Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:48

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2013, 04:03 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
So, I've been seeing all these Snowden posts and all of that. Its a topic quite debated amongst my friends(All americans, btw).

I came across this video, it's a bit unrelated, but I came across it from a link from another video of his. It was about how the Snowden case may just be media propaganda to hide the next world war(however it is unrelated in terms of this topic).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP7L8bw5QF4

What are your views of the video/content presented based?(Looking for a global spectrum of views and takes; no arguing please :wink:)

us 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2013, 04:08 
Geek (883)
It's eddy!! I'll give you a real reply after the fireworks, when I'm crunk

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2013, 11:30 
Community slut (13473)
It all boils down to money.

I can advise you to research one family name throughout history, Rockefeller.

Things will get very clear to you then.

I have a great interest in history, and from what I can gather things will never change.

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2013, 13:31 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I'm not really well informed on these things, so usually I hold onto my opinion, but I'll play devil's advocate. The reason why I can't get behind this video is that it's very bias, which I suppose is nessesary because they were tying to keep it short and sweet. America's interest in the oil has always been very clear and ferocious, but it's to my understanding that Iraq was no innocent party, without intervention they would have just taken Kuwait for themselves as they believe they're entitled to it. Unfortunatley the world runs on oil, Kuwait I think in paticular was vital for the UK. Petrodollar or not, Iraq would have seen a similiar fate, their greed for oil and power, their genocide too, that was going to come to an end one way or another. Taking or burning oil fields steps on a lot of toes.

My other criticism is this idea of some sort of master puppeteer, now it could well be true, but I don't think that's how evil in large corporations or governments occur. I believe if you take a destructive corporation like McDonalds for example, they're knowingly destroying the world and suffocating competitors in their market, but I believe this almost a perpertual machine, not someone sitting in a chair cackling. Any real changes in their destruction could bury them in debt, no one who holds a share or works for McDonalds is going to stand up and say "this is wrong, all in favour of bankrupting ourselves?" they'd be finished. My guess is that for the US, it's a similiar issue, no ones going to stop the evil in favour in killing the dollar and throwing their people into financial turnmoil, they might even try pin it as treason. They either continue their murderous machine, or let the dollar collapse. You'll need to invest in a wheel barrow to carry enough money for a loaf of bread. Greed has damned them to be vampires.

I would like to say I want the US to fail, but what would happen to all the people who live there? They're not the only country causing great suffering to stay afloat. Worst case scenario, the US fell, where does that leave the rest of western civilisation? Sure the west is bent, currupt and evil, but not enirely, it's also done great and compassionate things because it's made of both compassionate and evil people, and then people themselves are both compassionate and evil. I don't know what countries like China and Russia want, but I certainly wouldn't want to be left vunerable to their brand of evil and intolerance.

de 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2013, 19:57 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
World War 3 because of a powerless oil country? Yeah right. Maybe there will be local combat between the US and RU/CH, but why would anyone risk ( or have any reason at all to ) escalating the conflict to a global nuclear war? We all know that the losing country will just nuke everything.

The video might retell the past correctly, but its view of the future is just ridiculous.

Also my sources (random article on the internet) say Russia became dependend on the trade with the west and may not even risk a conflict. :|

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2013, 03:52 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
If they ever did try tackle the US over the oil it wouldn't be a war. I can believe that US are just begging for a war with Iran, but I don't anyone would let it come to that. We're probably just going to stay seemingly at the brink of a world war.

Saying that, the US would be fucked from an EMP alone, their power grids are ancient and they're trying to expand on them. I like to imagine it as them plugging loads old extension cables together from one plug socket :lol: Of course the power outage would last for weeks, months? By then without food and technology it would be complete anarchy.

be 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2013, 10:04 
Has no REAL life! (1087)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
If they ever did try tackle the US over the oil it wouldn't be a war. I can believe that US are just begging for a war with Iran, but I don't anyone would let it come to that. We're probably just going to stay seemingly at the brink of a world war.

Saying that, the US would be fucked from an EMP alone, their power grids are ancient and they're trying to expand on them. I like to imagine it as them plugging loads old extension cables together from one plug socket :lol: Of course the power outage would last for weeks, months? By then without food and technology it would be complete anarchy.
Hush, or the NSA hear you! :P