Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:22

All times are UTC+02:00

no 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 17:40 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
Hello. So i asked for help once before so i'll try again :D

So, i'm so stupid i had my friend convince me to get the Nightly build of Firefox but it ended up with more errors than he said :P So i uninstalled it and it asked to if i wanted to remove all personal details for Firefox Nightly (which i wondered had any effect on stable version, but it said Nightly so i figured it to be ok), so i removed it all just to find out i had removed all my...well personal data :P

So i did a Windows Recovery til few days before and had my personal data back, but now im having problems showing the sites completely. I think it wont show the background images. Like on this forum i cant see the banner above the menu. I deselected the option in firefox to show background images and reselected it and it helped for a couple of sites. I also tried reinstalling Firefox (though saving the personal data this time :P) but to no luck.

Anyone have any idea what this might be?

Edit: Just noticed it didnt want to show images in the Funny Picture Thread, but the animated goat picture works just fine

nl 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 19:15 
Community slut (13473)
If you do ctrl+f5, does that change anything, or does the website still not load correctly?

no 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 19:38 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
yup, that helped. do i have to do it for every single website that fails to load properly?

fi 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 20:37 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Sometimes (read: every other time I open my Aurora) the page layout is shit, no images, no styling, etc. - I just delete all history for an hour's time and things run smoothly again...

EDIT: Wiped (most of) the derpiness.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

Last edited by [SpA]Dolf on 31 Jul 2012, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 21:32 
The one and only (619)
Also Google Chrome ;3

no 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 22:12 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
it havent quite helped with ctrl+f5, have to do it for almost every page i visit and some times up to multiple times to get the page fully loaded. why did this happen on a turnback of windows? :-/

gb 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 22:21 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
No idea if this would work, but no harm in trying it anyway. As well as deleting all your cookies, delete all the cached files too. Sometimes I have trouble with viewing some pages because it's using the old cached files. Just clear everything.

Tools -> Clear Recent History ->
Time Range to clear -> Everything
Details -> Select everything -> Clear now

se 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 22:38 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
Samiak_ wrote:
Sometimes (read: every other time I open my Aurora) the page layout is shit, no images, no styling, etc. - I just delete the cookies for an hour's time and things run smoothly again...
like annarack wrote, this is likely because the browser discards the cache and requests a fresh document instead. cookies seems a bit far-fetched unless whoever made the website is a tool. :ugly:

css files aren't updated very often (unlike this forum, for instance), and the browser will then stick to the old version which for some reason is borked

(this might not at all be related to OP)

fi 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 22:57 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
dckjns wrote:
Samiak_ wrote:
Sometimes (read: every other time I open my Aurora) the page layout is shit, no images, no styling, etc. - I just delete the cookies for an hour's time and things run smoothly again...
like annarack wrote, this is likely because the browser discards the cache and requests a fresh document instead. cookies seems a bit far-fetched unless whoever made the website is a tool. :ugly:

css files aren't updated very often (unlike this forum, for instance), and the browser will then stick to the old version which for some reason is borked

(this might not at all be related to OP)
Derp, silly me, I meant all history for an hour's time instead of just them cookies :demm: Silly me.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

no 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 23:07 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
looks like it might have worked with clearing it all. we'll see :D

cy 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2012, 00:47 
Has learned to write! (154)
[SpA]Hunth wrote:
Ok that's good. Keep trying that but if the problems continue why don't you just switch to a different browser? As far as I know nightly is just on testing stages and so these kinds of problems happen a lot and can only drive you crazy. If you need help from more experienced people you can post a question on yahoo answers.

no 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2012, 02:11 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
Zombakias wrote:
[SpA]Hunth wrote:
Ok that's good. Keep trying that but if the problems continue why don't you just switch to a different browser? As far as I know nightly is just on testing stages and so these kinds of problems happen a lot and can only drive you crazy. If you need help from more experienced people you can post a question on yahoo answers.
like i mentioned in my first post, i removed Nightly and went back to stable Firefox which i have been very much satisfied with for many years now. I wouldnt change it for nothing :D

no 
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2012, 02:23 
Nerdish, tbh. (441)
it looks like its all sorted.

thanks ya'll

fi 
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2012, 03:00 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Yahhoo :10

nl 
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2012, 16:18 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Yay :4