Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:40

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 06:25 
Geek (631)
Well, seeing this weekend all things Deus ex are 75% off on steam and I can get the full collection for $15, I'm considering finally getting the game. But I'm worried that my graphics card won't be able to handle it. I have 8 GB of ram, and my processor has 3.2 GHz. My graphics card is shit, and I can't replace it because my computer is a shitty slimline. The game recommends NVIDIA GeForce 8000 series or ATI Radeon HD 2000 series or better, and well, mine is a ATI Radeon 3000 graphics I guess, with 256 mb video memory. I had to play skyrim with the lowest options, and it ran ok. So I'm thinking that it'll work with low details, but just felt like making sure first.

So that, and also if there is anyone left without the game, now would be a good chance to snatch it up.

[02:01] <+PTB3> Bostardi*: I CANT MOVE
[02:01] <+PTB3> Bostardi*: I HAVE POLIO
[02:01] <+PTB3> Bostardi*: HELP

[22:21] <@UNICORN_XD> *facedesk* sciece is so broing

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 13:43 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
To be honest, the graphics in DX:HR are nothing to write home about. You have to remember that this was a 360 game to which has less graphical horsepower than the average toaster so chances are it will run ok, albeit on low details.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 13:51 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
If you're running Skyrim I don't see you having any problems with HR.

To be honest the only thing I remember about HR is how much I pined for Deus Ex through the game.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 15:04 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Its a good game - better than the the first game in may ways. Deus Ex is victim to rose-tinted glasses syndrome. It was beyond epic at the time but the engine is a joke and mechanics are just broken. DE:HR beats it hollow (boss fights not withstanding).

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 16:46 
Has no REAL life! (1620)
Its better as a game I agree but I much preferred the plot and other writings of Deus Ex. HR has its moments but it looses some of the subtleties of the first game and repeats many of the plot points. I enjoyed it a lot though and its well beyond being worthy of the name DE much more so than Invisible War was.

You know just talking about it makes me wan't to play through again which is a good sign.

Adam Jensen's voice gets on my nerves though, on the other hand I love the phonetic rhyme between the names J.C. Denton and Adam Jensen.

de 
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2012, 20:02 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
I had 45 hours of fun with HR+DLC... just ignore Mr. Critics and play it. The look and style of HR compensates the "nothing to write home about" gfx with ease. The gameplay is top for this kind of game and regarding the story... other companies would make 3 games of it.

You simply cannot do anything wrong for 15 coins.