All times are UTC+02:00

Should we have a temp map
Yes 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
Total votes: 22
au 
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2013, 06:51 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Basically the current SMP you play on will be kept on 1.5 until all the plugins have updated. From previous experiences we all know this could take a while. So this is where I pose the question to you guys. Should we update to 1.6 and have a temp map?

Please note: If we have no tempmap then you will need to stay on 1.5 until the server does update otherwise you wont be able to join

au 
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2013, 11:36 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Alright, so the votes are pretty close and high. I've been thinking things through and have found a way that should keep everyone happy. Once 1.6 has been released a new server will be setup with the 1.6 build of minecraft. This will become our public face as to not scare away new players with the 'out of date' server message. Here you can play with all the new 1.6 features on a temp map, however we will keep the old 1.5 maps (and servers) still available to those who wish to play there.

The new 1.6 server will be available on:
smp.specialattack.net

The old 1.5 network will be available on:
smp.specialattack.net:25570

(With the new launcher you will be able to 'downgrade' to version 1.5.2 making joining our old servers easier)

Note that this 1.6 map is only a temp map and once the plugins are updated the current map will be made our primary server again.

nl 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2013, 13:36 
Nerdish, tbh. (503)
Good work mbl!

Sent from my GT-I9300G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

+[[color=#0040BF]FrankyDoodle[/color]]) ah french most fucky and irritating language ever
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]opo89[/color]) french is good
(+SVB) ([color=#0040BF]DarkknightM45[/color]) all the french are good at is surrendering

[color=#0000FF]Freebuild[/color] [color=#FF0000]Operator[/color]
[color=#0000FF]SMP[/color] [color=#008000]Member[/color]

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2013, 17:20 
Crap at posting (59)
This is an absolute fantastic approach. This way I can work on my build while LolNotch and the plugin creators work on their juju.

Also, Hooorsseeee.