registered playing, veterans could join a factions too. But the idea is that you must be in a faction to participate in the games (this will encourage players to join factions).

Anyway, when we have all our players they will be placed in a circular formation around a building (This'll have to be the cornocopia), in this building there will be ingrediants for swords, armour and tools (fishing rods and flint'n'steal, NOT pickaxes, shovels or axes!). There will then be a countdown (20-0 secounds), when the countdown has ended the TNT traps placed around the players will be disabled, then all the players will run into the building, grab as many items as they can. The they'll run over into a different building (this building will contain 1 crafting bench), they craft there items then they run away into the forest, or, kill as many other players as possible.

Now, before I go on any more here are my ideas about 'food', seeing as though this thing is based of "The Hunger Games" im opposed to the idea of having food in the cornocopia. But, if we must, then I suggest we have raw food (rotten flesh, raw chicken, ect..) in a few chests in the 2nd building (the building that contains the one and only crafting bench), and in this building there will be a chests full of some coal, and there will be 2 furnaces ready to use.

Basiclly I would imagine the players fighting over the crafting bench and furnaces.

After they have all there items needed then there should be a secound countdown, this countdown will countdown to a TNT explosion around the cornocopia and 2nd building. This will stop players from camping out in the cornocopia and encourage them to venture out into the unkown.
But yes, I dont quite like the idea of a TNT explosion just to scare the players away from the cornocopia, but thats the best I could think of. Suggestions?

Anyway, after all that they will venture out into a 400x400 area, what we now need to discuss is what that 'area' is... A forest? City? Volcano? I'm suggesting we have a forest as the area (this is just mainly because its based of the move :P ). But I also suggest we have a few 'ancient ruins' or temples through-out the area, in these ancient ruines there could be a crafting bench and/or furnaces. But I am agianst the idea of having a chests scattered through-out the area, because the cornocopia is supposed to be the one and only place where you can get your weapons and tools.

The entire area (400x400?) could be surrounded in a 20 block high glass wall.

Once there is only 1 player left, they'll be rewarded with $25,000.

Also might I add players can use dynmap as a map of the area and a guide as to where other players are and where those ancient temples could be.

Anyway this is all I've got, discuss...!!

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 13:42 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Factions is not involved in this - why do you think it is? Factions is a specific thing for Bedlam and in no way related to this idea. This will likely be located in Hub as it is the only map with space.

The idea of a ruined city sounds like a good idea (and a good building project for us) and having people fight over resources is fine but what stops the first player who find s the resources from taking all of them?

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 14:08 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
having people fight over resources is fine but what stops the first player who find s the resources from taking all of them?
pvparena might be able to stop people dropping items without preventing the use of chests and workbenches.

us 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 14:45 
Doesn't get out much (374)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Factions is not involved in this - why do you think it is? Factions is a specific thing for Bedlam and in no way related to this idea. This will likely be located in Hub as it is the only map with space.

The idea of a ruined city sounds like a good idea (and a good building project for us) and having people fight over resources is fine but what stops the first player who find s the resources from taking all of them?

We need games makers. Who will play as these? Op+ or SupOp+ ?

Because wit this we can cause major things to happen. Setting trees and fire to force people into areas to kill each other, just like the movie! :) or someone using Thor can attack people, and a wild pack of angry wolfs can do the trick sometimes :) I wanna e a games maker. As they are total ass holes :D

Saintk: Bet those people are americans
Howard: Course they are american; one big religious nuthouse