Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:48

All times are UTC+02:00

at 
 Post subject: ETA on the new SMP map?
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 12:15 
Geek (749)
I would just like to know since I don't want to build on the temp server because I know that it will just get wiped at some point soon.

I understand that it's hard work to test all of it and such but maybe a current update on what's left to update/test would be nice.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 12:45 
Nerdish, tbh. (587)
Be patient,play on the temp map, please realise that we are building the map and getting all the plugins needed it takes time.

nl 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 14:02 
Doesn't get out much (376)
Soon [TM]

Well not as bad as soon. We don't have a date set but I'm going to jinx it by saying, in the next few days.

at 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 14:35 
Geek (749)

Fine.

fi 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 15:22 
Has no REAL life! (1690)

I love Temp maps, one huge factor being that you can build and do what the fuck ever you want. It's a temporary setting, go wild! Not wild enough to break rules, though...

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

at 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 15:47 
Geek (749)
Samiak_ wrote:

I love Temp maps, one huge factor being that you can build and do what the fuck ever you want. It's a temporary setting, go wild! Not wild enough to break rules, though...
Give me good examples of what going wild would be if you can't break any rules?

fi 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 16:12 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
ihasfire wrote:
Samiak_ wrote:

Give me good examples of what going wild would be if you can't break any rules?
Go camping :ugly: Nah, just build something you won't grieve over. Something great. It's just like building with Legos. They never last forever.

Also, the Temp map gives you a great opportunity to socialize and help folks, when you don't constantly have to watch your own residence and expand your imperium. It's going to be gone soon anyway :P

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 16:36 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
The server is almost done but we are on a steep and slippery learning curve.

The functionality of the server is in place as are all the required builds but the change to using Towny will be...well its going to be a fucking nightmare, I wont lie. Not that Towny is difficult - it is in fact very simple indeed - but change is always viewed as a bad thing by people around here and I can already here the mumbling, moaning, whining stubbornness building.

Right now we are trying to get all OPs to come online to the test server and play around with Towny so they can get used to it as it will be them fielding the volley torrent avalanche cataclysmic deluge of questions and complaints that are to come.