PostPosted: 31 Jan 2013, 14:08 
Geek (883)
Get the freebuild masons and archs!!!

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

at 
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2013, 15:13 
Geek (749)
Give me a flat area and creative and I'll build that.

However one exception, we don't get another temp map that lasts 4 months and then just have the map forgotten.

nl 
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2013, 15:42 
Community slut (13473)
That's insane :shock:

us 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 02:07 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
I think I can do something like that, but not with the shaders :3

au 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 02:31 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
But in full seriousness, if someone could show me that they are committed to building something like this with a team of people I would sponsor them with resources for the construction, along with an area protection.

us 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 02:54 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Just need a few building plans and I think I can manage doing this in creative, or just having flying.... I don't have a good record with stacking blocks. Also time management is a concern, I barely have time to do much. I would do well as a team member but not leader.

at 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 11:42 
Geek (749)
[SpA]mbl111 wrote:
But in full seriousness, if someone could show me that they are committed to building something like this with a team of people I would sponsor them with resources for the construction, along with an area protection.
ihasfire wrote:

However one exception, we don't get another temp map that lasts 4 months and then just have the map forgotten.
I can easily lead people on how to build the houses/walls etc required. We can all decide on what looks best. I could put together some plans and the measurements of walls/towers etc.

I pretty much already know how to build the huge dome, gates, huge castle.

You're going to need to give us a huge coastline, and let's say a 150x150 flattened area. I can think of more requirements but I'm not even sure you'll allow me to do it.

be 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 19:46 
Crap at posting (46)
Don't underestimate building stuff like that :p, it's harder than it looks

[20:55] <+FBV> roqqan: pat
[20:55] <+FBV> Patogy: yes?
[20:56] <+FBV> roqqan: pat your fat :D

au 
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2013, 00:00 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (147)
ihasfire wrote:
[SpA]mbl111 wrote:
ihasfire wrote:

I can easily lead people on how to build the houses/walls etc required. We can all decide on what looks best. I could put together some plans and the measurements of walls/towers etc.

I pretty much already know how to build the huge dome, gates, huge castle.

You're going to need to give us a huge coastline, and let's say a 150x150 flattened area. I can think of more requirements but I'm not even sure you'll allow me to do it.
http://forum.specialattack.net/viewtopi ... 08&t=14653 :5:

ca 
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2013, 04:29 
Geek (776)
kick_ass wrote:
Don't underestimate building stuff like that :p, it's harder than it looks
This exactly. I'm happy to see you guy volunteering; but, you'd have to be pretty committed to build something like this. In order to make something of that size, and detail, I'd label it as over 75 hours.

Take it from the guy that didn't finish projects, this would be hard to see through to the end. Not saying it's undoable, just saying this would be alot of work.

at 
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2013, 10:20 
Geek (749)
Yeah I knew it. I guess you guys don't want to try to build it then.

I understand it's a very detailed and long build but I guess we are just underestimating ourselves then.

It looks like we have a bunch of people signed up on some other post to help around, so they could obviously help us build it.(Not sure how long their patience will hold but still.)

Another thing, for one it's really hard to build something like that from scratch as you don't have that many pictures to base it off except you know real life pictures. Well we have a album on how it's built which gives me more than enough detail to get something close to it. I never said that I could make the exact build that is on the pictures but atleast I'm willing to try.

So again I am offering myself to build this, but as I have learned in the past I shouldn't get my hopes up.

nl 
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2013, 10:22 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
Guys come on!
There's nothing to fucking lose!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

+[[color=#0040BF]FrankyDoodle[/color]]) ah french most fucky and irritating language ever
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]opo89[/color]) french is good
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]DarkknightM45[/color]) all the french are good at is surrendering

[color=#0000FF]Freebuild[/color] [color=#FF0000]Operator[/color]
[color=#0000FF]SMP[/color] [color=#008000]Member[/color]

au 
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2013, 11:15 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
I didn't mean that we build exactly this. I was more trying to suggest that it would be nice if we could have a team of people build like this :p

at 
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2013, 11:18 
Geek (749)
[SpA]mbl111 wrote:
I didn't mean that we build exactly this. I was more trying to suggest that it would be nice if we could have a team of people build like this :p
Well you made that post for people to help with building on the server, grab a handful that said that they'll help and we're set.

au 
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2013, 11:26 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
In theory yes, that would work. But I don't want to have to lead a team to build this, let alone I can't. For a team to do this they all need to have the desire for the project being completed, Especially the team leader. If this team were to come to me with a plan of the town and could show they were dedicated however, I would help them with things such as resources to get going and some land editing for the space to build in.

at 
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2013, 12:43 
Geek (749)
[SpA]mbl111 wrote:
In theory yes, that would work. But I don't want to have to lead a team to build this, let alone I can't. For a team to do this they all need to have the desire for the project being completed, Especially the team leader. If this team were to come to me with a plan of the town and could show they were dedicated however, I would help them with things such as resources to get going and some land editing for the space to build in.
I've got the plans and since anyone can be part of our team, we have people that can help build.

I guess since no one else wants to be the team leader I can volunteer to be it. We can't show you dedication without us actually having the area to build on. I'd like to talk to you over mumble or something if you want to go through with this so I can explain these plans of mine.

This build primarily consists of 4-5 large builds like the dome, gate etc.. and the rests is houses in the middle of it all. Everyone can design their own medieval house since we're going to need a ton of them.

I seriously don't know what else to say or do.

be 
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2013, 12:53 
Crap at posting (46)
I would like to help building. But do you have a general plan of where and how to build the things? Take for example the sizes of the houses and the larger builds or the general style of the houses.

[20:55] <+FBV> roqqan: pat
[20:55] <+FBV> Patogy: yes?
[20:56] <+FBV> roqqan: pat your fat :D

at 
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2013, 13:09 
Geek (749)
First of I'd have to take a look at the area we have so I can make the size of what we build proportional to how large of an area we have.

Since we can't have block for block measurements I'll have to eye estimate it but we just have to experiment until we see which measurements fits best.

I know how to build most of everything there and the house sizes won't be a big deal we just need to try to make it look some what similar. We're going to need a ton of houses so how they're all built shouldn't be too much of a problem just as long as they are different and follow the same theme.

I can look up diagrams for the base of circles since most of those builds are circular, take for an example the main gate is just 2 towers that are connected in the middle, then we have just square towers that run along each wall.

I already thought of most of it in my head, I just need the place the built it and experiment.

us 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2013, 00:33 
Doesn't get out much (341)
That looks epic!

[15:38] <@{Patogy}> No, I had it in myanus
[15:38] <@{Patogy}> Which is uranus for you
[15:38] <@{Patogy}> ;)

at 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2013, 18:32 
Geek (749)
Alright so I take it as a no?

us 
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2013, 01:58 
Geek (839)
ihasfire wrote:
Alright so I take it as a no?
I was just on, and according to what I could tell most of the building is done. Thanks though!

au 
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2013, 02:20 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Ihas, its a no for now, we are just about to switch maps. However you can get ready with your planning. But just be qdvised that there is no building for now

us 
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2013, 04:25 
Geek (883)
[SpA]mbl111 wrote:
we are just about to switch maps.
How soon?

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over