Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:40

All times are UTC+02:00

cy 
 Post subject: Olympic Games 2012
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2012, 00:06 
Has learned to write! (154)
Hello SpA,
How are you all? I'm posting this regarding the 2012 London Olympic games that have been going at this time and I'd like to have a chat about that.
To start are you even watching the Olympics and if so what are your impressions to this moment? For me
the opening ceremony wasn't that great and doesn't even come close to previous ones. But what is your opinion on it?
What sports do you like the most? Are you involved with any of them? I've been playing football for a long time and I've also been in to swimming. Which country do you think will earn the most medals? I think USA will once more.
I'm mostly watch football, judo, volleyball and track. Just leave your comments on the above and talk about the Olympics in general and tell me your thoughts. Looking forward to see your answers.

us 
 Post subject: Re: Olympic Games 2012
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2012, 00:56 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
I am watching the Olympics!

Although, I was not feeling that impressed with the opening. Which very well may be because I know very little about the UK and their history(Except for how it ties into American History and a few other countries I've had to learn about).

The sports I like the most, is all of them. I'm not a big sports fan, but I do enjoy watching whatever happens to be on during the Olympics. I've never seen a sport that absolutely bores me while watching it, although track could be considered on of my lower liked sports. I do enjoy watching swimming the most, along with diving.

As for country with the most medals? No clue. :P

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2012, 01:24 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
loving them! if i'm not working, then i'm watching the olympics. bit disappointed that i missed the long cycle races, but the BBC highlights (especially the extended ones that start after the 10 oclock news) have been excellent for catching up with just about everything else. probably the most 'wow' moment so far has been women's gymnastics - they could out-Spiderman Spiderman :ugly:

i thought the opening ceremony was genius. of course it doesn't compare to Beijing because it wasn't supposed to be about pure spectacle, but about Britain and how we're sometimes not boring and rubbish. Rowan Atkinson, British people being good at music, the child catcher on rollerskates, quoting The Tempest - take your pick for a highlight. no idea how it holds up for the rest of the world, but i think that it stuck to some of the most relatable themes without getting all awkward about the Empire. cracking job.

though China look like they're running away with the medal tally for now, swimming and diving seem to be their strongest area and they're not exactly prolific on the track (or the field?). USA could well close the gap.

sports i'm keeping an eye on? indoor cycling is always amazing; volleyball and boxing are more entertaining than i thought they were; whether he retains his gold or not, Phelps is still superhuman and awesome to behold; Hussain Bolt used to be able to win the 100m by running backwards, but this time round he's got competition; got to see if Britain are still good at rowing now the Steve Redgrave is too busy being on TV all the time; and just about anything that GB might win a medal in!

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2012, 02:09 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I watched the women's volleyball 8)

cy 
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2012, 02:18 
Has learned to write! (154)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Nice, that says it all :wink: 8) :lol:

nl 
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2012, 22:17 
Community slut (13473)
I've been watching a lot of Olympics saturday and sunday, and I was actually surprised how much I enjoyed watching some sports :shock:

au 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 14:24 
Crap at posting (32)
I L U V the Olympics
Swimming and athletics are my favorite things to watch
Oh and gymnastics and football
The opening ceremony was not the best
I hate watching the equestrian drives me nuts
I play football and do athletics

gb 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 14:28 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Men's Gymnastics Team Final... has to be the highlight of the games, gonna take something really special to top that! :-11

au 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 14:41 
Crap at posting (32)
Womens volleyball maybe?

de 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 15:09 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Add "beach" somewhere in the sentence... ;)

TV/Stream is running when possible. :5:

us 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 22:18 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
Men's Gymnastics Team Final... has to be the highlight of the games, gonna take something really special to top that! :-11
American's men's gymnastics was, well... yeah.

nl 
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2012, 11:06 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
I really enjoyed the opening. I wasn't going to watch it but it was on and I found myself being completely distracted from playing PayDay. I thought they did an amazing job on the choreography and costumes. A really nice brief run through our history which is a great way to learn for those that are not too knowledgeable about it.

As for watching it. I'm not really that interested. I've now been forced to watch ITV in the mornings because all it's about is the Olympics. Now I don't keep in touch with the rest of the world much and the morning TV is mainly where I do find out what's going on and I REALLY don't like watching ITV in the mornings but it's much more pleasant than BBC at the moment.

Saying that, I did watch the men's diving because they have fit bodies and I do love watching gymnastics. But I've not watched any Olympic sport apart from that.