[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 19: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 20: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 19: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/specialattack/flags/event/listener.php on line 20: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
SMP is dying. - Page 2 - SpecialAttack.net
Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:42

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
 Post subject: Re: SMP is dying.
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 02:10 
Pretty useless (78)
gardoure wrote:
adog114 wrote:
we used to have a portal system; the tower of babel or something, it was very useful and to be quite frank i miss it, it helped people build visit and increases trade among player made cities, i think it would be cool. A suggestion would be to have only really good builds to be able to own a portal.
There would be to many portals since everyone would want to make one.
should i highlight the part that says "only really good builds to be able to own a portal"[/quote]

The portals are now /home if you didn't know that at least I think.....

[Halexboom8] ^^Cat likes those things.

pt 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 02:14 
Doesn't get out much (316)
Gardoure,
If you remember babel with the portals then you would know that it did have the most important portals in the center of it, being one to leonarks castle, another to j_mon's build if i recall well enough, and then another two that were also important, which i don't recall the names .. i guess iron city and the other i cant remember ..

Aside from that, i do agree with you when you said that portals were useful but i remember that sometimes they were a pain in the ass , this because :
- Most of the times someone wanted a portal there would have to be an admin there , meaning dondon howard or anyone on the ranks trustee or owner (i guess?)
- Portals would often break or something like that , so yet again, an admin would have to take action

The pros of the portals are as you stated the easy accessibility to other builds :)

I personally dont really want the portals and everything to go back as it was .. I personally dont really care how it changes, as long as i can enjoy playing it and that the changes made satisfy others ( and possibly me , even if i dont mind if there are no changes at all, despite knowing that there are some problems with the server as you lads previously stated )

Hope this helped somehow, I'll try and keep posting ideas if i come up with some and ask some peeps what they think that the server should improve or not. Cheers! ;)

us 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 02:15 
Crap at posting (36)
adog114 wrote:
gardoure wrote:
There would be to many portals since everyone would want to make one.
should i highlight the part that says "only really good builds to be able to own a portal"
The portals are now /home if you didn't know that at least I think.....[/quote]

from my experiences /home is used for emergencies and such, this would make it easier for people to make quick visits and not visits that r prolonged an often end up in death, in the end it would make it easier for the higher up people to hear about their complaints

us 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 02:19 
Crap at posting (36)
RoyalDestineer wrote:
Gardoure,
If you remember babel with the portals then you would know that it did have the most important portals in the center of it, being one to leonarks castle, another to j_mon's build if i recall well enough, and then another two that were also important, which i don't recall the names .. i guess iron city and the other i cant remember ..

Aside from that, i do agree with you when you said that portals were useful but i remember that sometimes they were a pain in the ass , this because :
- Most of the times someone wanted a portal there would have to be an admin there , meaning dondon howard or anyone on the ranks trustee or owner (i guess?)
- Portals would often break or something like that , so yet again, an admin would have to take action

The pros of the portals are as you stated the easy accessibility to other builds :)

I personally dont really want the portals and everything to go back as it was .. I personally dont really care how it changes, as long as i can enjoy playing it and that the changes made satisfy others ( and possibly me , even if i dont mind if there are no changes at all, despite knowing that there are some problems with the server as you lads previously stated )

Hope this helped somehow, I'll try and keep posting ideas if i come up with some and ask some peeps what they think that the server should improve or not. Cheers! ;)

easy solution: give ops+ the power for portals and hope that they are discreet enough to know if a build deserves a portal, like if it benefits others or has a market there

pt 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 02:27 
There are problems with that.. not simply do I think that placing the portals again and putting babel up and running would be a big hassle but also giving ops that type of permission isnt suited .. i think the portals should only be done by higher ups and it did work back then with only the higher ups being able to work on the portals ...
And also, babel isnt something small that can only have '' the important or large builds '' , babel is huge and as several floors, which was the main point of babel ''easy accessibility'' to other people's houses , wether it was for howards house or tomosas or roses, or anyones house.. saying that its only for the important ones would mean that youre giving a big hell of a space for just a few portals .. Thats what i think at least, i might be wrong due to being sleepy but i think im not :p Well either way im off to sleep now.. its 1:30 am here and i have to work tomorow :p Cheers!

us 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 02:31 
Crap at posting (36)
hahahaha not recreate babel exactly, just a smaller version of it

us 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 02:45 
Pretty useless (78)
gardoure wrote:
adog114 wrote:
-I think we should add "warps" to make easy for guest. It could help then get around and get to bedlam a ton of a lot easier for them to understand. Since a lot of other servers use it, and they are probably used to using it. We could keep the boats and just add the warp commands to take you to the boat's portal.

-I dont think the flying would be that great because we'd get tons of guest asking on how to fly around like they did in the res.

-I think PvP Arena or a Mob Arena would make it interesting (Even though I never seen the Hunger Games, We should add that because tons and tons of people are looking for things like that, Since it is a hit book and movie).

-Like Pizzaman said make the spawn easier for the people to understand.

- I think we should maybe make a spleef arena since it is the "official" game of Minecraft!

-I think that guest should be able to lock and res items since of most them quit because of They've been raided and/or griefed

Erm and thats all I can really think of at the moment.
we used to have a portal system; the tower of babel or something, it was very useful and to be quite frank i miss it, it helped people build visit and increases trade among player made cities, i think it would be cool. A suggestion would be to have only really good builds to be able to own a portal.
:I /home has replaced the portals

pt 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 02:54 
gardoure wrote:
hahahaha not recreate babel exactly, just a smaller version of it
Hm okok I see, but still .. well i dont know wether its a good idea or not another , as i said before , im rather neutral on this , as long as other people are satisfied with the changes I don't mind adapting to them ..
adog114 wrote:
:I /home has replaced the portals
Yes I know that /home is indeed useful but the only problem is the cooling time, i know that the cooling time is there for a reason and that is for people not to constantly spam the fuck out of /home and go wandering around every single home that they can, /home did make people somehow more aware of where they should go and how they should go to that place..
But the point that was going on here was that the portals were an easy way to travel since there was no cool down or anything like that .. plus people could block the access to their houses so that even if someone entered someone's houses uninvited he couldn't do a thing .. Now i dont know if that sounded clear enough to understand what i was trying to point out, but i do hope it was ..

Now, we need to keep suggesting other things.. we can't be stuck on portals only, we need to see what other players think would benefit to the server , what would be a good thing to remove or to add , etc etc .. Now i need to sleep, so if you'll excuse me *shuts down computer* :p Cheers! :)

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 03:05 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Well my idea at the moment (well not my idea more Howards :ugly: ) is to just swap around the spawn so you spawn in bedlem i think that would be a good start at least make an easy exit from spawn, like a bridge of such out onto the mainland, but before we move the spawn get a fresh map from bedlem as really nobody lives there and its just been griefed and burnt to hell, i think if we start with that first that would sort out the guests not knowing what there doing for a little bit at least a simple sign saying go off in this direction grief allowed all that jazz :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 03:07 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
awesomefriends56 wrote:
*cough*Survival Games*cough*
Yeah that wont do much that would just be adding more work, i think fixing the things that are already there would be best before putting anything new in that could go wrong.

us 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 03:11 
Likes to type... (229)
adog114 wrote:
-I think we should add "warps" to make easy for guest. It could help them get around and get to bedlam a ton of a lot easier for them to understand. Since a lot of other servers use it, and they are probably used to using it. We could keep the boats and just add the warp commands to take you to the boat's portal. exp: /warp bedlam and it takes you to the bedlam boats.

-I dont think the flying wouldn't be that great because we'd get tons of guest asking on how to fly around like they did in the res.

-I think PvP Arena or a Mob Arena would make it interesting (Even though I never seen the Hunger Games, We should add that because tons and tons of people are looking for things like that, Since it is a hit book and movie).

-Like Pizzaman said make the spawn easier for the people to understand.

- I think we should maybe make a spleef arena since it is the "official" game of Minecraft!

-I think that guest should be able to lock and res items since of most them quit because of They've been raided and/or griefed.

-We could advertise the server in Fb since there is some people who have the bought game who don't play on our smp server. It seems there is no connection of the two (Fb and Smp). It is hard to find our smp server unless you look through like 1,000 servers. We could add the connection between Fb (Which is easy to find and VERY Popular) and Smp (Not so much).

Erm and thats all I can really think of at the moment.
I've given up about the flying, I've recieved enough negative feedback to rule it out.

About the games, spleef and Hunger Games would be a hit, but it would seem like there are too many games if you count PvParena, Mob arena, and for the moment, we need to focus on getting the next map live for 1.3.

The guest thing is very hot topic within all of this (this might require a seperate thread), a lot of us are unsure about what to do with them.

I really like the idea about advertising in freebuild. This would probably be the best place to advertise the server. I would highly reccomend doing this :D
gardoure wrote:
The solution to this would to put more "boats" in the world. There are currently 3 (if you count Leo's). If we put a few more things won't seem so...isolated. A good amount would probably be 4-7 depending on the terrain. Right now people have built far away from each other and are pretty much evenly spaced out. More widespead transportation will bring more people together.

au 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 03:46 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Pizzaman194 wrote:
So I left, not 'cos it was all too much, but becasue I thought that I was the issue, that you lot could not come to me and talk things out with me. I picked 3 people (Spike as he was the most active and engaged and would not shut UP about all the ideas he had :lol: , Green as he is calm, methodical and highly tolerant and patient and Frimple as he is just flatly very smart and slightly batshit, giving me the "off the wall" slant :mrgreen: ) and gave them full control over the server and said I would step back as the visible leader but still bet here to run all the tech side of things. This worked great....for about 2 weeks I think? I am not sure what did or did not happen.
Well Green ended up being busy with school, Frimple has been on occasionally and Spike seems to have just disappeared.

The issue is although we have the ideas, you have the experience, you know how to run a server and we need that knowledge, whether you pass it on to someone or are there just to put in your 2 cents and then help with the implementation its up to you, although we have a team of people who know the tech stuff, and about admin-ing and with that we do an alright job, but that know how is something we are lacking at the
moment.
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Theme Zones - the single biggest failure of the server as NO ONE used them correctly
Well the 3 people that were accepting the applications went MIA, although these were a good idea we needed to tell people more about them and how they were meant to function. All that was put on the forums was how to apply for a zone most of which then got denied (for various reasons). Some were actually good ideas and we should have helped them develop it and get it working rather than just straight out saying No.
[SpA]Howard wrote:
I thought Iron City was ok too but I received nothing but negative feedback for it - literally from everyone.
Iron city was nice, but it seemed abandoned, and the same goes with the current one, with the removal of the NPC's we no longer have the guards or the people walking in the garden. I think we need to strike a common ground, something that is impressive, not too large, easy to navigate, and doesn't seem deserted. As pizza suggested earlier, the spawn should be home to an admin market, and the center of the transport system. This would also make it a more common place to visit.
[SpA]Howard wrote:
The maps are backwards. What we should have done is have everyone spawn in a start city in Bedlam then, once they were ranked, they can go explore Homestead. Would have made Bedlam far easier to find and far more active.
This is one idea that I have been thinking about for a while, when pizza and I talked about this in IRC thats when we came up with the new spawn idea. As frimple spawning players (the guest) only need to leave the spawn and go out into the bedlam world where as the other players can choose to make their way to homestead. The issue is that the guests walk out into homestead from the current spawn, despite the signs, the fact I made them spawn facing the bedlam ships they still turn and go to homestead -.-"
awesomefriends56 wrote:
*cough*Survival Games*cough*
This isnt such a bad idea. Its a very popular thing at the moment and I heard of a server that got quiet popular by hosting these things once a week for a few months and then they live streamed the event. Perhaps we could look into this as a future idea.
gardoure wrote:
and be a little bit more lenient on the ranking proccess after they get registered. like people who are on almost everyday of the week.
This is somewhat a good point, we rank people to registered and then they stay that way for a loooooong time. The idea (as I recall) was that registered was a side step for guests that showed initiative and wanted to build in hub before they got member, however a guest could be made member straight up after they had shown themselves as being a good player and not a total ass. The way though with admin ranks is that not everyone will get them (Unlike in freebuild where is seems everyone is getting mod/op). Most people will only make it to Vet.
adog114 wrote:
-I think we should add "warps" to make easy for guest. It could help them get around and get to bedlam a ton of a lot easier for them to understand. Since a lot of other servers use it, and they are probably used to using it. We could keep the boats and just add the warp commands to take you to the boat's portal. exp: /warp bedlam and it takes you to the bedlam boats.
Could be a good idea for perhaps server events (something else we should look at)
adog114 wrote:
-I think PvP Arena or a Mob Arena would make it interesting
PVP arena is in, we have only one arena however. It seems to be quiet popular even though its junco's test one. We should perhaps actually get frimples arena working, or perhaps make a few smaller ones around the map.
adog114 wrote:
We could advertise the server in Fb since there is some people who have the bought game who don't play on our smp server. It seems there is no connection of the two
Great idea, most of the derps on FB only have a free account so we should get some decent people, especially seeing that we have become overwhelmed on there lately.
gardoure wrote:
we used to have a portal system;
Yes, and it worked (sort of). Although we do have the /home command. Perhaps we change it, people need to have a warm up on /home so they dont use it to escape from pvp and then also shorten the cooldown. However /home requires you to be invited whereas the portals you could get to anyone's home and explore.

There was talk of factions being put in. I have seen that the permissions were mostly set too. but then it never got implemented. Perhaps we need to visit that again and actually have it put in.

MCMMO it seems to be ruining the economy (more or less) as people with high skills can get 10000000's of diamonds and other rares quiet easily, I propose that we customize the loot, make it special for out server and have it fit in with everything else.

Questing was an idea I had, something that would give it this aspect of adventure and variety to the server, something different to the exploring adventure and different to building/mining. Perhaps a story sort of thing could be built up (or a few smaller ones) like in skyrim.

Thats all I can remember now, I do remember having a few other bits and pieces floating around somewhere that I will need to find.

us 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 04:09 
Pretty useless (78)
[/quote=mbl] MCMMO it seems to be ruining the economy (more or less) as people with high skills can get 10000000's of diamonds and other rares quiet easily, I propose that we customize the loot, make it special for out server and have it fit in with everything else. [/quote=mbl]

I should kill you with my 100000000's of diamonds for suggesting that :D.
I think Mcmmo is a good plugin. If you want to get 1000000000's of diamonds you have to dig up a whole boime just for diamonds (and that takes time *cough cough like 10 hours or more). :I
You have to make the Ocean lack of fish to get Diamonds from that.
and theres only like 10 people who actually get diamonds from mcmmo........

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 10:08 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
- Transport. Babel was an issue for 3 reasons. 1) It was a pain to manage but again that was my issue, not yours 2) it led to grief as guests could wander to any build they liked instantly (no longer an issue) 3) it screwed up a lot of peoples PCs as most MCers have weak PCs. Something more is needed for transport (always has been - it was one of the main things I tried to push) but you have to strike a balance. Giving a portal to each player is too much but the /home command could be used in many ways to help there (it is highly configurable) but again you need to consider balance. We could let anyone /home whenever they wanted but at that point everything is cheapened. PVP becomes hit and run, trade moves faster so items get cheaper and there is (like with Babel) no point to having a big map if people just go from home to home, never seeing the bits in between.
- Arenas: Frimple's arena has a changeable floor meaning it can be all of the arenas you have covered. Again, it needs someone to manage it and it needs the PVP Arena plugin to be properly configured.
- Hunger Games. MBL was looking at this and several other plugins have sprung up that can do it plus we have the space in the Theme Zones to run it. This should have happened but with no one being on, what would be the point?
- Spawn. I think moving Spawn (where you join the server, not Spawn City) to Bedlam is just a no-brainer. A small, easy to navigate protected area that you arrive in will speed things up a LOT. I think Homestead should be for R+ and you should not even worry about it until you are those ranks.
- Bedlam. This is the biggest issue still. If Bedlam is to be what it is - a place free of rules and where griefing is still allowed - then you need to think VERY carefully before requesting big changes there. Giving people LWC to protect stuff sounds fair but you will (assuming guest number increase) end up with a map that is a mess of abandoned chests and doors, all locked that stop people from building. Adding warp would also make the place staggeringly lethal as, without protections, people would have their builds griefed instantly. Giving them Res also completely goes against the point of Bedlam. if you get to a point where you want Res in Bedlam, you no longer want bedlam and at that point we are back to having Guests griefing your builds

You have to keep a lot in mind to make any changes as all the systems are dependant on each other.

au 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 10:33 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
I think most people are in agreement that we should put the spawn in bedlem,to make it easier for new guests, i was thinking put the portal to homestead somwhere in bedlem instead of just in the spawn, meaning people would have to go through bedlem.

cz 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 10:46 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
- Transport. Babel was an issue for 3 reasons. 1) It was a pain to manage but again that was my issue, not yours 2) it led to grief as guests could wander to any build they liked instantly (no longer an issue) 3) it screwed up a lot of peoples PCs as most MCers have weak PCs. Something more is needed for transport (always has been - it was one of the main things I tried to push) but you have to strike a balance. Giving a portal to each player is too much but the /home command could be used in many ways to help there (it is highly configurable) but again you need to consider balance. We could let anyone /home whenever they wanted but at that point everything is cheapened. PVP becomes hit and run, trade moves faster so items get cheaper and there is (like with Babel) no point to having a big map if people just go from home to home, never seeing the bits in between.
- Arenas: Frimple's arena has a changeable floor meaning it can be all of the arenas you have covered. Again, it needs someone to manage it and it needs the PVP Arena plugin to be properly configured.
- Hunger Games. MBL was looking at this and several other plugins have sprung up that can do it plus we have the space in the Theme Zones to run it. This should have happened but with no one being on, what would be the point?
- Spawn. I think moving Spawn (where you join the server, not Spawn City) to Bedlam is just a no-brainer. A small, easy to navigate protected area that you arrive in will speed things up a LOT. I think Homestead should be for R+ and you should not even worry about it until you are those ranks.
- Bedlam. This is the biggest issue still. If Bedlam is to be what it is - a place free of rules and where griefing is still allowed - then you need to think VERY carefully before requesting big changes there. Giving people LWC to protect stuff sounds fair but you will (assuming guest number increase) end up with a map that is a mess of abandoned chests and doors, all locked that stop people from building. Adding warp would also make the place staggeringly lethal as, without protections, people would have their builds griefed instantly. Giving them Res also completely goes against the point of Bedlam. if you get to a point where you want Res in Bedlam, you no longer want bedlam and at that point we are back to having Guests griefing your builds

You have to keep a lot in mind to make any changes as all the systems are dependant on each other.
I know your not fond of the idea of every player having portals neither am i, so what about vets+ being able to have one for one build only ??

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 11:37 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
ells551 wrote:
I know your not fond of the idea of every player having portals neither am i, so what about vets+ being able to have one for one build only ??
But why, and why only vets?

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 11:41 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
ells551 wrote:
Because then its more of a reward as well like they get it when they become vet and it will only ever be one portal and it would mean that guests might want to stick around and try and become a vet to get a portal, of course there would be a timer on it but it would be an easy way to jump to spawn for them or whatever

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 12:04 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
ells551 wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

Because then its more of a reward as well like they get it when they become vet and it will only ever be one portal and it would mean that guests might want to stick around and try and become a vet to get a portal, of course there would be a timer on it but it would be an easy way to jump to spawn for them or whatever
Sure but a) where are all these portals going to go to and will there be room? b) vet is something you earn and shows you are a dedicated, responsible player - a lot of people will simply never get it and c) it will make every Vet's house a hub as everyone will build near them.

Also it has to be asked: why do people want to travel so much? Is it a social aspect? Its not for trading as no bugger even uses the major markets any more.

be 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 13:18 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
ells551 wrote:

Sure but a) where are all these portals going to go to and will there be room? b) vet is something you earn and shows you are a dedicated, responsible player - a lot of people will simply never get it and c) it will make every Vet's house a hub as everyone will build near them.

Also it has to be asked: why do people want to travel so much? Is it a social aspect? Its not for trading as no bugger even uses the major markets any more.
Well i see your point with people building around them so yeah i suppose having your own personal ones isnt the greatest idea, but about the major markets not many people know where they are, in the old map it was simple, right outside leos, but now nobody knows if there are any markets let alone where they are placed, if a massive player market was set up somewhere (probably using the space city was going to be) then im sure people will use it but at the moment there isnt any markets that people know of and they never use reses so they just hoard money. Also people i guess like to travel, look around and see what builds there are around the map meet new people so i guess a social side of minecraft.

us 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 18:25 
Pretty useless (78)
Well I do agree that there would be ton of locked doors and chest every where if we did allow guest to lock chests and doors.
The only problem is that these people spend hours getting stuff, just for some dick who's gonna steal it all. So of course you'd want to quit the server after that, and if they don't quit the server they'll get griefed and raided again and again and again till they quit. Some of the time it's registered who grief and raid and GET the privilege to lock their chest in homestead and keep their items safe and then they just go raid and grief bedlam. A great example of that is Mpbama (Even though hes not registered anymore). If we do let guests lock chest it could be a GREAT turn out. Less people would want to quit because they cant loss their items! Raiders would leave the server because they CANT raid on the server! Eliminating most of the dicks on the server! It would be a great thing for guests to have in my opinion!

pt 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 18:49 
Adog: the problem with that is as Howard stated.. there would be many chests left out in the middle of nowhere and this because many of the guests that come to our server are simply ''guests'', by that i mean, they come play a bit , ye its fun and all and then leave .. there's a high percentage of those type of guests .. so giving them the ability to lock chests might have some plus for them but also has a negative side of things which is basically leaving loads of chests locked from people which we do not know if they come back or not .. not only occupying space that could be used for another guest to build but simply there for nothing ..

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 19:12 
The one and only (619)
Just a question, why was the old idea scraped with the massive hallways full of portals to lead to peoples home and stuff? I thought that was awesome!

us 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 19:33 
Likes to type... (229)
ZEnergy wrote:
Just a question, why was the old idea scraped with the massive hallways full of portals to lead to peoples home and stuff? I thought that was awesome!
Because It was too easy to get around; you could practically teleport to each other's house if you were near a portal. It took away from that "survival" feeling so it was removed.
I agree with the decision thoug., Like I said to adog, there should be a portal hub with 4-7 "boats" depending on the terrain. This would put more people closer together without having a portal for each person. We currently have three if you include Leo's castle, and they are a considerable distance from each other.

us 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 20:04 
Likes to type... (229)
Frimple wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Since we are discussing ideas though, one thing does occur: The maps are backwards. What we should have done is have everyone spawn in a start city in Bedlam then, once they were ranked, they can go explore Homestead. Would have made Bedlam far easier to find and far more active.
I took me a long long time to figure that out. All the beneficial aspects of Spawn City are only of utility to experienced players who will by choice travel to there [or through there]. Spawning players need only to leave, I didn't think of that at all until this latest round of talks.

As for Iron City, I liked it but what does that say I keep liking all these spawns. Even the original dead Iron City was nice to look at.

As for: the management and actions of the triumvirate, I think we have fallen straight into a committee role with each waiting for the other to begin actions. Our decision might be wiser [in theory] but it's academic without a motivating agent forcing them into effect. Ideally that should have come from within but manifestly it did not. We all had reasons [for myself, travel, technical ignorance I still haven't fixed] but there'll always be reasons it doesn't really matter that much how valid they were.

With Howards assent/consent I/we'll set a date to conclude these discussions at which point community input will be at an end. I would invite Ops to tactfully ask the player base what they want and [dis]like. From there we would take this to a higher forum, mash the ideas together conference committee style and present a finished plan of action here. Setting dates for the completion of the server revisions I hope would be a motivating factor for their enaction. Without being to hastily arbitrary I was previously thinking this would all be done structurally by July 1st.

As usual my post kind of detoured there...
This is why I made the mumble thread (which i'm going to delete). A conference-sytle meeting was what I was looking for. A month is plenty of time to straighten things out and hopefully 1.3 is not released by then. We do need to start sorting out individual issues and solutions instead of discussing all of them at once; making seperate threads could be neccesary. So please, go ahead and do that :)

The biggest issues: Bedlam, Ranks, Transportation, Spawn, Getting stuff done :wink:
adog114 wrote:
Well I do agree that there would be ton of locked doors and chest every where if we did allow guest to lock chests and doors.
The only problem is that these people spend hours getting stuff, just for some dick who's gonna steal it all. So of course you'd want to quit the server after that, and if they don't quit the server they'll get griefed and raided again and again and again till they quit. Some of the time it's registered who grief and raid and GET the privilege to lock their chest in homestead and keep their items safe and then they just go raid and grief bedlam. A great example of that is Mpbama (Even though hes not registered anymore). If we do let guests lock chest it could be a GREAT turn out. Less people would want to quit because they cant loss their items! Raiders would leave the server because they CANT raid on the server! Eliminating most of the dicks on the server! It would be a great thing for guests to have in my opinion!
Well, the thing is, that we don't want guests to spend hours playing in Bedlam, we want them to register and become contributive players that are friendly and build nice things.
I am aware of R+ raiding in Bedlam, it just isn't right. You're right though, it isn't fair to others when the raider's stuff is safe.
But letting guests lock chests just makes it a 2nd Homestead. We need to discourage people from playing there without scaring them off the server completely, but a good balance just doesn't seem to exist...

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 20:49 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
RoyalDestineer wrote:
Adog: the problem with that is as Howard stated.. there would be many chests left out in the middle of nowhere and this because many of the guests that come to our server are simply ''guests'', by that i mean, they come play a bit , ye its fun and all and then leave .. there's a high percentage of those type of guests .. so giving them the ability to lock chests might have some plus for them but also has a negative side of things which is basically leaving loads of chests locked from people which we do not know if they come back or not .. not only occupying space that could be used for another guest to build but simply there for nothing ..
Exactly but it is also more than that. Even if LWC was restricted so you can only lock chests then it can still be used in a n abusive way. Drop a few chests in another player's house and lock them and you can fuck them up totally, stopping them building, trapping them or blocking them out of their build. Sure we can add limits to LWC (charges, quantity and so on) but all that does is stop the new guests - the people we are supposed to be helping - from actually protecting their kit. You will have added two new problems in an attempt to fix one old one.

us 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 21:47 
Pretty useless (78)
Erm :/

us 
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2012, 05:40 
Likes to type... (229)
adog114 wrote:
Please make only worthwhile posts that contribute to the conversation.
[SpA]Howard wrote:
RoyalDestineer wrote:
Exactly but it is also more than that. Even if LWC was restricted so you can only lock chests then it can still be used in a n abusive way. Drop a few chests in another player's house and lock them and you can fuck them up totally, stopping them building, trapping them or blocking them out of their build. Sure we can add limits to LWC (charges, quantity and so on) but all that does is stop the new guests - the people we are supposed to be helping - from actually protecting their kit. You will have added two new problems in an attempt to fix one old one.
I agree with both of you, but I just wanted to add that we should not be trying to make Bedlam any easier unless It completely scares people off the server.

Like I told adog, the goal is to get players that we want: That play in Homestead, play by the rules, and contribute to us as a community.

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2012, 06:40 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
Pizzaman194 wrote:
adog114 wrote:
Please make only worthwhile posts that contribute to the conversation.
I brought a rubber duck once, it wasn't yellow like all the other rubber ducks you see but a soft pastel green with white polka dots (I'm easily sold to anything involving polka dots), it had a white beak and black eyes but looked somehow mournful and lost. In a moment of what some call fellow feeling and other call empathy I lifted it from the shelf it was on carried it to the checkout in the store and paid its way into a new life. It took a pride of place in my bathroom and sometimes even in my bath,call it fancy or insanity but sometimes floating in my radox ocean the duck looked less sad, renewed and fit for purpose.

Well we know time wears on in this world, and as time wore on and the duck received the patina of age the mournful expression it once wore when we had met faded, it started to look determined. I'd sit in my bath assessing its confidence, taking queues from it where I could, trying somehow to emulate its brash air and cocky swagger. Often lacking anyone to talk to about my work days, I would tell the duck of my bosses incompetence and my managers failings, venting my worldly stresses to this rubber duck that had somehow become my closest companion.

One day, in September I think as it had that end of summer heat but slight autumnal breeze, the duck posed a simple question to me, "why must you continue to work for these people if they are incompetent?" Shocked I said "Because its easier too, job hunting is difficult and the rejection hard" it seemed to think then came from its mouth "Yes, this is the path of least resistance" then it fell once more silent. I knew it was right, so I started pulling together my portfolio, looked about for a new job and in two months had a better paid job in a new firm. I began consulting the duck on any issue I was procrastinating over or the least bit confused about. Life was good.

Eventually though its advise became more direct, on the one had sometimes it had seemed manipulative and to be free from its subtle and mesmerising suggestion was a blessing but now to be ordered by something that I'd brought at a discount in a Sale, unbearable. Yet as ever its advise proved sage and profitable; my career, social and love lives meeting, for once, in near harmony. So I went on day by day loosing any sense of agency in my life to the whims of the duck.

Until that fateful day in early July when it casually dismissed me from its presence in my own home.

I seethed rage and for the first time in my life saw red. I'd gone, meekly when it had turned me away, compliantly stepping out and closing the door behind me; lest I disturb it. Was I angry that it had ordered or that I had obeyed? No matter now, action was needed not contemplation. I rallied my self stormed upstairs and kicked open the door, splinters of wood flew around the room. I grasped the duck, carried it out of the room, for a moment thinking of that first time I held it. I pushed the nostalgia back into the deep recesses of my mind and moved with purpose. We arrived in the kitchen, the duck and I, as I left go of its beak it started to protest but in two short moves I'd plugged in and turned on my blender and was holding the duck above it. As it dropped to its doom it heard whispered.

"I'll do what I want."

us 
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2012, 08:28 
Likes to type... (229)
I see your humor, but what the hell! Really?

I'm trying to save the community from dying and you post that...come on. This is serious.