Although some of these thing* could be looked at for the plugins
Although some of these things* could be looked at for the plugins

ee 
 Post subject: Re: SpA Hunger Games??
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2012, 05:42 
Pretty useless (68)
Halexboom88 wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Factions is not involved in this - why do you think it is? Factions is a specific thing for Bedlam and in no way related to this idea. This will likely be located in Hub as it is the only map with space.

The idea of a ruined city sounds like a good idea (and a good building project for us) and having people fight over resources is fine but what stops the first player who find s the resources from taking all of them?

We need games makers. Who will play as these? Op+ or SupOp+ ?

Because wit this we can cause major things to happen. Setting trees and fire to force people into areas to kill each other, just like the movie! :) or someone using Thor can attack people, and a wild pack of angry wolfs can do the trick sometimes :) I wanna e a games maker. As they are total ass holes :D
A game maker doesnt have to be op+ they could just be game moded and un game moded when the games are over they would be un game moded, i only say this be cause im sure that i and other Vet+ would like to be game makers also

[10:36] <+Mack_> Howie I cant die D:
[10:36] <@Howard_s> challenge accepted...
macktastic360 was slain by SpA_Howard

au 
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2012, 10:53 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
This idea will be completely automated or not happen at all
[SpA]Howard wrote:
And yet again I have to do this: wind your necks in. There will be no "gamesmasters". This idea will be completely automated or not happen at all. Its as if I wrote that further up the thread or something... :roll:
[SpA]Howard wrote:
There will be no "gamesmasters".
[SpA]Howard wrote:
no "gamesmasters".

gb 
PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 13:53 
Crap at posting (59)
You would really need to make this a different map, looking like a big ruined city. On this map would be tunnels, chests, buildings, and a limited amount of tools/stuff to build with. Block placing would be limited to blocks you find in chests. (By dint of making none of the already placed blocks drop anything you can place, i.r. destroying a stone block leaves air only, no cobble)

There would be very limited places you can find seeds/grown food, but seeds would be placeable in hidden places (Underground lakes, small ponds in park areas, etc).

The round starts once a full group of people is assembled and lasts until everybody but one dies, be it of hunger, violence or a simple fall. Traps should also be present on the map I guess, as well as well hidden lairs. When only one is left, he gets the spoils of the map in smp if he so desires, and the map is then reset for the next round.

This would prevent things like people hiding stuff ahead of time, people having an advantage due to potions/mcmmo etc, or people pilfering the stuff and somehow smuggling it out.

Problem is the gamers would have to agree to come on every day at a certain time to make it fair, because if the survivor only survives because he spent most of the time afk/logged off, it aint fair.

So they should have to log on for two hours every day or second day on a time agreed at the start. Failure to show up three times will result in Heavenly Intervention/falling rocks/a pack of charged creepers taking care of the problem.

The reason food shouldnt be able to be planted everywhere is to prevent people from just tunneling all the way down, building a food farm and never getting back up again. Same reason for not allowing blocks to be harvested, because otherwise people would just forage for food once every 2 hours, then dig into a hidey hole and not move.

If the only placeable blocks are in chests and can only be placed once, it makes hiding a costly thing you really have to consider. Place those cobbles to save yourself and lose them forever, or try outrunning your enemy with the chance that he might catch and kill you?

Tools should be available but at a limited supply. Maybe even make them be found at places you can deduce, such as a quarry having a few picks present, the farming area giving you a supply of hoes and a limited number of seeds as well as food present/able to be planted, a small copse of trees with a few chests containing sticks and axes, some picks and supplies of coal to be either harvested with it or already in a chest. Maybe some hidey holes containing signs with messages from prior participants, containing random junk and maybe traps as well as some valuable things.

Tools should degrade fast, so that you cannot just tunnel randomly all over the map.

The more I think about it the more fun this sounds, tbh.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 15:05 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
No there will be no new map.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 15:29 
Crap at posting (59)
Meh, I kinda thought you would say no to that one Howard, but it still had to be said that it would be the most practicable way to do it. Seeing as otherwise people can cheat in all manner of ways to get some kind of advantage. ^^

Not mad that it got nipped in the bud.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 15:32 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
AndragonLea wrote:
Meh, I kinda thought you would say no to that one Howard, but it still had to be said that it would be the most practicable way to do it. Seeing as otherwise people can cheat in all manner of ways to get some kind of advantage. ^^

Not mad that it got nipped in the bud.
I've said no to it on a million separate occasions, that the worst part.

There is no need for a new map. These games will have at best 10 people in them so a 1000x1000 theme zone is MORE than enough. You have to remember that the game will likely be over quite quickly - within 2 hours easily.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 15:35 
Crap at posting (59)
Yeah, thats kind of true, too. Just thought about all the stuff we would have to alter in order to make it more "real" and wondered how to do that in the map without messing stuff up for everybody not participating.

Like, how do we prevent people from getting information via the browser map, or from friends that spectate over the same?

It would also be hard to prevent people from turtling in the map as it is now, because 4 blocks of dirt and your bare hands can make you safe for all eternity.

We might just make it a death match instead of a real "hunger game" instead, so people wont hide out because they cannot win without killing the others.

nl 
PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 16:12 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
Erm, one rule in the games is: you may not destroy blocks except leaves and mushrooms

+[[color=#0040BF]FrankyDoodle[/color]]) ah french most fucky and irritating language ever
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]opo89[/color]) french is good
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]DarkknightM45[/color]) all the french are good at is surrendering

[color=#0000FF]Freebuild[/color] [color=#FF0000]Operator[/color]
[color=#0000FF]SMP[/color] [color=#008000]Member[/color]

us 
PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 22:21 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Okay, what about making a new server for it... Maybe have the ip say mc.SpAHungerGames.net or something like that. It would have a limit on how often you could play games, and the map would rotate every three games. There are some servers that have a custom plugin for Hunger Games.

A new server is the only way to have it "fully automated". You would only have to have someone to start the game.

tr 
PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 22:22 
Has learned to write! (211)
It would be something like hungergames.specialattack.net, pointing to an another port.

<Mono> <PTB3> badrandsteve: ima go in smp for 8 mins then rage quit love u all
<Mono> * PTB1 * badrandsteve connected.

us 
PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 22:23 
xpmode wrote:
It would be something like hungergames.specialattack.net, pointing to an another port.
Yeah, like that. I only makes the suggestions :D

gb 
PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 11:37 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
awesomefriends56 wrote:
xpmode wrote:
Yeah, like that. I only makes the suggestions :D

Jesus. Look guys. If you are going to get involved in this discussions, then please READ WHAT HAS BEEN SAID! I am not going over the same ground time after time after time!

There will be NO new map or server. That has been STATED many times previously.

The zone in which the games play will be totally sealed off ad the contestants will be a different rank. No one will be able to dig or build in the zone and the players can easily be hidden from the Dynmap.

STOP going round in CIRCLES. At this rate it will NEVER HAPPEN

us 
PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 17:19 
Then all we would need is the plugin that sends you to the arena when the command is entered for it. It could be a modified version of the PvP arena plugin if someone wants to do that. It would make the people that join a certain rank and put them back to the rank they were when they joined when they are killed as well as send them back to thier set home.

Would that work?

us 
PostPosted: 25 May 2012, 17:36 
Pretty useless (77)
I can't believe you guys didnt add a world on the server for the hunger games map because I can't use hamachi to get on it it'll make my computer go slow as hell.

nl 
PostPosted: 25 May 2012, 21:28 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
lilbiggy25 wrote:
I can't believe you guys didnt add a world on the server for the hunger games map because I can't use hamachi to get on it it'll make my computer go slow as hell.
-_- the server cant handle another map

Sent from my GT-Si9300 using Tapatalk

+[[color=#0040BF]FrankyDoodle[/color]]) ah french most fucky and irritating language ever
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]opo89[/color]) french is good
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]DarkknightM45[/color]) all the french are good at is surrendering

[color=#0000FF]Freebuild[/color] [color=#FF0000]Operator[/color]
[color=#0000FF]SMP[/color] [color=#008000]Member[/color]

us 
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 04:31 
lilbiggy25 wrote:
Necro much? Howard has stated in the past that we WILL NOT make another map for the Hunger Games...

gb 
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 07:28 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
just give up on the idea this isnt what spa are looking for if we did implement it it would have like 5 people on it and then it would be repeptitive and boring so there is no point the hype of the movie has gone down and so has the gamemode so thats that

au 
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 09:57 
Nerdish, tbh. (438)
ells551 wrote:
just give up on the idea this isnt what spa are looking for if we did implement it it would have like 5 people on it and then it would be repeptitive and boring so there is no point the hype of the movie has gone down and so has the gamemode so thats that
I agree lets make an Avengers map instead :ugly: *Nerd-snort-laugh*

gb 
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 21:55 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
_BlueFlame_ wrote:
ells551 wrote:
no batman map of course :mrgreen:

us 
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 23:21 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
ells551 wrote:
_BlueFlame_ wrote:

How about Stargate? :ugly:

Meh. Haven't seen Da Hunger Gaymes, but I don't like this idea anyway. From what I've been able to gather, it's just another teen drama with unrealistic and unfitting casting. Pfft.

For the MC-adaptation - it seems it'd be a shitload of work, and definitely wouldn't be too popular. There is also the problem with AFK'ing and being logged out. Besides, how exactly ARE you going to make it FULLY automated? Hmm?

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 May 2012, 00:07 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Samiak_ wrote:
ells551 wrote:

How about Stargate? :ugly:

Meh. Haven't seen Da Hunger Gaymes, but I don't like this idea anyway. From what I've been able to gather, it's just another teen drama with unrealistic and unfitting casting. Pfft.

For the MC-adaptation - it seems it'd be a shitload of work, and definitely wouldn't be too popular. There is also the problem with AFK'ing and being logged out. Besides, how exactly ARE you going to make it FULLY automated? Hmm?
No point in asking questions about this this will never happen just like half of the ideas that have been thought up :D

au 
PostPosted: 29 May 2012, 04:13 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Well, I have had the custom plugin built for like 3 weeks now, All it would need is a 500x500 chunk of land to play in, the spawns being set and then it will run itself

fi 
PostPosted: 29 May 2012, 08:39 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
mbl111 wrote:
Well, I have had the custom plugin built for like 3 weeks now, All it would need is a 500x500 chunk of land to play in, the spawns being set and then it will run itself
Bug-free?

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 May 2012, 14:49 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
MBL you can use the area where me and fade were going to build the city build, use that for it if you want we dont plan on ever finshing it to be honest.

us 
PostPosted: 29 May 2012, 18:44 
This may be revived yet... I believe that if we can do this, and if we get advertisements out there SpA may become a lot more popular...

People LOVE playing the Survival Games, and servers flood when people know there is such on a certain server. I know from experience by participating in the Survival Games on Endain's Gaming on Twitch.TV. He would run about 5-6 matches every Friday for a month and a half I believe, and all he had to do was have an Op start the game. I placed about third my fourth try at the darn thing, even after being stuck for awhile.

Anyways, if Howie approves it, this will be fun.

au 
PostPosted: 29 May 2012, 21:53 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Cant say its 100% bug free. but i have fixed what ive found

fi 
PostPosted: 29 May 2012, 22:32 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
mbl111 wrote:
Cant say its 100% bug free. but i have fixed what ive found
So I guess there will (?) be lots of beta-testing? Maybe export a list of plugins used on SpA SMP and make a temporary server (not SpA funded) to test it out? Or have you done that already?