Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:47

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
 Post subject: The Vote Kick Proposal
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2012, 20:41 
Pretty useless (68)
I think it would be in the servers interest to get a Vote Kick plugin, this would be a way for members + to keep the server safe even when no Vet+ are on. If one of these plugins does not already exist i am confident that Held or Mbl could whip us up one easy enough. With this plugin we could be safer from spammers,griefers and other Wrong Doers. This is alot of responibility to put on a member but thats why it is a vote, not 1 member can spam kick someone it would take the majority of members to vote on kicking to person. The plugin should only come into play if there is more than 3 members online. Thats my thought i'd like to here what you guys have to say about the matter.
-Mack

[10:36] <+Mack_> Howie I cant die D:
[10:36] <@Howard_s> challenge accepted...
macktastic360 was slain by SpA_Howard

fi 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2012, 21:07 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Without IRC this could work well. Even with IRC it could work well. However, we have a chan full of people ready to swing the boot (and the hammer) if the need be.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2012, 21:34 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
I really don't like this as an idea and I really don't see the need. With IRC and steam, a member of the Admin team is never far away.

ca 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2012, 21:39 
Doesn't get out much (374)
You mean this? http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/vote-kick/

Saintk: Bet those people are americans
Howard: Course they are american; one big religious nuthouse

us 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2012, 23:05 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
I really don't like this as an idea and I really don't see the need. With IRC and steam, a member of the Admin team is never far away.
^^ You can always find people. IRC is loaded, steam is bound to have someone on. We have alot of staff, some who may not be as active(such as myself) can be easily reached by steam and can come on quickly.

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2012, 16:46 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
We have a big admin team no need for this.

us 
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2012, 04:06 
Has learned to write! (152)
tbh i dont rlly know how to get a hold of a lot of the admin team besides irc...even on irc i have had trouble a few times, and on steam...well yeah i dont rlly know any of u on steam...even if i did i probably wouldnt interrupt someone in game for small spammer or griefer issues.

on the steam part im just not exactly steam savy...i mainly use it to play my games and that is it

us 
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2012, 12:00 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Your in luck! A steam group was just started for minecraft. Once your in the group, and everyone else is too, you should be able to message any admin, even if there not on your friends list.

http://forum.specialattack.net/viewtopi ... 08&t=13982
Post in that topic to get invited, as it is invite only.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2012, 13:21 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
tigerdragon180 wrote:
tbh i dont rlly know how to get a hold of a lot of the admin team besides irc...even on irc i have had trouble a few times, and on steam...well yeah i dont rlly know any of u on steam...even if i did i probably wouldnt interrupt someone in game for small spammer or griefer issues.

on the steam part im just not exactly steam savy...i mainly use it to play my games and that is it
Easy really. I am never far from a PC and always have my phone so between the steam group (as bubba detailed above), IRC, Steam (I am [SpA]Howard on there - feel free to add me), google+/gchat/email (howard@worldscapes.co.uk) and the forums, I can always be found.

us 
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2012, 02:38 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Plus if you have an iOS device, you can access the console from anywhere with Team Viewer. It works quite nicely might I add, I scared the crap out of a few people with it.