Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:11

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
 Post subject: does spa have a radio?
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 15:51 
Has learned to write! (169)
does spa have a online radio? because i would love to listen to that!

if the doesnt i know some sites where u can make a free radio :j

A good day below ground - you're blessed

There is nothing nothing finer than a miner

no 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 16:04 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
well, don't know if you can categorize this as radio but SpecialAttack set up a soundcloud account few months back.
Nothing has been uploaded yet but whoever wants to can do so i think :-)

Heres the link: http://soundcloud.com/specialattack

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 16:09 
soundcloud is just a online savefile for music and they havtn added any files yet

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 16:16 
Community slut (13473)
We have a shoutcast server, but no DJ's 8)

You're better off just listening to a music station of your choice, with the music you like.

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 16:44 
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

You're better off just listening to a music station of your choice, with the music you like.
i can be a dj, i would love to do it :D

fi 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 17:32 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

WHAATT! now you tell me q.q I've been searching for ways to stream live mixes when I'me arsed to mix :D

02:47 <@NabNab> saifon: you so sexy ;)
02:47 <+saifon> D:

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 11:34 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Ohhh nabnab, Unity used to do a DJ set every weekend! Where have you been?

fi 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 15:12 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
Yeah where have I been D:

fi 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 17:04 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]NabNab wrote:
Yeah where have I been D:
Drinking :ugly: I know you Finns...

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

au 
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2012, 08:15 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

Since when did we have a shoutcast server? What! I'd be glad to be a shoutcast host again, it's so much fun!

I could probably do it on Saturday nights (GMT+10 timezone here), or just in general on weekends. Styles of music I'd play are Dubstep, Electro house, Disco, Dance, Electronica, Drum and Bass, Trance, Nu Disco, Grime and just about every sub-genre of dubstep (Brostep, gorestep, wubstep, old school shit, etc)

nl 
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2012, 09:15 
Community slut (13473)
Ivanosauros wrote:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

Since when did we have a shoutcast server? What! I'd be glad to be a shoutcast host again, it's so much fun!

I could probably do it on Saturday nights (GMT+10 timezone here), or just in general on weekends. Styles of music I'd play are Dubstep, Electro house, Disco, Dance, Electronica, Drum and Bass, Trance, Nu Disco, Grime and just about every sub-genre of dubstep (Brostep, gorestep, wubstep, old school shit, etc)
Poke me sometimes on IRC or so and I'll get you hooked up.

au 
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2012, 09:34 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Oh awesome. Although I frankly have no idea what to do. However I would be glad to dj if someone helped me out for the first little bit :mrgreen:

us 
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2012, 13:43 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (148)
i would like to dj i will play the rock music :) anything from 70's to now sounds great good:)

[15:31] <+PTB1> Frankwj1: i need to repair all the fuck

[15:36] <+PTB1> Frankwj1: what did you do?
[15:37] <+PTB3> Frankwj1: you fucked the pool
[15:37] <+PTB2> Frankwj1: miner.....

fi 
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2012, 20:42 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
Ivanosauros wrote:
Styles of music I'd play are Dubstep, Electro house, Disco, Dance, Electronica, Drum and Bass, Trance, Nu Disco, Grime and just about every sub-genre of dubstep (Brostep, gorestep, wubstep, old school shit, etc)
He has two categories, how about you? :ugly:

au 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 05:21 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
[SpA]NabNab wrote:
Ivanosauros wrote:
Styles of music I'd play are Dubstep, Electro house, Disco, Dance, Electronica, Drum and Bass, Trance, Nu Disco, Grime and just about every sub-genre of dubstep (Brostep, gorestep, wubstep, old school shit, etc)
Loads :3

but yer you can categorize it into two 'main' styles - dubstep and post-dubstep. Post dubstep if often called "brostep", and it's characterized by aggressive noise and midrange melodies as opposed to the original forms of dubstep which feature more chilled out bass-filled stuff from people like skream, loefah, distance, etc. post-dubstep has artists like excision and datsik as the relatively good ones. Skrillex is kind of labeled by pop culture as one of the pioneers of the sound but in all honesty he kind of hopped along and did what rusko did, but with deadmau5's label mau5trap instead.

Gorestep/brostep/wubstep are just variations of the same thing. There are a lot more, but those are kind of just hybrid editions of those three and other popular styles of EDM. Look for things like Neon by Doctor P. Gorestep is ear-rape sound created by a guy called Borgore, who has this weird idea in his head that he's some type of playboy. His music's alright though, despite him sounding a lot like a tryhard when he raps. It sounds basically like a guitar with WAY too much overdrive, then mixed with an animal roaring. Wubstep is "wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub" (quite literally).

Too much detail? Nahhhh.

also cyanide and happiness <3

us 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 05:46 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
I would LOVE to have a show! Although I can't set an exact time...

be 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 09:49 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
Ivanosauros wrote:
[SpA]NabNab wrote:
Loads :3

but yer you can categorize it into two 'main' styles - dubstep and post-dubstep. Post dubstep if often called "brostep", and it's characterized by aggressive noise and midrange melodies as opposed to the original forms of dubstep which feature more chilled out bass-filled stuff from people like skream, loefah, distance, etc. post-dubstep has artists like excision and datsik as the relatively good ones. Skrillex is kind of labeled by pop culture as one of the pioneers of the sound but in all honesty he kind of hopped along and did what rusko did, but with deadmau5's label mau5trap instead.

Gorestep/brostep/wubstep are just variations of the same thing. There are a lot more, but those are kind of just hybrid editions of those three and other popular styles of EDM. Look for things like Neon by Doctor P. Gorestep is ear-rape sound created by a guy called Borgore, who has this weird idea in his head that he's some type of playboy. His music's alright though, despite him sounding a lot like a tryhard when he raps. It sounds basically like a guitar with WAY too much overdrive, then mixed with an animal roaring. Wubstep is "wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub" (quite literally).

Too much detail? Nahhhh.

also cyanide and happiness <3
That's what NabNab wanted to warn you about. I don't know if we can save you :cry:

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 10:42 
Community slut (13473)
Shoutcast is back up and running. Server streaming details are available at Annarack.

The listen url would be http://www.specialattack.net:8001 (when it's turned on)

You require Winamp + the DSP plugin (http://download.nullsoft.com/shoutcast/ ... indows.exe) to stream.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 10:58 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
And now the horror begins as 50 11 year olds try and play what they think music is. We will create a thread some were in which you can apply for the chance to be considered as a Dj. I tell you now, most of you will be refused.

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 11:20 
Community slut (13473)
I think you should see it as an event based server, rather then permanent station (this also to avoid copyright crap).

We used to have a couple of good DJ's playing every now and then which was real nice.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 13:27 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
I think you should see it as an event based server, rather then permanent station (this also to avoid copyright crap).

We used to have a couple of good DJ's playing every now and then which was real nice.
No worries

au 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 18:10 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
[SpA]heldplayer wrote:
That's what NabNab wanted to warn you about. I don't know if we can save you :cry:
I'm a lost cause :ugly:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Shoutcast is back up and running. Server streaming details are available at Annarack.

You require Winamp + the DSP plugin (http://download.nullsoft.com/shoutcast/ ... indows.exe) to stream.
Does this mean it's not possible to use the inbuilt broadcasting functions in Atomix Virtual DJ software?

no 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 18:13 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (17)
shouldnt Wanking be the DJ? he has been playing alot of music in mumble as far as i know, some even his own.
maybe he can start a radio channel on his own for SpA, playing his lovely music that he makes

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 18:22 
Community slut (13473)
Ivanosauros wrote:
[SpA]heldplayer wrote:
I'm a lost cause :ugly:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

Does this mean it's not possible to use the inbuilt broadcasting functions in Atomix Virtual DJ software?
You can choose your soundcard as source input, rather then winamp itself. It's configurable in the DSP plugin.

au 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 18:25 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
I wasn't aware of that. Thanks!

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 20:19 
Has no REAL life! (1285)
Alot is possible, i connected my audio mixer to my pc what gets picked up by the plugin within winamp.
That way i could use my turntables :)

We Shall Not Be Moved!

de 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2012, 20:01 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Akix wrote:
shouldnt Wanking be the DJ? he has been playing alot of music in mumble as far as i know, some even his own.
maybe he can start a radio channel on his own for SpA, playing his lovely music that he makes
His singing is better :mrgreen:

nl 
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2012, 00:24 
this forum is getting chatroom... i only wanted to know if spa had a radio :|

de 
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2012, 16:28 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
We had, but Saint broke it: