[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 19: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 20: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 19: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 20: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
So what do we want! - SpecialAttack.net
Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:20

All times are UTC+02:00

fi 
 Post subject: So what do we want!
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2012, 15:47 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
I can clearly see there are currently two types of servers we would want but for saving resources we'll have to stick to one.
In one hand we have the full on rpg type of server and in the other a more deathmatch type.
So what kind of gameplay are we all looking for as in what do you want to do? I will try to tailor the server to what people want to do while playing but still keep it simple enough that a new player can get in easily.
Do you want money to stay after every login?
What would you like to be able to do with money?
Should money decay over time so people wouldn't hoard money?
Lose all money to the killer on death?
Have banks were you can save your money but you cant use the money if you don't pick it up?

02:47 <@NabNab> saifon: you so sexy ;)
02:47 <+saifon> D:

gb 
 Post subject: Re: So what do we want!
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2012, 19:32 
The one and only (619)
My friend said Bicycles.. Which I agree with.
Anyway Me and my 5 friends just want, basically what it is now just with more features really, such as spawning cars at a price etc, also keeping money would be quite could but still starting off with a fair amount of cash

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2012, 21:44 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Well my idea was this really we could fuse the two ideas together so sort of like an rpg gang type thing where you can either be in a gang or not gangs pretty much fight for turf and try and rule the islands i was thinking of having 3 main gangs each with one island and then of course the police the gangs are all trying to take over eachothers islands and trying to get as many zones in their name if you can see what im saying. Each zone that they take can have a value so if there are shops and somone (maybe a normal person who doesnt want to be in a gang yet) buys from the shop then the gang get more money to spend on faster vehicles or better weapons

of course as i said you dont have to be in a gang you could be a honest citizen and pretty much play rpg style and try and make a honest living by having a job like a pizza boy or a mechanic and thats how you get money (or maybe having things like pay days every day you get payed for your job)

then you could have your dishonest citzens who side with the gangs but arnt really employed by them these people could be drug smugglers or even people like materials dealers (in other words gun smugglers), these people could sell these stuff to gangs and therefore make that gng more powerful

There could also be lawyers as well as if one of the gang members gets put in jail (maybe jail time could be 1H normal time or longer depending on what crime they have done, so that people are pushed into using lawyers) they could reduce the centence time or even get them out of the crime they have done, for a fee of course.

and then we have the police there could be certain tiers(police could be called with phones which players can buy from stores) :

Normal petrol cops: they are the first tier standard cops they respond to minor disputes and shootouts

Swat: they respond to gang wars that are happening in an area or zone

FBI: they respond to normally 2 or more areas or zones that are being taken over by gangs

of course there could be corrupt cops such as they let some gang members go for a small payment.

there are more things to clear up of course like what jobs there are for the non gang members but thats my idea so far ask any questions about it if you want and i will answer them :)

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2012, 23:24 
The one and only (619)
Would that mean me and my friends cant just jump on and fight eachother?

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 03:18 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
ZEnergy wrote:
Would that mean me and my friends cant just jump on and fight eachother?
well with the gangs i was trying to keep the dm'ing side of it for you guys but pretty much i would want it to be a dming place that would just get boring and repetative if you only just kill eachother....imo if you want that get cod but if you join a gang then you can take turf which means yes batteling for it

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 03:42 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Can't you just have arenas? When I gave the game a quick go, I went on a server that had the whole rpg thing to it, but there were also arena matches too.

fi 
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 08:32 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
But yeah the problem is that a rpg game mode will crumble when there aren't a lot of players inhabiting the islands. That's why a minimalistic rpg with gang war type game play would work in my opinion for the current server and it's populous. Also isn't doing jobs just repetitive farming?

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 11:43 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
[SpA]NabNab wrote:
But yeah the problem is that a rpg game mode will crumble when there aren't a lot of players inhabiting the islands. That's why a minimalistic rpg with gang war type game play would work in my opinion for the current server and it's populous. Also isn't doing jobs just repetitive farming?
Yes i understand that the amount of players will affect the gamemode but that willl happen with every game mode, if we keep the gamemode we have at the moment then people will leave as dm'ing just isnt fun and getting killed repitidley, well where is the fun in that at least having an rpg like game we could attract a bigger crowd to the server, a gang war type game play as i said at the beginning and as you said might work but with the 10 people we have at the moment that might work, but of course as sson as we open it up so its a public server we will get more people so it could work, and as for jobs its not just farming, if your a materials person you go buy materials you then take them to a drop off then you get the materials back to make weapons to sell for money, normally its fun because you need player interaction to sell the guns and of course you can get people who dont pay ect ect so in my opinion its not just farming money, anyway we need to find a way for people to get money and i feel jobs will be the best option to go for.

be 
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 11:59 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Can't you just have arenas? When I gave the game a quick go, I went on a server that had the whole rpg thing to it, but there were also arena matches too.
Well that's pretty much what I said take over zones but in gangs

gb 
PostPosted: 06 May 2012, 23:42 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
well this seems to of gone pretty much cold i guess nothing is happening much with it ??

gb 
PostPosted: 16 May 2012, 03:11 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
I just want to know has this idea been abandoned now or not ??

nl 
PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 11:05 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Don't worry, NabNab will be back soon

fi 
PostPosted: 18 May 2012, 18:16 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
Well I just got back from the spa meet in Amsterdam, but I am thinking of pulling the plug on this or finding someone else to keep the servers up, because I just don't have the time currently to take care of a server, work and do everything else in life :l but yeah things should be getting more calm in my life so I'll have to see what I can do.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 May 2012, 17:45 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Fair enough nab well it would be cool if it could get sorted just swap around the game mode and all that stuff :)