Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:44

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 15:18 
Community slut (13473)
Quote:
New features announced each day this week, beta access available soon

August 13, 2012--Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced a major update coming to the Steam Community.

This update focuses on highlighting and enabling the best user-created screenshots, videos, and Workshop items for games across Steam while making it easier for the community to discuss their favorite games.

Every game on Steam will have a new Game Hub. The Hubs highlight the most popular user-created screenshots, videos, and Steam Workshop items as rated by the community and combine it with related news, discussions, and comments for the game all in one central location.

"The New Steam Community is all about showing off the best content that gamers have created," says Emily Kent at Valve. "With over 89 million screenshots, videos, Steam Workshop maps, levels, mods, and items, plus news articles and product updates, the community has created an unbelievable wealth of content around their favorite games."

Steam is a leading platform for the delivery and management of PC and Mac games and digital entertainment, with over 40 million accounts around the world and over 2000 titles offered.

Check back each day (August 13-16th) for a preview of a new set of features at www.steamcommunity.com/communitycontent.

de 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 15:58 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Mann vs Machine and this? Come on Valve... that's more awesomeness than EA can do in a lifetime... :ugly:

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 19:50 
Community slut (13473)
http://steamcommunity.com/communitycontent#day2

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 20:51 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Was hoping for some more substantial improvements to steam groups, but I'll take anything over nothing.

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 20:59 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Was hoping for some more substantial improvements to steam groups, but I'll take anything over nothing.
Same here, I'd like to see some better server<->steamgroup integration!

us 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2012, 00:14 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Well I got the beta for the Update, here is what our steam group looks like!

nl 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2012, 00:25 
Community slut (13473)
Too bad there still isn't a "servers" listing there :cry:

us 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2012, 00:43 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Too bad there still isn't a "servers" listing there :cry:
Yup, that would be really useful.

Maybe even a "add all servers to favorites" button, hoping to much I assume :(

us 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2012, 00:48 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Sorry for the double post. :P
Quote:
2 beta invites each are going out now to the first 50,000 recipients of the Pillar of the Steam Community badge. More invites will go out daily until we end the beta period and turn it live for everyone.
I'm so glad I completed that dumb badge :P

Also, I have already gifted my other invite, sorry guys.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2012, 02:01 
The one and only (619)
I just got into the Beta, looks promising and theres a Steam greenlight tab aswell :D

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2012, 22:35 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
So...this is Steam meets Facebook then?

:roll:

us 
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 02:56 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Hmm, I wonder if there would be a way to link the Steam TF2 group "discussions" to our TF2 forums section. I am probably hoping for too much, but it's an idea.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 04:29 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
It's nice how they are implementing more things to do with the workshop, but personally I would still just go to fallout/skyrim nexus. We shall see how the update is but it seems way more that steam is trying to be more community based than just a game store.

us 
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 14:01 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Quote:
Group moderators:
To allow for better group management, groups can add a new level of member called Moderators.
Hmm, would this be implemented for SpA members on the TF2 groups, and staff in the Minecraft group?

nl 
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 15:28 
Community slut (13473)
bubbajim3 wrote:
Quote:
Group moderators:
To allow for better group management, groups can add a new level of member called Moderators.
Hmm, would this be implemented for SpA members on the TF2 groups, and staff in the Minecraft group?
The question is, is there a reason to add moderators?

us 
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 16:01 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
bubbajim3 wrote:

To moderate things :wink:

I can't think of anything really, since, discussions won't be in the group, they will be on the forums :P

But, it would be nice to know, who you can talk to if a situation arises, such as, how I look for names with a gold star indicating they are the group admin.

nl 
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 16:18 
Community slut (13473)
bubbajim3 wrote:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

To moderate things :wink:

I can't think of anything really, since, discussions won't be in the group, they will be on the forums :P

But, it would be nice to know, who you can talk to if a situation arises, such as, how I look for names with a gold star indicating they are the group admin.
You can report issues here on the forums, it's the central hub of everything. We won't be adding privileges just for the sake of adding privileges.

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 18:02 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Moderators sound good for the tf2 group, means I can let some non-admins able to call for server fills.