It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:31

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
 Post subject: "I am hardcore" rants
PostPosted: 22 May 2012, 18:27 
Crap at posting (45)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
ZEnergy wrote:
Being one of the younger players of this game, that sounds like more fun and requires less thinking!
It is, to be honest. The high and mighty ideals of the fan boys are ruining this. It's not an RPG, its not Sim life or Sim Apocalypse: its not sim any damn thing :lol:

Its a map, with lots of weapon drops, lots of zombies and a punt load of people to shoot. Death means nothing bar a reconnect and survival is just so much Virtual Hillwalker.

Get in there, kill shit, get killed: have fun :wink:
And the beauty of the game is, we need people with this sort of mentality playing it as it just makes the survivors experience all the more thrilling. :wink: So as much as you are down playing what Rocket has achieved, you are in fact unwillingly buying into it's core design at the same time :5:

This is day Z. This is your story.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012, 10:51 
Crap at posting (45)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Nah, I've tried all the combinations of key pressing, chanting and sacrificing of animals to make DayZ behave correctly but to no avail. Like I say, no huge issue: I just ignore Steam while I am in game
One thing I do notice is that, while Rocket is not making nay changes to the mechanics of the renderer itself, he is managing to iron in more and more graphical and GUI based issues. So very few of the issues I have with Dayz are caused by ARMA itself. Really gotta wonder what that plank is doing to be honest...
He was having to waste time implementing this wood chop mechanic to stop people moaning, so that probably delayed him from fixing actual bugs.
menju wrote:
well dougy thats wat i say in doin m8 :P
:shock: no wonder I've been walking around like a slinky dog!

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012, 11:18 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
dougy85 wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Nah, I've tried all the combinations of key pressing, chanting and sacrificing of animals to make DayZ behave correctly but to no avail. Like I say, no huge issue: I just ignore Steam while I am in game
One thing I do notice is that, while Rocket is not making nay changes to the mechanics of the renderer itself, he is managing to iron in more and more graphical and GUI based issues. So very few of the issues I have with Dayz are caused by ARMA itself. Really gotta wonder what that plank is doing to be honest...
He was having to waste time implementing this wood chop mechanic to stop people moaning, so that probably delayed him from fixing actual bugs.
Well, implementing the wood chopping involved adding an axe (although that was already in the game as a none interactive item so he didn't even do that) and the right-click option (an amendment to what was there already). There are no animation, graphics, textures or anything else that needed doing so it will have taken him considerably less time to implement that it has taken me to write this sentence. Moreover it is something that should have been added BEFORE he added finding bundles of wood in shops given that so much of this map is sodding forest. :18
He has not added anything in this mod that is in anyway connected to the renderer beside (and this is tentative at best) the Zed skins and a couple of icons to represent gear in your backpack. Every other thing that his mod uses is already part of the core ARMA so there is no excuse at all - NONE - for his mod affecting the way this game renders bar his incompetance.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012, 13:32 
Crap at posting (45)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
dougy85 wrote:

Well, implementing the wood chopping involved adding an axe (although that was already in the game as a none interactive item so he didn't even do that) and the right-click option (an amendment to what was there already). There are no animation, graphics, textures or anything else that needed doing so it will have taken him considerably less time to implement that it has taken me to write this sentence. Moreover it is something that should have been added BEFORE he added finding bundles of wood in shops given that so much of this map is sodding forest. :18
He has not added anything in this mod that is in anyway connected to the renderer beside (and this is tentative at best) the Zed skins and a couple of icons to represent gear in your backpack. Every other thing that his mod uses is already part of the core ARMA so there is no excuse at all - NONE - for his mod affecting the way this game renders bar his incompetence.
fixed incompetence for you :) I'm sure he is working on the larger bugs when he can.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012, 13:41 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
dougy85 wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

He has not added anything in this mod that is in anyway connected to the renderer beside (and this is tentative at best) the Zed skins and a couple of icons to represent gear in your backpack. Every other thing that his mod uses is already part of the core ARMA so there is no excuse at all - NONE - for his mod affecting the way this game renders bar his incompetence.
fixed incompetence for you :) I'm sure he is working on the larger bugs when he can.
Fail. :mrgreen: And no he's not. Most of the "bugs" are just issues with ARMA (which he cannot alter in any substantive way) and he has already stated (in loud, bombastic, arrogant and aggressive ways) that he has no intention of making any changes to do with balancing. What he is working on is shifting this mod to ARMA 3 and making space for the new car he will buy thanks to the increase in sales of said game.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012, 13:48 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Nono don't you guys start this again! :lol:

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012, 16:06 
Crap at posting (45)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
he has already stated (in loud, bombastic, arrogant and aggressive ways) that he has no intention of making any changes to do with balancing. What he is working on is shifting this mod to ARMA 3 and making space for the new car he will buy thanks to the increase in sales of said game.
Good, he deserves the car, and we are glad he's not going to balance it in a way that's going to make it easier.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012, 16:18 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
dougy85 wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:
he has already stated (in loud, bombastic, arrogant and aggressive ways) that he has no intention of making any changes to do with balancing. What he is working on is shifting this mod to ARMA 3 and making space for the new car he will buy thanks to the increase in sales of said game.
Good, he deserves the car, and we are glad he's not going to balance it in a way that's going to make it easier.
Yeah - just stop.

Done with listening to you and your Royal "we". I play the game too, mate and my opinion is at least as valid as yours so keep your preaching about carebears and how this mod has changed your life and touched you were only priests have reached before. If this is the way you want to debate, kindly go back to the DayZ forums where you will feel more at home, telling us all how we are doing it wrong and hardcore you all are.

Splitting this thread now as I am sick of the derailments

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012, 16:35 
Crap at posting (45)
lol whatever, that's pretty rude and a bit petty tbh.. oh well, new member's aren't important i guess...

WE are still good at the game and don't need to worry, plus you can moan all you want, the dev doesn't read your comments and luckily has no intention to ever implement them :18

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012, 17:40 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
dougy85 wrote:
lol whatever, that's pretty rude and a bit petty tbh.. oh well, new member's aren't important i guess...

WE are still good at the game and don't need to worry, plus you can moan all you want, the dev doesn't read your comments and luckily has no intention to ever implement them :18

Yeah and I am saying this for the last time: nothing I have EVER suggested goes against your precious fucking "hardcore" ethics. What I want is a game that works, you stupid, stupid man, but you cannot get that through your ten-foot thick fanboy head. I am not complaining about the difficulty (whatever that means), about the bandits, about the items, about the map, about the zeds - I am complaining about things that are broken and I am taking the piss out of Rocket as he is clearly not very talented as a coder (though I do not deny that he is trying hard) and because he posts like a total brainless ass on the forums. :20

I play the game as much as you - fact is I probably play it more than you - and the only thing I want are bug fixes and implementations of systems that make sense (as opposed to the current few that do not). But you would not know that as you are too busy blathering away about how hardcore your royal "we" is and how much you are utterly in line with Rocket's plans. I have had 10 day old characters, I have played as a survivor, as a death-matcher and as part of a team. I know how to play this game too, you patronising little tool and all I ask is for it to work as advertised. I am spending my days helping others get started in it, organising gaming sessions and assisting people on how to get it to work. It's not YOUR game, buddy o' mine, its OUR game. :18 You wanna compare murder counts? Zed kill counts? Or should we just whip it out and get a ruler? :twisted:

I've tried to be nice to you, I've tried to debate with you but you are utterly blind to any one else opinions and ideas, even to the point of making up my side of the argument so you can strut about saying how wrong I am. This is made all the more annoying by the fact that you clearly are capable of rationality but you simply choose not to use to try and score points. :?

I have no issue with how wrong you think I am as long as what you are disagreeing with is something I actually said! You can take as much offence as you like when I mock Rocket's work (though the fact that you do take offence when I insult a man you have never met speaks VOLUMES about you) but your verbatim, stock answers and blatant attempts at derailment are just daft. We have argued this every which way from Sunday and largely agreed on most things, with you even admitting the flaws of the game (like they could be denied!) but then, simply 'cos you wake up feeling feisty, you start posting utter shite like that above, bragging about how awesome you are compared to me and using something I never said as evidence. :shock: Like I say, I play the game and I like the game but it does not mean I will not debate its (massive and systemic) flaws.

Get a clue and stop telling me how to behave on a forum I run, mate. You wanna keep posting here, go nuts, but I will require you to only invent your side of a debate, not everyone else's. Post what you like, where you like, how you like but you will not be putting words in my mouth again.

au 
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2012, 16:27 
Has no REAL life! (1481)

us 
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2012, 21:39 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
I don't think I've even made howard post that much. Nice one! :P