Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:00

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
 Post subject: Spawn city
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 18:46 
Has learned to write! (152)
Ok spawn city was a great idea but there is no good way to get there!!!! yes the boats are good if u know where they are....and seeing how thats now the only way to get to the market im thinking maaayyybbbee we could do something about this...

i have 2 suggestions here...

1.) we make a command to take you to the spawn that everyone can use

2.) we have someone use an alt account to make a "set home" in spawn city...make it public...and place signs saying thats how to get there...

i've been useing /home jam to get to the market but seeing how that will no longer work im cut off from the market until i find where the ship is in hub. I believe this blank home idea would be a temporary fix to our problem so people can actualy get to spawn city in a resonable way.

us 
 Post subject: Re: Spawn city
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 19:33 
also as to the people saying "use dynamp to find the airship" well dynamp seems to be out right now so we r kinda screwed there...im literaly stranded with no way to spawn city

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 21:15 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
We have the spawn command but it is disabled and with very good reason. Also Guests cannot use /home in Hub...

us 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 22:27 
howard would you mind clarifying what you mean by "with very good reason"...im sure it is a good reason but i have no clue what the reason is, also even if its something only R+ can do i think its better than nothing.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 00:06 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Well the reason is because then people will just spam the heck out of /spawn and will get out of fights and just wont ever use their own legs to walk anywhere and of course some other reasons

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 00:15 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
ells551 wrote:
Well the reason is because then people will just spam the heck out of /spawn and will get out of fights and just wont ever use their own legs to walk anywhere and of course some other reasons
Largely this yes. /spawn and /home are barred in hub for guests so they cannot get out of the spawn bowl. /spawn is barred for everyone else because it destroys trade and, as ells says, can be used to fuck about in PVP.

This is the issue - no one thinks things through. You think its a pain to have to walk but you are not thinking how much of a pain it would be if everyone can TP about the place.

As I keep saying though, even though I disagree totally with the way this poll is going, its your server and I'll set it up how you all want. I can only point the issues - you lot have to live with them.

us 
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 01:34 
figures...the few spoil it for the many...oh well i gusse we can live with it if dynamap ever comes back ill figure out how to get to spawn city

au 
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 04:20 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
ells551 wrote:
Largely this yes. /spawn and /home are barred in hub for guests so they cannot get out of the spawn bowl. /spawn is barred for everyone else because it destroys trade and, as ells says, can be used to fuck about in PVP.

This is the issue - no one thinks things through. You think its a pain to have to walk but you are not thinking how much of a pain it would be if everyone can TP about the place.

As I keep saying though, even though I disagree totally with the way this poll is going, its your server and I'll set it up how you all want. I can only point the issues - you lot have to live with them.
Wouldn't it be possible to make a few locations (specific res's or areas) where /spawn is available?

edit: err nevermind, that's overcomplicating things, how about simple portals to spawn from relatively far-away places?

us 
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 07:55 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
I would love to see some way to get back to the spawn point, even if the command had a 24hr+ cooldown peroid. If I am not mistaken, spawn is in a giant bowl that prevents people from getting to it.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 08:52 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
awesomefriends56 wrote:
I would love to see some way to get back to the spawn point, even if the command had a 24hr+ cooldown peroid. If I am not mistaken, spawn is in a giant bowl that prevents people from getting to it.
No, spawn is beneath the bowl where you are telported after accepting the rules.
TPs and the /spawn command are very useful things and if anyone can work out a way to balance them I am more than happy to reactivate them. I'd love for people to be able to get around as they like but with the complexity of the guest system we have and with the danger of TP abuse, i just don't see a way. Keep trying though - I am all ears. :D

As to Dynmap - how long has this been down? This si the first I have heard of it! :shock:

se 
 Post subject: Spawn city
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 10:55 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
As to Dynmap - how long has this been down? This si the first I have heard of it! :shock:
The last couple of days it has apparently not worked properly some times and once it stopped the server from shutting down. (as in got stuck on disabling dynmap)

us 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2012, 00:21 
Likes to type... (229)
Tiger had a really good idea with the alt account and making a public home. I had that same idea just the other day.
1. Make the server private.
2. Set to offline mode
3. Log on with an account named "spawn"
4. /sethome at the spawn
5. Make the home public
6. Make the server public again.

And voila! An effective but unconventional way of making a warp to spawn available to everybody with the same limits of /home!

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2012, 02:24 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Pizzaman194 wrote:
Tiger had a really good idea with the alt account and making a public home. I had that same idea just the other day.
1. Make the server private.
2. Set to offline mode
3. Log on with an account named "spawn"
4. /sethome at the spawn
5. Make the home public
6. Make the server public again.

And voila! An effective but unconventional way of making a warp to spawn available to everybody with the same limits of /home!
No not everyone as Guests do not have home, as I said. We wont be doing that anyway.

us 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 02:51 
ok new plan...if the problem is with people spamming the /spawn command why dont we just make it have a really cooldown? i saw someone say they wouldnt care if its 24 hour cool down"...just do that if u have to

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 12:08 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
tigerdragon180 wrote:
ok new plan...if the problem is with people spamming the /spawn command why dont we just make it have a really cooldown? i saw someone say they wouldnt care if its 24 hour cool down"...just do that if u have to
Then why have it?

Seriously, if the cooldown is that long, it serves no purpose at all.

fi 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 12:35 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
tigerdragon180 wrote:
First of all, we don't have to do it. If the server management sees commands such as /spawn unfit, there isn't much we can do. At least not without darn good reasoning. As Howard stated, such a long cooldown would make it quite useless. It's like being allowed to use a rowboat once a day to get over a small lake. You could make the trip hundreds of times in 24h.

Sure, I would love to have a /spawn command - I wouldn't mind having even a 48h cooldown - but still it comes to applicability. If we don't (won't) have the command, we must walk. A little walk can't hurt? It doesn't really take long to walk to the Spawn (unless you don't know where it is and can't access the Dynmap for some untold reasons) and while at it you can do shit like stroll around looking at others' builds, kill chickens, find new caves to explore - heck, I don't even care if you start masturbating. Just go.
:demm:

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

us 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 18:19 
Has learned to write! (215)
Spawn city bitch, spawn spawn city bitch, got 20's 20's 20's spawns on my bitch.
Sorry had to. (P.s pretty sure that's wrong tho lol.)

us 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 18:54 
yeah new plan...screw spawn city, no way to really get there and i only go there to get to the market....i was going to build a skyway to the spawn but no...instead im just makeing it to the market....seriously the spawn city is so far out of the way its pointless i gusse

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 19:17 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
tigerdragon180 wrote:
yeah new plan...screw spawn city, no way to really get there and i only go there to get to the market....i was going to build a skyway to the spawn but no...instead im just makeing it to the market....seriously the spawn city is so far out of the way its pointless i gusse
...You mean aside from the portals that lead to it, right? Right?

Also no, you weren't gonna build a skyway :wink:

fi 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 19:55 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
tigerdragon180 wrote:
...You mean aside from the portals that lead to it, right? Right?

Also no, you weren't gonna build a skyway :wink:
[url]smp.specialattack.net:8123/?worldname=Hub&mapname=surface&zoom=6&x=-1311.7867245556674&y=64&z=737.5855040182441[/url]
If that's not a skyway, then I don't know what the hell it is.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

us 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 20:37 
ok howard have u ever thought we dont know where the portals are? yeah there may be a portal to spawn city but i dont know how to find it...and yeah there is a portal to market in spawn city but i dont know a good way to get to spawn city....i've already started the skyway before u said anything its on hold for now...if u decide to actualy let me proced it will come near both but end in a small dock wher u can swim to either

you say you want us to use our legs...wel;l this is useing your legs! seriously its a long enough walk and you see some amazing builds from up there...there will be stops along the way on the sky way for you to view stuff, im not sure why you would be against this since it doesnt seem to go against anything u've been saying

nl 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 20:43 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
... but it looks bloody awfull, and yes it really does, it screws the sky, and I do not like how this 1x1 block thing is going aside PA..

us 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 20:45 
its not going to be a 1x1 block thing forever....im trying to make a start then build it up a bit to look decent but you cant build it up until u know where tis going and have it started...if its reallt a problem i will remove the whole thing for now the project is halted and if it is a problem i will either remove it or re rout it

us 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 20:47 
Illiterate (3)
We need some way to easily get to spawn city from where we live/play. My home is in the southwest corner and would take at least 10-15 minutes to walk/run there. We need the skyway and/or a command to get to spawn city. Even with the sky way it will take at least 10 minutes. If I walk i'll have to fight off mobs and probably some idiot griefers who want to kill me for my stuff. So I think we should keep both the skyway and have a command to teleport to spawn city. Yes the spawn city command should have like a 1 hr cool down but it should still exist.

us 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 21:30 
ok i've heard some talk and i came up with PIE fixes...

1.) make it lower so it doesnt obstruct view of the sky

2.) make it look nice

3.)re route it far away from any person who has a complaint

4.)GET SOME SERVER SUPPORT BEHIND THIS!!!!!

seriously think of how good this sky ways can be if we have some support from our admins...if we all pitch in we can make this an amazing thing! work will only resume if i can get a green light on the project...if red light is given then i shall remove it to the little bit it was before i started the expansion (since noone had an issue with it then)

us 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 21:36 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (20)
Well, to be fair, no one had an issue with it because it was my own personal skyway, limited to our territory. And it's still not even complete there. You guys need to finish making it 3 wide with leaves at the edges.

That said, a Skyway is a good concept. You just might need to be more careful with the routing.

us 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 21:40 
yeah i've been trying to just slowly go around builds so far....maybe if we get some server support for the rest someone can help plan it better...i might actually start expaning in the areas that are our territory....im hopeing this will not just be a personal sky way but something the whole community can use

nl 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 22:18 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
Jesus, guys, seriously?
Grab a fucking boat and get to the ocean, you'll be in spawn within 5 minutes, I dont get the whole point of a fucking walkway in the sky, it looks ugly and shit, you cant make it look nice, cos they aren't..

us 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 22:31 
look ill tear most of it down for now...but pat think of it this way...some of us dont live near the ocean and at least want a safe walk every once and awhile to the ocean and they dont all look ugly if they are actually finished and decorated...but for now im removeing most of it...

just remember some of us are at least thinking of trying to improve the server even if they arent successful...i gusse its better than nothing

also thanks for makeing your home public barbearian...it helps alot being right next to a portal to spawn (similar to what i suggested earlier)

nl 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 22:39 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
Sure, but what does it help for like.. 2 weeks now? untill this server is going down and we're on a test one. Really.