Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:10

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
 Post subject: What are the chances?
PostPosted: 23 May 2012, 17:21 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
As much as I liked normal Counter Strike I always loved the mods that people came up with more, especially the Warcraft Mod, it was always awesome.

What are the chances that will make a re-emergence in CS:GO?

Because to be honest, that and that alone will probably decide if I buy it or not :lol:

nl 
PostPosted: 23 May 2012, 17:26 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]gibboss28 wrote:
As much as I liked normal Counter Strike I always loved the mods that people came up with more, especially the Warcraft Mod, it was always awesome.

What are the chances that will make a re-emergence in CS:GO?

Because to be honest, that and that alone will probably decide if I buy it or not :lol:
Highly plausible

gb 
PostPosted: 23 May 2012, 17:46 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Well then looking forward to it. :twisted:

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2012, 20:51 
Community slut (13473)
I got war3mod to work on CS:GO :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2012, 22:41 
The one and only (619)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
I don't play CS but judging by the emotion you put its probably awesome, what is war3mod?

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2012, 23:15 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Sweeeeet!

nl 
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2012, 10:45 
Community slut (13473)
ZEnergy wrote:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
I don't play CS but judging by the emotion you put its probably awesome, what is war3mod?
Quote:
War3Source (W3S) brings the Warcraft 3 leveling style and races into the game. It is originally based on the amxmodx (AMX) version War3FT.

Each standard race has total of 16 levels, made up of 3 skills and one ultimate where each skill/ultimate can be leveled 4 times for a total of 16 levels. We pay attention to the quality of the races, not the quantity.

All races are to be "balanced" with their own unique style of game play. The last race should not be the strongest and the first race should not be the weakest.

War3Source features a modular design where races can be coded independently and loaded into the main plugin.

There are also items in W3S as there are in all Warcraft mods.

War3Source is written in SourcePawn under SourceMod, its extensible and less likely to be broken by an update.

War3Source is not WCS (warcraft-source), and do not call it or refer to it as WCS (or even just "warcraft source") for any reason. W3S and WCS are similar such as they feature the same races, but are still different in leveling strategies and race restrictions. War3Source involves more interaction between races, and has a buff/debuff system where races are expected to respect other race's buffs and debuffs.

W3S came first to the source engine, WCS came later but matured faster under the nature of ES/Python prototyping
languages but is limited in performance and features compared to W3S.

W3S was originally founded by Anthony Iacono (AKA "pimpinjuice") and is also the founder of superhero mod (SH).
Yi (Derek) Luo (AKA "Ownage | Ownz", "DarkEnergy") is the second developer of War3Source
and took over primary develpement after march 2010.